Oil Pump failure

Subscribed. I haven't heard of many pump failures. Trust me, if it was a wide spread issue, we would see more than a handful on the site. I think it's an isolated failure in your case. I'm sorry to hear. Keep us updated

Edited by 20Bowtie14

Is anyone else having issues with their oil pump failing, my oil pump recently failed on my 2014 Denali with a 6.2l

Did the O-ring seal fail? This is an issue on the 900s and model before.

From What I was told by the service tech was they weren't allowed to investigate the problem with my oil pump, GM Canada wanted them to ship it to them without even looking at the reason for failure. The invoice says that the pump was internally damaged. It also states that they had numerous cases of failed oil pumps. I was also informed that there was moisture in the oil.

• 9 months later...

I have a 2014 w/ 5.3L with 35,000 mi & when getting off the highway driving into work last week I got a low oil pressure shut down immediately message. It has been at the dealer and all they have to,d me is that the oil pump has failed, they replaced it, some valves and other parts, flushed the engine and I am getting it back today. Anyone with this problem have any updates?

• 1 year later...

Anyone on here get this resolved?

I took mine in last week, 2014 5.3 with 73,XXX miles. Had a light come on and they said it was a couple other things and then ended up finding out it was in fact the oil pump. They dropped the pan today and found shavings. GM has approve to tear into the motor; I was told that they will be rebuilding the motor and possibly getting a new block. Just got the news today so we will see what they find. Seems like they are working with me

• Like 1

Any tell tale signs of vacuum pump failure or is it just no signs and just sudden failure .

Mine had no signs, even after the light came on. I honestly took it in thinking it would just be a faulty sensor