Intellilink, Nav, Radio Controls slow to respond

So I have had my truckicon1.png for just over 2 weeks now (2015.5 2500 HD Denali w/ Duramax) and love it for the most part. That said, I find the Intellilink system a little lacking. It seems cumbersome to navigate from one screen to the next and so forth, in fact, the system in my wife's 2011 Tahoe seems much more intuitive and easy to use. Maybe its just me.

What isnt just me however, is the response time of commands given to the system. A few examples:

1. If I press the steering wheel control to go to the next song or back up a few songs, there is a roughly 6-7 second delay before anything happens
  2. The navigation system seems to take a long time to get a signal on startup
  3. When pressing 'rear media' to toggle through the available inputs there is a 5 or so second delay from the time the button is pressed until the next input selection is shown (this is for the RSE system)
  4. If going to the home page to access a different screen that the one being used there is again a significant pause before the system repsonds to your input request.

Overall, the entire system just seems sluggish. One thought I had was it may be due to my phone, I have several thousand contacts in my phone and if each time I start the vehicleicon1.png the system sifts through all my contacts could that be what is slowing the system down for a while after initial startup?

Anyone else having a similar experience?

I used the search function in this forum and Googled the problem as there are obviously other GMC vehiclesicon1.png that use this system and to my surprise, this doesnt seem like a common complaint.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Mine was doing this yesterday (14 Denali 1500), just flipping through the display controls switching between SAE and metric, etc. I'd hit a command using the steering wheel buttons and it would take several seconds for the new selection to actually process. Example, I'd check my 'best fuel economy' and when switching between different lengths (50km, 100km, 650km) it would take several seconds after selecting the new one for it to change on the display.

Check with your dealer to see if the recent software update applies to your head unit. From what I understand, it's a fairly significant update and addresses a whole host of complaints about the IntelliLink and MyLink systems. It applies to me in my 2015 Sierra 1500, and to a friend's '14 Silverado 1500. His just went in, and mine will be going in a couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any luck with this?

My truck was built in February of this year so I assumed it had the latest software. The only TSB info I was able to find referenced an "Audio Soft Version" older than the one I have already so I figured that didnt apply.

Thoughts?

Anyone have any luck with this?

My truck was built in February of this year so I assumed it had the latest software. The only TSB info I was able to find referenced an "Audio Soft Version" older than the one I have already so I figured that didnt apply.

Thoughts?

The updates are specifically for trucks that were built well before yours. The update that I got installed software that was built in Septmber, likely put through some sort of vetting process, then made standard in December-ish of last year for new units. It's the most current software the dealer had access to.

• 6 months later...

Truck is a 2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ built after august 16, and I am disappointed in the performance of the in-dash infotainment center. USB connected iPod Touch very slow to respond to track changes via steering wheel controls. Also to do anything with NAV is painfully slow, the system lags 3-15 seconds behind button presses depending on what you want to do. I do hope GM sees that this is a broad issue and will try to issue some type of patch to mitigate the issues. I fear however that the hardware they've elected to use in the 15's might be the issue i.e. lacking in sufficient memory or even a very slow single core processor or even a DSP which wasn't up to the tasks it is being asked to do in such a connected and networked vehicle.

Using original Apple cables etc... just don't understand why this unit is sooooooooooooooooooooooo sluggish.

VERRRRRRRRRRRY disappointed.

Again, like I have read so many times here and elsewhere before, the next year's tech is improved drastically and the previous year will be left as-is, to rot, because that's just the way it is. Anyone install a '16 screen in their '15 and have it work better??? Anyone had any updates done in the last few days/weeks that has seemed to improve nav or music browsing performance?????

Used to have a Pioneer Z140BH in my '13 but traded up for this truck. I did uninstall it from the '13 but I wouldn't think of installing it in here, don't even know if I could because of how much the truck depends on this factory unit.

God Damn 47.

I just bought a new 2015 Chevy HD DuraMax LTZ build date is sometime in Sept 2015 and am coming from a 2014 Chevy 1/2 ton. Now the new system on the 2015 is tons faster then my 2014 I had. On the old one there was a delay when you changed stations but on the new one all I do is press the button once and it's changed. Night and Day difference between the two trucks.

For you, what an improvement! For me, sort of a downgrade.

I know the steering wheel controls (SWC) in my 2500HD 2013 lagged but thought it was due to an adapter to allow the SWC to control an aftermarket Pioneer NAV unit. This truck seems like its the same. Sure it controls better when you press the dash buttons << or >> to change tracks from a USB connected iPod but the whole experience while possessing nice features seems lacking in processing power. the NAV is slow to sense button presses (prob. a touch screen or dry fingers issue) but menu navigation sometimes lags too. Don't know, but hopefully the engineers can optimize the software and the interface further to allow for a nicer smoother quicker experience.

Just a tip - if you have a certain level OnStar package, you should be able to use your mobile app to find a POI or even just an address and have the app send the destination right to your in-dash NAV. 3-10 seconds after you send from your phone it shows up on the screen as a destination and just press the "go" or "navigate" button I don't remember what it says.... Bypass the sluggish interface altogether!!!!

• 1 month later...

Well, I am still having the same issues with my Intellilink system. My wife's 2011 Tahoe is infinitely fast to respond to inputs than this thing. Its driving me nuts, I love this truck but the in-dash Intellilink system is horrible and almost has me regretting buying a GMC.

Now I have a new problem, when my phone is connected via Bluetooth, every time I make or receive a call, when the call ends, instead of the system going back to what was on before (i.e. AM, FM, XM, iPod, etc...) it switches to Bluetooth media so I have to manually change back to what I was listening to every time.

This is just basic stuff that you would like with today's computing power a company like GM could get right.

Archived