thinking of selling my Supercharged 6.2 for upgrade to Denali

4300 off msrp is NOT the dealer cost i don't care what they tell you. MSRP for my denali was 56500 and i paid 52k out the door.

you obviously have more money than you know what to do with :)

Sounds like you should buy a 2500 long wheel base crew cab, and have someone pay for your gas also.

i did not say i was done negotiating yet! i plan to wait till the truck is on the lot with me sitting there ready to purchase before i finish negotiations. i am simply saying that to special order a truck for 4300 off i felt was generous. ive not agreed to anything and told them if it is in such high demand, lets build one and when it arrives i am under no obligation to buy, they agreed..

I assume the truck is a 4WD.

yes it is

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well there are some reasons..

"but all the guys complain about how cramped they are in my D cab so i end up driving myself and paying for all the gas while the other 3 guys split fuel with the silverado crew cab owner."

Maybe I misunderstood this statement but it sounds like you are complaining about having to pay for gas and using that as a reason to justify trading in your truck, but stating before that that loosing 20k on a trade in isn't that big of a deal because you make really good money?

Personally, I would take off the SC and return truck to stock then trade for Denali and put the SC on the Denali.

i guess i should clarify, it 4 guys go it makes absolutely no damn good sense to take 2 trucks and have me drive solo. i live 60 miles farther away from the destination then the rest of them. normally i go to the guys house and we pick up the other 2 guys in his truck because nobody wants to ride in the back of mine.

same scenario when we take 6 people, we could go 3 and 3 but then i end up the last guy anyone wants to ride with so they go 4 and 2 in my truck.

i told the dealer i would take the SC off and my wheels and everything but then i have to sell it ect. i prefer easy transitions. i may take my bed cover and my recently installed airbags though. and i think i may keep the wheels as they will fet the new truck. depends on what i get for it.

it's nothing to do with gas really. its more about logistics, the MAIN reason i got the truck was for biking and taking my friends with me. if i end up driving 60 miles and going in a different truck whats the point? but i still have a camper to tow. so i need a truck that allows both.

also i kinda wish i had the cooled seats and mag ride suspension, the 8 speed and a sunroof

are the features i want worth it? no but the other reasons combined are.

so i was at the dealer the other day and we discussed the possibility of upgrading my 2014 double cab all terrain to the denali.

dealer is willing to build me a 6.2 denali and give it to me at their cost. with all incentives and rebates it amounts to a 4300.00 discount off MSRP.

i have a few questions for the 2015 owners

does the Denali also come standard with the mag ride suspension?

how do you 8 speed owners like the 8 speed? i heard lots of complaints. have they been resolved?

also with the 4g LTE wifi can you listen to pandora without plugging your phone in?

also if anyone is interested in a mint condition 2014 with the first ever edelbrock SC on a 6.2 Installed by edelbrock with the remainder of a 3 year 36k mile drivetrain warranty send me a message..

asking 40k since that is what I owe. (sticker was 50k) the dealer offered me 35k and considering i have a blower that would cost close to 9 grand professionally installed, and all the other tidbits I've done i think it's a bargain.

also considering how rare the 6.2 is.

the truck made an estimated 624hp at the crank, wheel HP was measured to be 528 truck has approximately 22k miles on it black with black interior

mods are retrofitted HID projectors

blacked out chrome molding, replaced all door handles and mirror caps with painted black parts.

have not decided if i am keeping the black chrome wheels or not (depends on selling price)

tinted windows

clear bra installed on entire front end including bumper and grille surround, hood and fenders

GM Black tube side steps

GM splash guards

tinted tail lights

dual black chrome exhaust

brand new snow tires on factory 18" rims (i don't think ill use these on the denali)

Pop n Loc electric tail gate lock (locks with doors)

the truck has every option as a Denali except cooled seats and driver alert package

ed787b6a0ca645c9f053105133b37320.jpg

Bass!!! Sweet Jesus man?!? You totally have the deam ride right now! "truck made an estimated 624hp at the crank, wheel HP was measured to be 528 truck"... no offense to you but if your not happy with that, you may never be. Theres nothing another truck is going to offer you or gain you, over what you already have. I would love to have a 6.2 and supercharged!! I realize your issue with the double cab and all tho.

Bass!!! Sweet Jesus man?!? You totally have the deam ride right now! "truck made an estimated 624hp at the crank, wheel HP was measured to be 528 truck"... no offense to you but if your not happy with that, you may never be. Theres nothing another truck is going to offer you or gain you, over what you already have. I would love to have a 6.2 and supercharged!! I realize your issue with the double cab and all tho.

well make me an offer! lol

Oh I would, except I've already got a 14 silverado and I'm pretty happy with it. But id love add more power to it. A supercharger would be like a dream come true but I don't want to spend that kind of money. If memory serves, you got that installed cuz you were made a offer to be a guinea pig for there charger mated to a 6.2.

Since when does Cadillac make a CTS-V with twin turbos? And you removed the supercharger and added twin turbos and are only making 500hp your tuner should be shot lol.

Edit: post pictures of your CTS-V! Such awesome cars. Local guy here in Tuscaloosa has one with about 700rwhp.

Send me a PM on what you want for the supercharger. Also, what supporting mods do you have? Your 6XXhp at crank is fantastic for our trucks!

Since when does Cadillac make a CTS-V with twin turbos? And you removed the supercharger and added twin turbos and are only making 500hp your tuner should be shot lol.

He has a Vsport, which is not a cts v. It is a turbo v6 and he put a blower on his truck. He didn't remove anything

He has a Vsport, which is not a cts v. It is a turbo v6 and he put a blower on his truck. He didn't remove anything

Ah gottcha. I was reading it as he purchased a CTS-V and twin turbo'd it for some reason lol. Still want to see his CTS TT Sport setup. I can't wait to see what guys do with these new ATS-V series once they are released.

Ah gottcha. I was reading it as he purchased a CTS-V and twin turbo'd it for some reason lol. Still want to see his CTS TT Sport setup. I can't wait to see what guys do with these new ATS-V series once they are released.

Go to www.cadillac.com there is a wealth of info. Yes mine is a V SPORT and caddy is about to release a ATS-V not a sport but it also has a revised twin turbo making around 445 hp

Then go to www.wot-tuning.com I have the trifecta tune that adds about 90 WHP and that puts me in the 500+ to the crank which is freaking amazing from a 3.6l v6

And the caddy had almost no turbo lag at all. I also still get about 31 highway mpg!

Additionally trifecta has a supercharger for the new colorado and canyon. It's on the website but the truck made almost 400 WHP and cut 2 secs off the 1/4 mile which puts it real close performance wise with a 6..2 Sierra.

What's more, think about how many fm vehicles use the same 3.6l engine shared with the colorado.

In theory, you could start seeing supercharged v6 camaro, GMC Terrain, Acadia, Buick Enclave, Buick cars, Cadillac SRX the list is endless!

Cadillac also has an xts v sport

Dude if your a car guy, you really need to stay current on all the latest and greatest! Lol all the info is right online

I don't have any under hood shots but my V SPORT is the same body style as the new 2016 CTS-V that has the engine from the stingray z06 it just does not have the aggressive look with the hood scoop and aero stuff

That car is 650 hp and other than the edelbrock sc that I have is essentially the same thing that I have now created in my truck. It's just a 6.2 gen 5 engine found in the stingray with the blower. Ala z06!

They both make nearly the same hp but I suspect the z06 has a little lower compression to make that power but I cannot confirm that detail.

What I can tell you is that other guys with a similar setup as me run 13 secs in the 1/4 mile in their sierras.

There is another guy online that has the same setup as My caddy with the tune and some aftermarket exhaust recently ran a 11.97 sec 1/4 with his v sport. That makes it on par with my 6th gen z06 which I sold.

What I like about my V sport is that is has nearly everything the stingray has except the v8 engine. I have mag ride suspension 4 different drive modes, full color head up display, a reconfigurable gauge cluster, brembo brakes, electronically controlled differential 8 speed trans, paddle shifters with rev match. Loads of interior carbon fiber trim!.

On the new cts-v and ats-v you can also get the data recorder and video camera.

It's like the corvette and caddy all rolled into 1 car!

Top speed on my caddy is 170mph!

Only bad thing about caddy is their resale value is about as bad as it gets I think a lot to f people haven't really caught on, like you they don't know that caddy is trying to attract younger buyers. When people think of sport luxury sedans they think BMW Audi Benz not caddy but that is slowly changing. Fortunately I got my v sport for 18,000 off sticker! Let me tell you when you have a chance to buy any car that cheap you don't hesitate! My car driven off the lot was worth about 2k more than I paid as a USED car. So let it be known this may well be the first vehicle that I might actually trade in for more than I owe in the next 3 years. I think my next replacement may be the CTS-v but there are a lot of things to consider once released.

But I do like the look of the recaro seats in it. And a few other goodies but I have to say that the v sport is by far one of the most feature packed, performance oriented, luxury sedans I've ever owned (not leasing this one)

Her s a few pics I had on my phone handy

3822449ee0c387baa7b611eaa55aaca5.jpg

6417c9f30c2454d34be7f97fcf8c7f91.jpg

afdc174d71516ed23f03dedb51ca9cfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to www.cadillac.com there is a wealth of info. Yes mine is a V SPORT and caddy is about to release a ATS-V not a sport but it also has a revised twin turbo making around 445 hp

Then go to www.wot-tuning.com I have the trifecta tune that adds about 90 WHP and that puts me in the 500+ to the crank which is freaking amazing from a 3.6l v6

And the caddy had almost no turbo lag at all. I also still get about 31 highway mpg!

Additionally trifecta has a supercharger for the new colorado and canyon. It's on the website but the truck made almost 400 WHP and cut 2 secs off the 1/4 mile which puts it real close performance wise with a 6..2 Sierra.

What's more, think about how many fm vehicles use the same 3.6l engine shared with the colorado.

In theory, you could start seeing supercharged v6 camaro, GMC Terrain, Acadia, Buick Enclave, Buick cars, Cadillac SRX the list is endless!

Cadillac also has an xts v sport

Dude if your a car guy, you really need to stay current on all the latest and greatest! Lol all the info is right online

I don't have any under hood shots but my V SPORT is the same body style as the new 2016 CTS-V that has the engine from the stingray z06 it just does not have the aggressive look with the hood scoop and aero stuff

That car is 650 hp and other than the edelbrock sc that I have is essentially the same thing that I have now created in my truck. It's just a 6.2 gen 5 engine found in the stingray with the blower. Ala z06!

They both make nearly the same hp but I suspect the z06 has a little lower compression to make that power but I cannot confirm that detail.

What I can tell you is that other guys with a similar setup as me run 13 secs in the 1/4 mile in their sierras.

There is another guy online that has the same setup as My caddy with the tune and some aftermarket exhaust recently ran a 11.97 sec 1/4 with his v sport. That makes it on par with my 6th gen z06 which I sold.

What I like about my V sport is that is has nearly everything the stingray has except the v8 engine. I have mag ride suspension 4 different drive modes, full color head up display, a reconfigurable gauge cluster, brembo brakes, electronically controlled differential 8 speed trans, paddle shifters with rev match. Loads of interior carbon fiber trim!.

On the new cts-v and ats-v you can also get the data recorder and video camera.

It's like the corvette and caddy all rolled into 1 car!

Top speed on my caddy is 170mph!

Only bad thing about caddy is their resale value is about as bad as it gets I think a lot to f people haven't really caught on, like you they don't know that caddy is trying to attract younger buyers. When people think of sport luxury sedans they think BMW Audi Benz not caddy but that is slowly changing. Fortunately I got my v sport for 18,000 off sticker! Let me tell you when you have a chance to buy any car that cheap you don't hesitate! My car driven off the lot was worth about 2k more than I paid as a USED car. So let it be known this may well be the first vehicle that I might actually trade in for more than I owe in the next 3 years. I think my next replacement may be the CTS-v but there are a lot of things to consider once released.

But I do like the look of the recaro seats in it. And a few other goodies but I have to say that the v sport is by far one of the most feature packed, performance oriented, luxury sedans I've ever owned (not leasing this one)

Her s a few pics I had on my phone handy

3822449ee0c387baa7b611eaa55aaca5.jpg

6417c9f30c2454d34be7f97fcf8c7f91.jpg

afdc174d71516ed23f03dedb51ca9cfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been paying attention to the big releases like the V-Series and what not. Just hadn't heard or seen anything about guys tuning these 3.6 TT yet. This new muscle car era we are in is insane. Recently a Ford executive was answering some questions about the 2017 GT500 for CNN. One of the comments made from CNN was about the Hellcats 707 hp and he responded with it "Yeah it'll be well over that number!". But shit man $18k off sticker on that ATS is great. What kind of MPG do you get in that thing? Makes me wonder if I should try and hunt down a deal on one somewhere in the next year or so.

I think if I didn't have to use my truck in the city, I'd have a 2500, CC, 8ft bed, maybe a Duramax. A weekend only truck doesn't need to be compact. More room is the way to go for a truck used like you are proposing. But jeeze, I don't think I'd do black. Too much work, too hot for where I live/go.

I've been paying attention to the big releases like the V-Series and what not. Just hadn't heard or seen anything about guys tuning these 3.6 TT yet. This new muscle car era we are in is insane. Recently a Ford executive was answering some questions about the 2017 GT500 for CNN. One of the comments made from CNN was about the Hellcats 707 hp and he responded with it "Yeah it'll be well over that number!". But shit man $18k off sticker on that ATS is great. What kind of MPG do you get in that thing? Makes me wonder if I should try and hunt down a deal on one somewhere in the next year or so.

i got 18k off sticker on a CTS not ATS my car was stickers at 70,070 and i paid 52k and change

there were 11,000 in rebates and incentives and another 7k discount that included the dealer holdback and their invoice.

i got such a good deal because the car had been on the lot for a year! RWD 400+ hp Cadillacs don't sell too good in colorado where it snows and most people buy 4x4 or AWD SUV.

additionally the car had been hailed on pretty bad last summer but it got repaired with paintless dent repair. i threw another 400 bucks post sale with a top notch PDR guy to get the car looking 99% perfect but it is all factory original paint and even closeup you could not tell it had ever been damaged.

additionally the car had 930 miles on it when i took delivery! but hey it's a 2014! and technically a year old when i bought it and had i got it the day it arrived the same car in my possession would have had 10k on it so when i sell it on it will still be a very low mile car.

i made 2 previous trips to this dealer over the year when i first knew of it's existence and 1 other time after the hail storm. they were offering a sale price at that time of 62k AS IS! as an insurance guy i knew i could probably get it fixed for a couple grand but taking delivery on a car in that bad of shape and not knowing how good it might be repaired made me uneasy.

4 months later the dealer got bought by John Elway it was previously don massy cadillac and they are part of sonic automotive group. they are headquartered i think in GA or someplace. the long and short of it was that under Sonic the dealership has to send any price approvals for trade in or selling vehicles through corporate. and as such were very limited in what they were allowed to do.

under John Elway they had a lot more freedom and were told to do whatever it takes to move the cars and in particular any hail damaged units. when John bought the dealership i was told that he did not want to buy the cars damaged in the storm repaired or not. but i guess a deal was worked out and i happened to call a 3rd time to inquire. i was assured they would be giving deep discounts if i was still interested. i asked " how deep" my sales guy said probably better then 10 grand! so i thought well its an hour away and i already liked the car but i did not think i was getting the CTS V sport at this point i was going to just test drive a CTS because i desperately wanted to get out of my 2014 Lexus IS 350 RWD F sport as it turned out to be a major disappointment in the performance department for me. (among other pet peeves)

when i got there i didn't even talk about any other car because before i got started they pointed out the fact the V sport was still on the lot (i had been told previously that that car was going to be auctioned along with the other inventory before john elway took over the dealership)

so we began negotiations..

i started off telling the sales manager the following..

look heres the deal.. I'm easily 4G's upside down on my lexus i NEED to get out of this car. you have a vehicle that has been on your lot all year with 900 miles on it and frankly to me it's not worth the MSRP. in fact i know the resale value on a used one is a far cry from that.

here in colorado this car will sit another year or at least till spring before you find a buyer. this is the 3rd time i have been here to look at it, and i refuse to eat 4g's negative equity and still pay a grand a month for a car i could simply wait another year (as much as i would hate to keep the lex) as my lease is only 27 months and i can grin and bear the lex for another year and get a 2015 next year.

so here is what i need from you..

i need absolutely everything you got! you got to go all in on everything, no bullshit, no games, no negotiation! and when you come back with your best offer and you hit the mark on the payment i will hold secret that i will agree to we will talk about wrapping this deal up..

i was offered 36k on my Lexus from 2 other dealers i even called a TX dealer to see if they would like a RWD as they sell better there and got a buy bid from them for 36.5k but i have to pay 400 to ship it to them.

so, now you have all the numbers, the rest is up to you...

he spent 45 minutes working up the deal and i was the only customer on the lot at that time. he talked to the manager and also called GM to verify a few incentives (one of which was worth 3k but he said he didn't think it was applicable to this vehicle (more on that later))

so when he came to me with the offer and then offered me 37K for my trade to sweeten the deal i was pretty much blown away!

total price reduction 18,000! (19k if you factor in the extra 1k on my trade)

needless to say, i was impressed.. i looked at it this way, even if i don't like the car for some reason i could sell it for more then this!

so i bought the car, and got a great interest rate as well.

ok so it gets better.. after i bought the car i came back by the dealer for a small service issue and again talked to the sales manager about the great deal i got and he told me GM actually verified the 3k rebate they gave me was invalid! so they ended up eating that 3k of the 11000 in rebates.

i felt sorry for them and said so, but then realized this was exactly the deal of the century for me because no matter how generous any dealer would have been on the same deal, they simply couldn't have offered me that rebate. this is also consistent with other stories i had heard from other V sport owners who only got 15k off sticker.

so in short, heres how i see it, had i waited till lease end to walk out of my lease $0 upside down and assuming a similar car was still available, the 3K mistake allowed me to do the very same thing a year sooner than i would have been able to manage for the same price.

the only other car I've ever bought that was this good was my 2012 Corvette Zo6 Centennial edition i ordered off the assembly line through a dealer in Montana was a 90k sticker i paid 75k for that was a 15k discount on a brand new custom ordered car right from the factory.

anyway i think i did pretty good, if you look online for a car just like mine USED with the premium package and around 10k miles they are selling for about 1-2k more than i paid for mine!

my car now has 4700 miles on it.

I think if I didn't have to use my truck in the city, I'd have a 2500, CC, 8ft bed, maybe a Duramax. A weekend only truck doesn't need to be compact. More room is the way to go for a truck used like you are proposing. But jeeze, I don't think I'd do black. Too much work, too hot for where I live/go.

yes but where you live a car doesn't need to be washed but 1 time per month! it hardly ever rains there..

and about the heat, I've heard that many times about black but in my experience white vehicles get just as hot inside. the heat comes through he glass and a quality metalized tint will reject 80% of the heat, and black with black windows always looks sick!

i don't care who you are you simply cannot deny the look of a black vehicle! the only people who don't buy black always say they are too hot or too hard to maintain.

i don't mind washing my cars, it gives me something to do on the weekend that i enjoy.

you have to admidt that that pic of my truck looks sinister!

and the blower and exhaust rounds out the package because it is as sinister as it looks and sounds.

yes but where you live a car doesn't need to be washed but 1 time per month! it hardly ever rains there..

and about the heat, I've heard that many times about black but in my experience white vehicles get just as hot inside. the heat comes through he glass and a quality metalized tint will reject 80% of the heat, and black with black windows always looks sick!

i don't care who you are you simply cannot deny the look of a black vehicle! the only people who don't buy black always say they are too hot or too hard to maintain.

i don't mind washing my cars, it gives me something to do on the weekend that i enjoy.

you have to admidt that that pic of my truck looks sinister!

and the blower and exhaust rounds out the package because it is as sinister as it looks and sounds.

I admire those that can maintain a black vehicle. But after having owned a few, I'm just not that guy. White vehicles are definitely much much cooler inside during the summer months here in the southwest. A black vehicle here will heat soak in less than an hour in the mid day sun of the summer.

Still, given what you will be using the next truck for, stepping up to a new truck for just a few inches of leg room seems to be half a step. The 8 ft bed for a weekend vehicle would be my choice.

Archived