Very Nervous

Well as the title says I'm very nervous... I was all excited about pick up my 2015 Chevy 1500 high country w/ 6.2 n 8spd tranny but after spending some time on this forum I am getting less and less excited due to all the issues people are having. I'm coming from a 2014 ram 1500 limited cc 5.7 w/ 8 spd and before that I had a 2013 ram 1500 longhorn 5.7 w/ 6 spd. I mean off the bat I noticed a couple things about the Chevy that I am gonna miss that the ram had but then again a number of things that the Chevy has that the ram doesn't. In searching for this new truck my first priority was comfort for me the driver. At 6'8 n 320lbs I'm a big guy and with the rams I never felt they fit right between headroom and knee so I went and looked at the 2015 f150 king ranch and what a let down... What once was the most legroom out of the bunch they put a hump right where your left foot goes that causes it to fit very tight. I'm really let down by the ford so I was going to get a 2014 150 but the numbers weren't what I thought they where for a left over vehicle which put me at a Chevy dealer. Boy was I impressed looks legroom comfort everything seems great on the truck. I guess only time will tell. Of course when u get the truck I'll post pics for you guys! I'm looking forward to be apart of this forum.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the family. Be excited, the warranty will cover it if anything is wrong but remember we come to the forums with issues and guidance rather than to say how great something is. So you see a lot more issues than there really is on a higher level. It'll be OK... Be excited and enjoy your truck when you get it. You are right, the space and interior is the best of them all. Welcome aboard

You have to remember that you can't go by a forum on how many are having problems. Of course there's more K2s that are having problems, but it's still well below 1%. There were 3/4 million sold last year and I doubt all of them are on this forum.

You have to remember that you can't go by a forum on how many are having problems. Of course there's more K2s that are having problems, but it's still well below 1%. There were 3/4 million sold last year and I doubt all of them are on this forum.

^ This. Most people complain on a forum or ask about problems. Take it all with a grain of salt. At least you know what to look out for.

Enjoy your truck and post up some pics.

I agree with the above posters, most people come to forums to gripe. Now that being said, I have been reviewing the R@m and F#*d forums and have to admit, I have NOT seen the number of complaints that I have seen on the GM truck forums. I have no idea why that is, just making an observation.

I love my Silverado but knowing what I know now, I probably would have still gotten my Chevy. I would have just bought a tuner before a tonneau cover :)

You've got a warrant to cover everything, so don't worry about that. It also looks like you buy a new truck every year, so as long as it makes it 365 days, you're good to go!

Welcome to the forum! Post some pics of your truck!

I agree with the above posters, most people come to forums to gripe. Now that being said, I have been reviewing the R@m and F#*d forums and have to admit, I have NOT seen the number of complaints that I have seen on the GM truck forums. I have no idea why that is, just making an observation.

I love my Silverado but knowing what I know now, I probably would have still gotten my Chevy. I would have just bought a tuner before a tonneau cover :)

Just out of curiosity, do you know how many members are on those forums in comparison to our's? I wonder if that sways the numbers any.

Just out of curiosity, do you know how many members are on those forums in comparison to our's? I wonder if that sways the numbers any.

I used to be on an F150 forum and there were quite a few members on there. Plenty of people griping about stuff too.

Maybe the demographic of GM truck buyers is more computer literate compared to Ram or F150. lol

To OP. Dont worry about the issues. Judging from your recent truck history. You can always swap for a 2016, if you end up having issues with your 2015. lol

This is becoming a weekly occurance; new members with the "Chicken Little" mentality.

You're already painting a picture of negativity in your mind.

People on this site whine and complain about the the dumbest things. Some legit, most is BS.

My 14 is perfect. My best friends 14 is perfect. My Pastors 14 is perfect. 2-3 other people I know, their 14's are perfect too. All, which are over a year old, and zero problems.

R@m certianly had less from what I saw, but the F!#d one had what appeared to be somewhat similar at least in terms of threads and activity.

Perhaps we are more computer literate....

There's a 40 page complaint thread on F150Forum regarding the 2015s. Various complaints include, but are not limited to: paint issues, panel fitment issues, excessive road noise caused by poor panel fitment, underbody rust, interior rattles, tailgate not opening and poor sounding stereo.

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/official-2015-complaint-thread-283284/index28/

These guys all have good points about the percentage of people on this forum that complain. Of course, the forum is designed for people to get together and discuss the good issues, as well as the problems that they're having with their new trucks. It's just human nature that the bad is talked about more than the good. I think I counted (6) new Chevrolet trucks that I have purchased since the year 2000. Some of my earlier trucks had major issues, but I still loved them, My last three hadn't had a single major issue, and I think I've only taken one of the last three to the dealer for one very minor problem.

My 2014 is by far the quietest and best riding truck that I've purchased. Every day that I hop in it, though, I'm reminded of how poorly the transmission has been programmed. I enjoy driving, and the truck sucks the enjoyment right out of it every single time. As you can see from the other posts on this site, there are many other buyers that feel the same way. Just because someone feels their truck is fine doesn't mean that there aren't issues with other trucks. At my place of employment there are now three 2014/2015 Silverados. None of these owners are experiencing the vibrations that have been noted, but all three have a horrible opinion of the transmission programming. One of the three has already purchased a programmer, and he now loves the way his drives. It's a shame that we have to go that route just to enjoy our trucks. GM is supposedly working on an update for the 6 speed, but time will tell as to whether that will come to fruition.

The bottom line is take your new truck for an extended test drive at many different speeds and conditions. If you like the way it drives, then buy it. Would I buy mine again knowing that the transmission doesn't get better with mileage (almost 11,000 miles and no change)? I probably would not, because that's how much I enjoy the driving experience. Would I buy another brand? I doubt it. If I was smart I would have kept my 2011 that I loved, and waited for GM to offer a solution to their transmission issues before buying new.

Good luck

Archived