Mylink or 8" radio touch Screen.... QUIT!!!!!

Not sure if this has been posted and if so can someone direct me to the thread.

My main screen quit working I have nothing but a black screen just great. Any one have this happen or no what is going on? It usually a 2 week wait to get into the dealer and I need my truck for the next month as i'll be on the road. The radio still works on the steering wheel controls but not even the buttons beneath the radio work to change stations or volume up or down.

About all you can do is disconnect battery. Leave unhooked for a minute or two. Capacitors need to discharge. Reconnect and try it. Nothing to loose. We do see logic lockup in radios from time to time though not necessarily 2014 Silverado's.

Mine blacked out on me last week for about 5 minutes. Thought it was (and could be) that i plugged a portable hard-drive in with about 300 gigs of music and it just couldn't manage the files, so it needed to reboot. However, since many of you are having the same problem, maybe it wasn't. I've also noticed some "glitchy" things, like it being able to read recent calls from my cell phone, and the other day it couldn't find my "favorite" stations on the information screen from my steering wheel controls.

Edited by kanderson619

Saw this on TECHLINK. I have the bluetooth issue and my service manager is going to update mine later this week...

Blank Touch Screen after Start-up and in Reverse

January 23, 2014

The infotainment touch screen may be blank after start-up and in Reverse, a rearview camera message may be displayed, and there may be Bluetooth® and navigation system conditions on the following models equipped with radio-infotainment system RPOs IO4, IO5, IO6 or RAO (except with RPO UPF):

• 2014 Silverado 1500 built prior to October 1, 2013

• 2014 Sierra 1500 built prior to October 1, 2013

Some possible Bluetooth conditions include the screen not returning to the Home screen after ending a call, cannot call contact work/mobile number for more than one contact with the same name, and issues concerning speech recognition.

Some navigation conditions include no results found after performing an address search with an incomplete address, the selection of a Point of Interest address delivers a wrong destination position, and the map freezing when panning in the 10k zoom scale.

An updated software calibration has been released to address these conditions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another update just came out on the 10th of March for this issue. As luck would have it my Sierra did it this morning, the tech is working on doing the update to mine now. My truck has a build date of January 2014 so this latest update covers even newer new vehicles. (actually it had a Buick or two on the list of models affected as well)

I was going to wait to post an experience I have had lately with my '14 CC LT, but might as well add to this post. I took my truck in to my dealership due to voice command working intermittently. After calls to GM Tech Support, the tech working on my truck "flashed" the radio. I received a call 3 days after dropping the truck off telling me all was fixed and my truck is ready. When I went in to pick it up that evening, the DIC was blank. The service writer and tech decided I was not takin gmy truck home. After more calls to GM Tech Support, a TAC case was opened and new DIC control module was sent out. Per my service writer on Tuesday, the part arrived and the truck should be good to go late Tuesday or early Wednesday. I followed up with the dealer yesterday, and was told the part showed up this moning and the truck should be ready to go late Wednesday or early Thursday. Well, it is almost lunch time and I still have not heard from the dealer, but I degress and apologize for venting.

I did not experience the blank radio screen, but thought I would share that an issue with MyLink voice command lead to a "flash" which resulted in a blanking of the DIC.

The tech did explain to me that the DIC control module probably had an issue that was pinted out by the updated flash on the MyLink. :nonod:

This explains what happened to mine in reverse a month or so ago now. When I take mine in for the oil change going to let them know and have them flash the module and get a dealer ticket for my radio reception.

I've had this happen on 2 occasions now. I remote start the vehicle through the APP, get in the truck (normally at this point the touch screen will display a Denali logo screen as it boots up), the touch screen this time is dark and does not boot up. None of the dials work below the touch screen. Shut of the truck, open the doors to kill the radio and wait for about 5 minutes, turn on the truck and the Denali logo boot up screen appears and the infotainment screen and dials now function normally. Glitch.