Leveling Kit for 2015 Sierra Denali Magnetic Ride

Got home and measured it out. Turns out they went up 2.25" opposed to the 2 I requested.

Wish people would just do what they're asked instead of using what they had. I dislike the Cali lean. It's not too noticeable in my posted pic bc of the slope of the parking lot.

This is my luck. Never right the first time. Anyone know what size blocks will offset the look?

Got home and measured it out. Turns out they went up 2.25" opposed to the 2 I requested.

Wish people would just do what they're asked instead of using what they had. I dislike the Cali lean. It's not too noticeable in my posted pic bc of the slope of the parking lot.

This is my luck. Never right the first time. Anyone know what size blocks will offset the look?

My understanding is the 2.25" is the correct one, ive heard shops state they could put 2 or 2.5" on, several shops all confirmed the 2.25" Now my difference from fender wells is 3.5" as of now, with the 2.25" I will still have a rake. I like the nice even look.

I removed the level kit this morning.

Up for grabs to anyone for $140 shipped.

It just doesn't look right with my 22" wheels.

20's would look better.

post-123573-0-89074000-1428269823_thumb.jpg

Edited by Horacio
  • Like 1

Well, here it is. And not one bit of information I can give you about how they did it. They wouldn't let me in the shop. All I know is that it rides the same as before I brought it in and I have no dash lights on.

Have you tried towing anything since the kit was put on? I have heard that is another issue folks are having after the leveling kit is put on the 2015 models. I just picked up my 6.2L two days ago and one of the reasons it was purchased was for towing a trailer and boat. I had wanted to put on a 2.5" kit, a set of XD 20x9 +18 with 295/55R20's but have been told that can't be done with this suspension. Instead, it looks like I may be stuck with the XDs and a 305/50/20 set. I have a call into my local dealer's service manager to see if this can be done as I don't want to spend the $ on the smaller set and be stuck only to find out someone in Tampa can do what you had done.

I never towed anything once I leveled it out. In fact, I removed it one day later. I didn't know if anything negative will happen when towing. I really don't think it should. I'm also not sure how the mag ride in the rear will react to a load. Maybe someone who knows can chime in. The lift spacer sits on top of the strut, so the shock isn't affected. There is a plate on the lower A-arm that connects the sensor arm. This is shimmed up to compensate for the lift spacer to maintain the same upper sensor lever arm geometry. And by the way, when I measured post-level, the rear end somehow went up 1/4". Call me crazy, but I measured pre and post level twice.

My level kit is for sale for $100 shipped.

Have you tried towing anything since the kit was put on? I have heard that is another issue folks are having after the leveling kit is put on the 2015 models. I just picked up my 6.2L two days ago and one of the reasons it was purchased was for towing a trailer and boat. I had wanted to put on a 2.5" kit, a set of XD 20x9 +18 with 295/55R20's but have been told that can't be done with this suspension. Instead, it looks like I may be stuck with the XDs and a 305/50/20 set. I have a call into my local dealer's service manager to see if this can be done as I don't want to spend the $ on the smaller set and be stuck only to find out someone in Tampa can do what you had done.

You could always install some air bags, or at least I think this is an option....

Oh and if you are wondering on ride quality now, its just like it was the day I bought it. There is also a very slight rake (front lower than back) still since I haven't added the rear block that come with the kit. Those will be added soon and I should have about a 1 3/4" rake. I will update the thread with more pictures when its done. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

This is great news. I have a 2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ with magnetic ride. I just installed a Suspension Max 2.25" leveling kit on the front (1.5" on bottom and .75" on top). My ride is fairly stiff now. In looking at this issue your solution is exactly what I thought needed to be done. I see that with your 2.5" lift you extended the sensor arm by about 1.5". I am surprised that kit manufacturers have not addressed this issue with their own brackets or extended sensor arms... My questions are the following:

1. Do you think the same distance increase should work with my leveling of kit?

2. Most important, is there anything you would tell me about doing this myself. Any surprises or difficulties when you added your bracket/extension? Was it fairly easy to unscrew and then to put on?

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

You could always install some air bags, or at least I think this is an option....

Talked with dealership, tire shop and the dealership in Iowa that an earlier post said had lifted dozens of '15 Denali's. They all said no dice with this suspension. My dealership also said I would be playing with fire on the warranty. In the end, I just decided to put the largest tires on with the factory rake. Put on 20" XD rims with +19 offset and Toyo Open Country II A/T 305/50/20. Also blacked out the chrome door trim, mirrors and swapped out chrome grill for an All Terrian version. Not exactly how I wanted it but turned out pretty good.

post-141820-0-87598800-1429757078_thumb.jpg

post-141820-0-86489000-1429757166_thumb.jpg

post-141820-0-85726400-1429757187_thumb.jpg

Well, it's done. I did it in a day with a buddy. Dangerdick ain't the only one anymore, lol. Please let me know if anyone has any questions about the install process of the kit and I'll be happy to answer them or include pictures. Anywhere else I should post this?

image7_zpsoodk4jcb.jpeg

Well, it's done. I did it in a day with a buddy. Dangerdick ain't the only one anymore, lol. Please let me know if anyone has any questions about the install process of the kit and I'll be happy to answer them or include pictures. Anywhere else I should post this?

Did you have to manipulate the sensors in any way?

Talked with dealership, tire shop and the dealership in Iowa that an earlier post said had lifted dozens of '15 Denali's. They all said no dice with this suspension. My dealership also said I would be playing with fire on the warranty. In the end, I just decided to put the largest tires on with the factory rake. Put on 20" XD rims with +19 offset and Toyo Open Country II A/T 305/50/20. Also blacked out the chrome door trim, mirrors and swapped out chrome grill for an All Terrian version. Not exactly how I wanted it but turned out pretty good.

Check post #86 on page 6. Doesn't look like that would be a terrible task. I think that's what I may try, if and when I ever get my truck.

Did you have to manipulate the sensors in any way?

Check post #86 on page 6. Doesn't look like that would be a terrible task. I think that's what I may try, if and when I ever get my truck.

I did not HAVE to manipulate them at all. However, I did follow what another member here did after a leveling kit by building a little "riser" for the MRC arm on the upper control arms just to soften the front a bit.

I did not HAVE to manipulate them at all. However, I did follow what another member here did after a leveling kit by building a little "riser" for the MRC arm on the upper control arms just to soften the front a bit.

Excellent, thanks! I'm thinking I will go the route of the "riser" as well. That actually looks like a pretty simple fix.