Leveling Kit for 2015 Sierra Denali Magnetic Ride

Gunner99. Did you have any issues installing the kit? Like dash lights because sensors are out of place? Or weird noises driving especially letting off gas at high speed? Etc.?

And crush guy I bought the Denali for a lot more than to have magnaride. I also like to not have my front fender drag on a curb when I pull up to a sidewalk. The 1500 front end is lower than I like, so I want to raise it up. But thank you for your concern with my truck choice.

No problems whatsoever. Had a reputable shop install it. As far as I know it was just the block up. Don't think there were hangers or anything. I'll find out tomorow.

No problems whatsoever. Had a reputable shop install it. As far as I know it was just the block up. Don't think there were hangers or anything. I'll find out tomorow.

Thanks Gunner. I am interested to see if they had to relocate the sensors at all. The RC kit looks like it uses spacers both under and above the shock/spring with a majority of the height coming from under (thus moving the sensor and the shock absorber equal amounts).

I had heard somewhere that leveling the denali can cause the AWD to make some funny noises. But good to know you haven't experienced this at all.

How is the ride compared to stock? Do you have any photos of the truck with the kit installed?

Go big

10292546_10152905188411084_3936221830665

DangerDick your truck looks awesome. A little taller than Id like to go on mine, but damn it looks good man. What size tires are you running? Would look good with the front windows tinted.

Edited by skibum823

^ pic me what those sensor relocators look like. :)

Here's a few photos for you :)

Truck:

Im5Rqrk.jpg

Crossmember

JxDetN7.jpg

Front strut w/ sensor linkage

Sdau03e.jpg

Sensor w/ factory bracket (no adjustment up front because control arm angle doesn't change with lift)

nI0iRUC.jpg

aHh0oy3.jpg

Drop down bracket for rear

0JmKBWN.jpg

ADnDdeT.jpg

qw5gCjv.jpg

So when a coil spacer is added and the sensor is not moved down, the sensor reads that the arm is higher and alters the suspension profile.

n3xXAO7.jpg

The installer said if it's the 2.5" level only it doesn't require the brackets because it's just raising the entire front . Anything higher needs bracket. I didn't know there were even sensors on the front. This year down at have awd either.

Ride is ok. I felt the difference when I leveled it and felt more with the 24" rims on it.

I'll look at it again when I get it back from the dealer after the tranny replacement .

Truck is looking mean Dangerdick. Seems like you know quite a bit about these sensors, Im still struggling a bit. Is the sensor location relative to the shock the only important relationship to maintain? or is the sensor location above the road below also a critical dimension?

"Sensor w/ factory bracket (no adjustment up front because control arm angle doesn't change with lift)"

The way it raises the front adjusts the angles. My lift extends the bottom of the shock, yours doesn't.

Maybe I'm slow but I dont quite understand what youre saying in these two comments.

The red text was from you post with photos. So are you saying the way your lift installed (under the shock), you did not need to relocate the front sensors?

The other comment in the quote box, Gunner said his shop said he did not need to relocate because it lifted entire front. From looking at the RC kit it has a spacer under the shock and a smaller spacer above the spring, so im not sure what was meant by lifting the entire front. Then you say the way it raises front shocks adjusts angles, your lift extends bottom his doesnt. So are you saying he should have had relocation brackets for the sensor or not?

Again sorry if everyone else understood this, maybe Im just slow.

The installer said if it's the 2.5" level only it doesn't require the brackets because it's just raising the entire front . Anything higher needs bracket. I didn't know there were even sensors on the front. This year down at have awd either.
Ride is ok. I felt the difference when I leveled it and felt more with the 24" rims on it.
I'll look at it again when I get it back from the dealer after the tranny replacement .

What happened to the Tranny already? Truck cant be that old.

Front sensors are not relocated, no. I drew these images up to hopefully explain it better.

Here's the stock setup, which remains the same with my lift. In both situations, the upper control arm does not have it's angle changed, as with a full lift the spindles are changed to longer ones and the shocks are extended down.

ljEqIKW.png

Now when you add a spacer above the coil, you cause it to reach lower, pushing the lower control arm down and bringing the front with it, as they're connecte with balljoints at the spindle. This lowering of the upper control arm negatively adjusts the magneride sensor.

Note the blue spacer added into the mix and the altered angles. Now the shocks are being energized, as the truck thinks its bottoming out, all the time.

Oam3oEZ.png

A correct install would lower the sensor location or lengthen the linkage rod to compensate for the altered geometry.

• Like 1

Front sensors are not relocated, no. I drew these images up to hopefully explain it better.

Here's the stock setup, which remains the same with my lift. In both situations, the upper control arm does not have it's angle changed, as with a full lift the spindles are changed to longer ones and the shocks are extended down.

ljEqIKW.png

Now when you add a spacer above the coil, you cause it to reach lower, pushing the lower control arm down and bringing the front with it, as they're connecte with balljoints at the spindle. This lowering of the upper control arm negatively adjusts the magneride sensor.

Note the blue spacer added into the mix and the altered angles. Now the shocks are being energized, as the truck thinks its bottoming out, all the time.

Oam3oEZ.png

A correct install would lower the sensor location or lengthen the linkage rod to compensate for the altered geometry.

Thank you.

This is exactly what I have been looking for. I have not been able to get under my tuck to chase down how the system really works, due to weather and then traveling for work. These sketches do a perfect job explaining how the magnetic ride sensors work on the front suspension. Thanks for taking the time to draw them up.

It looks like Gunners 2.5" RC level kit has 2" blocks for the rear which replace the stock 1" blocks. Looking at how your lift is installed, it looks like Gunners lift would still need 1" drop down brackets fabbed for the sensors.

RC makes a 2" level kit that just has the spacer for under the shock in the front (no spacer above the spring and no rear lift), thus not changing the UCA angle. This kit should work.

Edited by skibum823

Good evening, I am also wondering, the truck shop and dealer, GM stated that there is not a kit yet that would keep the computer from going haywire and constantly trying to readjust the ride. I pick mine up tomorrow, ordered 6.2 with the longer bed. If there is a kit that keeps the sensors from going crazy, I would be interested in picking up. Thanks

RC makes a 2" level kit that just has the spacer for under the shock in the front (no spacer above the spring and no rear lift), thus not changing the UCA angle. This kit should work.

I'm not 100% sure tbh.. If you lengthen the overall distance between the shock tower and the lower control arm, whether it's above the spring or below, and don't lengthen the arm on the spindle to match, you will alter the geometry and therefore the angle readings from the sensor.

I would be leery about doing anything without lengthened spindles or sensor linkage.

• Like 2