2015 Colorado "Build & Price" available.

They are too expensive.. Just built a midlevel Colorado that was 35k.... Why wouldn't you just buy a full size with a V6. While I understand and appriciate the small pickup market, I don't think it will succeed with those prices

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are too expensive.. Just built a midlevel Colorado that was 35k.... Why wouldn't you just buy a full size with a V6. While I understand and appriciate the small pickup market, I don't think it will succeed with those prices

That's MSRP though, I priced out equally optioned Sierra Vs. Canyon and it seems like w/o incentives its about 5k more for the sierra but, considering your getting the optional motor on the Canyon I suppose it'd be more fair to add the 5.3 to the Sierra which makes the difference more like 6k. If they give 5k off the Canyon from 36k I'd really have to consider it for my needs.

I agree they will be too expensive. Just built a wish list full size Sierra and after incentives was only 2 grand more than the wish list Canyon I would want. I really don't use my 2011 crew for what it can do and thought a smaller truck would be the just the thing. Oh well!

I just built a fully loaded one. I think the price isn't bad. It's about 90% of the full sized truck at about 80% of the price. Not too shabby. It's still a good amount of money, but nothing is cheap anymore. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

I just built a fully loaded one. I think the price isn't bad. It's about 90% of the full sized truck at about 80% of the price. Not too shabby. It's still a good amount of money, but nothing is cheap anymore. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

^ This. When you think of it this way, the price is fine. I plan on purchasing a 2016 Canyon, Fully Loaded Diesel. Yes I could afford a full size but I don't need a full size.

When new loaded full sizes are in the 50s, and near work trucks are in the 40s.. a reasonablly equipped minitruck at 35 doesn't sound so bad.

You might be 28/29 with little negotiation on a 35k truck with incentives.

Gm is in a tough position with the pricing. Yes msrp is roughly 7k less for the similar full size, but when they are offering 8500 off any full sizer now it makes it hard to justify paying the same for less truck. I sure hope gm will discount these trucks because I do want one with the duramax, but not for almost 40k. Also, my buddy just bought a new ram ecodiesel and I'm no fan of the rams, that's a nice package and he's averaging 26 mpg in a crew 4x4... Impressive. But gm has to be in the mid 30s mpg for this truck to be competitive bar none.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to be kidding me !

2015 Chevrolet Colorado 4WD Z71

• Engine:

3.6L V-6 cyl,

Transmission:

Automatic,

Exterior Color:

Red Rock,

Interior Color:

Jet Black,

Stock #:

C125985,

Model Code:

12V43,

Fuel Type:

regular unleaded

More…

Wheels: 18" Aluminum, Radio: AM/FM/SiriusXM w/Chevrolet MyLink & Nav, Engine: 3.6L SIDI DOHC V6 VVT, Front Bucket Seats, (more packages…)

It looks like a crew cab with every option box checked. Go do that to a fullsize and it'll be near $50 I bet.

Why do peppy expect these to be priced similar to the Tacoma and Frontier? They're both decade old, uncompetitive trucks.

Got to be kidding me ! 2015 Chevrolet Colorado 4WD Z71

• Engine:
  • 3.6L V-6 cyl,
  • Transmission:
  • Automatic,
  • Exterior Color:
  • Red Rock,
  • Interior Color:
  • Jet Black,
  • Stock #:
  • C125985,
  • Model Code:
  • 12V43,
  • Fuel Type:
  • regular unleaded
More…
Wheels: 18" Aluminum, Radio: AM/FM/SiriusXM w/Chevrolet MyLink & Nav, Engine: 3.6L SIDI DOHC V6 VVT, Front Bucket Seats, (more packages…)

It has 3 grand in wheels, go ahead and add that to the full size you are obviously going to compare it to in price as they have the same option...

Tyler

A crew cab long box colorado optioned similarly to my double cab 14 silverado was 34,450. I know my silverado msrp was in the 41k range. For 15 I'm sure the price went up...

Pricing is not bad, honestly my biggest issue is no bench front seat option. I don't feel I will be satisfied in a truck 8 inches narrower.

For people that use trucks for work, they are not a fit. Not thinking a majority of the Silverado/Sierra/Ram/F150 buyers are going to cross shop these unless they live in a down town environment.

The buyers that need some utility & the biggest target for these trucks will be the Cross over segment, they may work.

The CUV people are not getting $10k off of their vehicles in discounts like the full size trucks. Same for the Frontier/Tacoma market.

That said, have already seen $5,000+ off of a Canyon SLT online.

Ummm......first post here. There's only ~$1200 between invoice and MSRP on a $36k rig. $5k off isn't possible unless a dealer is willing to lose several thousand dollars. It's priced well up front to a similarly equipped Silverado.

I have driven the new Colorado with the 3.6L and really enjoy it. Has plenty of power and is equipped nicely. I wouldn't trade my '14 Silverado in just yet, but down the road would probably consider it.

I could see myself in one if the leg room is good for long trips and the fuel mileage holds. If I can get one fully loaded for 35K after the rush is over and the diesel is out. I looked at one with the dealer closed, big improvement over the last midsized.

Archived