just lowered my 14 Silverado!!!

Not to be a downer but, what motivates people to lower their trucks this much? I can see a 2" drop in the rear to level it out but, I prefer a 2" lift in the front.

I love lowered trucks... Can't explain it other than personal preference. My last truck was lowered, this one is leveled.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be a downer but, what motivates people to lower their trucks this much? I can see a 2" drop in the rear to level it out but, I prefer a 2" lift in the front.

I just like the looks to be honest. I'm not towing anything in this truck. People asked me the same questions about the cars I've owned. I was also asked why I need a car/truck with more power lol. It's all a matter of what you like. Some people like lowered cars/trucks and some don't. To each their own.

$1000. If you go this route get at least 4 different prices where you live and check out there work before you decide to do. There was some guys that were less but the work wasn't up to my standards. I'm pretty picky about paint!

I got a qoute yesterday and it was pretty close to that amount. I may just do the headlights and take off all the badges first. After that, I will do the front and rear bumpers.

I got a qoute yesterday and it was pretty close to that amount. I may just do the headlights and take off all the badges first. After that, I will do the front and rear bumpers.

Its going to look even better when you do.

Lowers the center of gravity, I notice just removing my blocks. My other truck has 2-4 handles like a sports car. My other 2 cars are sports cars I like the feel. You corner a lifted truck it will start bouncing been there done that. I like the looks of lifted, don't like the bounce and the climbing to get in, but im old.

How does a truck perform better if it's lowered?

They do indeed handle a great deal better. I have mine lowered on a 2.5 / 5 Mcgaughy's kit and it really handles exceptionally well for a pick up. 5/7 may be a bit too much drop though....OP any rubbing on dips and speedbumps with OE tires?

Lowered trucks do handle great for cornering (especially GM trucks!). Great in curves, no body roll, better fuel economy (lower drag coefficient), etc. And they look great! :cheers:

They do indeed handle a great deal better. I have mine lowered on a 2.5 / 5 Mcgaughy's kit and it really handles exceptionally well for a pick up. 5/7 may be a bit too much drop though....OP any rubbing on dips and speedbumps with OE tires?

To be honest, I have a great deal of experience with lowered cars/trucks. You really have to drive a lowered car/truck differently. So far, I havent had any real issues with rubbing. I did hit a dip in the road but all was well. Truck drives just like stock and there is little to zero difference in overall feel on the roads. I was excepting the truck to ride rough but not the case with the kit I have. 5/7 may be a little low for some but I love the looks. I did scrape the front valence but that was pulling into my driveway. Since the first one of two experiments gettingt up my driveway, I have not had an issue.

Do you plan on towing anything?

Towing is rarely changed when lowering a truck… Unless you take out leafs to lower, but not many do that anymore… Often times a truck lowered with Air bags can handle the load better, and smoother. But in most cases a lowered truck, even with a 5/6 drop, can still tow what it did before. And with the help from Timbren bumpstops to air bags, it won't even run the chance of bottoming out…

Do you plan on towing anything?

No. The only thing I really plan on putting back there are a couple of dirtbikes, somea toolbox and two gearbags for my son and I. Other than that, I'm not too concerned about towing or going offroad. I got a killer deal on this truck which is another reason I bought. I was looking at a few other brands but none of the local dealers would have been able to touch the price I paid for this truck. I've yet to actually throw anything in the back of this truck but if the extra weight makes the bed drop too far I'll fix the issues. If I really need to toss something heavy back there, I'll just use my old pick up truck.

Archived