Front Body work Loose Between Bumper and front Grill

Hope this isn't a repeat.. I did search but couldn't find anything... Had my Truck Since February this year and washed by hand for the first time the other day... I noticed the Body piece between the bumper and front Grill is loose... Anyone else notice this, if so, how do you tighten'er up... I am not sure what the piece is called but in the picture below, it's the maroon Piece above the Chrome bumper and below the Headlights and Chrome Grill...

Thanks,

Mcarlo24

post-140277-0-76865100-1432042572_thumb.jpg

Yeah mine is very flimsy. There isn't really much that can be done with it from what I can tell. I'm pretty sure it's more of a "trim" piece to cover hardware and isn't really part of the bumper assembly.

Yeah mine is very flimsy as well , the hood also flexes while driving.. First Chevy truck might be the biggest mistake of my life.

Thanks all for your responses on it being just a trim piece... That makes me feel a bit better until I have to replace it one day...

Sincerely,

Dan

FYI, it's called a bumper cap.

How loose is it? The cap is held in place using screws at the ends and the rest is clips. There is a possibility that a few clips are not properly in place. If the truck is under warranty, take it to a dealer and see if they could help with seating it properly.

Thanks all for your responses on it being just a trim piece... That makes me feel a bit better until I have to replace it one day...

Sincerely,

Dan

I doubt you'd ever have to replace it.

Yeah mine is very flimsy as well , the hood also flexes while driving.. First Chevy truck might be the biggest mistake of my life.

it's non-structural light-weight aluminum.....what do you expect?

You're eyes should be on the road and not the hood when driving.

it's non-structural light-weight aluminum.....what do you expect?

You're eyes should be on the road and not the hood when driving.

Well when it's flapping while driving down the road and you don't notice it you need to get glasses or get off the road. It's magnetic by the way so very seriously doubt it's aluminum..

Well when it's flapping while driving down the road and you don't notice it you need to get glasses or get off the road. It's magnetic by the way so very seriously doubt it's aluminum..

The hood is aluminum. It may have some steel parts in there that are magnetic but the hood is pretty much all aluminum. If it's flapping that bad, it may just be the stoppers that the hood rests on need adjusting. I can see mine shake a little but very slightly and not very often...only major bumps in the road cause it to do anything.

If its truly "flapping" in the wind, then it needs some adjusting.

I can see my hood flex a little over bumps, that's about it.

The hood is probably not 100% aluminum sure, but the vast majority of the makeup is.

I don't see my hood flutters or "flaps" in the wind at any speed and I have seen the speed limiter. I just tested it, the hood "skin" is not magnetic.

Archived