EPA for 6.2/8 speed is official

I am new here. I have been looking for this info for sometime. Thought it would nice to share.
15/21. Not bad for 420 hp.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/

I ordered a 2015 stone blue metallic Denali with 6.2/8speed last month. It is sitting in a 3100 status.
This should be a big upgrade from my 2010 SLT 5.3

I try to convince myself that the 6 speed I have is just fine. I think what sticks in my mind is the 14's now appear to be just not good enough that the newer version has the 8 speed. True the 8 speed costs $500 more, but that's nothing these days. Sorry for my gripe here, just my feeling.

Its only down 100lbs per configuration of Denali with 6.2. Not much to gripe about there.

True but you'd thing the parasitic loss in 4wd would be more. either way, impressive figures. I wonder if the 5.3 will gain anything when it eventually gets the 8 speed.

Would be nice to see 17 city/24 highway for the 5.3 2wd/4wd.

True but you'd thing the parasitic loss in 4wd would be more. either way, impressive figures. I wonder if the 5.3 will gain anything when it eventually gets the 8 speed.

Would be nice to see 17 city/24 highway for the 5.3 2wd/4wd.

I wonder how they will play this all out. If the 5.3 and the 4.3 both get the 8 speed, they will get right up to Colorado/Canyon numbers in mpg, atleast on the highway side. So, unless they have some things in store for those two (obviously the diesel is coming but enhancements for the 2.5 and 3.6...) the full sizers I think will be a threat to the midsize.

I wonder how they will play this all out. If the 5.3 and the 4.3 both get the 8 speed, they will get right up to Colorado/Canyon numbers in mpg, atleast on the highway side. So, unless they have some things in store for those two (obviously the diesel is coming but enhancements for the 2.5 and 3.6...) the full sizers I think will be a threat to the midsize.

Hell, they could put the 8 speed in the Colorado/canyon too. The transmissions are the same size. Imagine the new colorado/canyon with the Diesel and the 8 speed trans.....that would be impressive MPG me thinks.

Those are impressive numbers for such a big motor... Almost no reason to buy a 5.3! IMO

Except that GM is stupid and limits it to LTZ/ SLT trims. Even if I could afford that I'd never want all that fluff.

When I can but a Texas package for 31 OTD with all the stuff I want. Its real hard to spend 10K or better to get the 6.2. Then you factor the 5.3 on E85, and I was in the market for a Denali. With the money I saved I have a real nice toy for the weekend.

Except that GM is stupid and limits it to LTZ/ SLT trims. Even if I could afford that I'd never want all that fluff.

I can understand GM trying to cut costs in some areas and trying to make more money by Not making certain things available with certain trim levels but not making the 6.2 available in midlevel trucks is a terrible idea.

I'm surprised they list the same 15/21 for both 2wd and 4wd... unless I did something wrong. That just seems odd that the 4wd would not have any effect on mpg...

I saw the same thing. The 2014 2wd matches it but the 2014 4wd is down 1 mpg both city/hwy.

Archived