New GMC Owner with software question

New to GM lineup... Coming from another brand (Ford with Sync) I was used to receiving semi-regular updates for the software... Does GM put out updates for Intellink? If they do is this something that only dealers can update? I looked on the GM owners sight and couldn't find any info.

Thanks

Over-the-Air Software Updates

If equipped, the infotainment system can download and install software updates over a wireless connection. The system will prompt high priority updates to be downloaded and installed, while others can be manually accessed. To manually check for updates, touch Settings on the Home Screen, followed by Software Information, and then System Update. Follow the on-screen prompts. Steps for downloading and installing updates may vary by vehicle.

Downloading Over-the-Air software updates requires Internet connectivity, which can be accessed through the vehicle’s OnStar Wi-Fi hotspot, if equipped. Optionally, a secured Wi-Fi hotspot such as a mobile device hotspot, a home hotspot, or a public hotspot can be used. To connect the infotainment system to a secured mobile device hotspot, home hotspot, or public hotspot, touch Settings on the Home Screen, followed by Wi-Fi, and then Manage Wi-Fi Networks. Select the appropriate Wi-Fi network, and follow the on-screen prompts.  Download speeds may vary. On most mobile devices, activation of the Wi-Fi hotspot is in the Settings menu under Mobile Network Sharing, Personal Hotspot, Mobile Hotspot, or similar.

Availability of Over-the-Air software updates varies by vehicle and country. For more information on this feature, see my.gmc.com/learn.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
9 hours ago, thomas henson said:

I just got a 2014 sierra but it must not have wifi because there is no option to check for updates. I guess I have to head to a dealer?

If it's not in the settings on the infotainment screen under the "Vehicle" options, you don't have it.
Which RPO code is on your glove box list - IO4, IO5, or IO6?