Leveling Kit for 2015 Sierra Denali Magnetic Ride

I had my local dealer do a shock relearn and the ride is close to factory. I put a 2.5 Traxda level kit on the front and nothing on the rear. He told me that it re zeros out the sensors at the new shock height. It cost me 89 bucks to get this done.

Edited by insuranceman

Miccontreras how is that leveling kit holding up? I just ordered the adjustable kit for mag ride and I'm really hoping it does the trick. What are you running for tires size wise?

So far, the kit is holding up great. Pretty simple given it is the metal spacer (1.5" under the lower shock mount) and I used 2 of the .25" spacers on top for a 2" lift). Ride is same as before I lifted and I love the look. I first took it to NTB and they couldn't get it aligned. They simply didn't know what they were doing. Went to my local 4WD place and used their alignment shop and he said he was a piece of cake. I've only had it on for 2-3 weeks at this point, but couldn't be happier.

I don't do a lot of off roading other than my 1/3 mile gravel drive up a hill, but it handles all the bumps and stuff just like it did before I put on the level.

It would take more than the 2" to level my Denali, but I tow so I wanted to leave a bit of rake and I didn't want to go over 2" with the leveling kit.

Right now, I have the stock 275 55 20s on the truck. It looks OK, but not great. I have a set of cooper A/T3s for it in 275 60 20, but I haven't had time to get them installed yet. I thought about going with a 295 or 205 55 series, but the additional cost of those tires just wasn't worth it for me. I got a great deal on the Coopers from Discount Tire Direct using their price match. After rebate, they were $630 delivered. I think it will look a lot better jumping up to the 60 series.

Mike

• Like 1

I have a 15 Denali with magnetic ride and my dealership put a Ready Lift 2 1/4" level/lift on the front and it hasn't F'd anything up.. No dash lights on ect... My truck has 22" BMF rims w/Nitto Terra Grappler tires. It rides like I would expect it to with oversized rims and a low profile tire but it doesn't appear to have changed or hurt anything else in regards to the magnetic ride. I love the look of its stance now and if I had to buy it the way it sat at the dealership when I saw it, I wouldn't own it now.. I really didn't like the front down slope appearance. Overall I'm very pleased with the outcome.

~K.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a 2 inch block under mine.

Math says downward movement of connection point to control arm is 1 inch x 1.5/5 = 0.3 inches

Leaving room for fudge factors, your control rod should be 3/16-3/8 longer. Or the connected point extended that far up by bracket.

1 inch because lift block is 1 inch thick

5 inch because lift block is half way and control arm is 10 inches

1.5 inches because sensor connector point is at 1.5-2 inches from frame.

Unfortunately I arrived at the above length through trial and error instead of calculation.

I started with 1" longer rod. Ride was smooth at slow speeds, but sloppy on corners and jittery at speed.

I slowly lowered the length to 7/8 then 3/4 inches longer. Ride did not change significantly. No errors either. Just jittery at speed.

I went back to stock length and ride was not terrible. Pretty good at speed but harsh around town.

So now I'm looking at 3/16 - 3/8 inches longer than stock.

3/8 was still a little jittery. So I'm trying 3/16.

Cliff notes: stock rods will work. Maybe a little longer needed but nowhere near 1".

Edited by jblanks

I have a 15 Denali with magnetic ride and my dealership put a Ready Lift 2 1/4" level/lift on the front and it hasn't F'd anything up.. No dash lights on ect... My truck has 22" BMF rims w/Nitto Terra Grappler tires. It rides like I would expect it to with oversized rims and a low profile tire but it doesn't appear to have changed or hurt anything else in regards to the magnetic ride. I love the look of its stance now and if I had to buy it the way it sat at the dealership when I saw it, I wouldn't own it now.. I really didn't like the front down slope appearance. Overall I'm very pleased with the outcome.

~K.

.... Any pics, I have a 2015 Denali. I want to get a level look, don't like the downward front end look

Sent from my SG Note 4 on Tapatalk

Well, here it is. And not one bit of information I can give you about how they did it. They wouldn't let me in the shop. All I know is that it rides the same as before I brought it in and I have no dash lights on.

Lol....

Sent from my SG Note 4 on Tapatalk

Ok so I had a bit of a rough ride on my Denali and I ordered the linkage from FTS and now I'm riding smooth as stock again. I'll post the pictures tomorrow. Very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What level kit do you have installed? I dont see the linkage on their site, did you email them to purchase? Thanks

What level kit do you have installed? I dont see the linkage on their site, did you email them to purchase? Thanks

I actually called them and asked. They knew exactly what I was talking about. It cost $65 and had it 2 days later. Took 1 hour of installing. I'll upload some pics in a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk