thinking of selling my Supercharged 6.2 for upgrade to Denali

so i was at the dealer the other day and we discussed the possibility of upgrading my 2014 double cab all terrain to the denali.

dealer is willing to build me a 6.2 denali and give it to me at their cost. with all incentives and rebates it amounts to a 4300.00 discount off MSRP.

i have a few questions for the 2015 owners

does the Denali also come standard with the mag ride suspension?

how do you 8 speed owners like the 8 speed? i heard lots of complaints. have they been resolved?

also with the 4g LTE wifi can you listen to pandora without plugging your phone in?

also if anyone is interested in a mint condition 2014 with the first ever edelbrock SC on a 6.2 Installed by edelbrock with the remainder of a 3 year 36k mile drivetrain warranty send me a message..

asking 40k since that is what I owe. (sticker was 50k) the dealer offered me 35k and considering i have a blower that would cost close to 9 grand professionally installed, and all the other tidbits I've done i think it's a bargain.

also considering how rare the 6.2 is.

the truck made an estimated 624hp at the crank, wheel HP was measured to be 528 truck has approximately 22k miles on it black with black interior

mods are retrofitted HID projectors

blacked out chrome molding, replaced all door handles and mirror caps with painted black parts.

have not decided if i am keeping the black chrome wheels or not (depends on selling price)

tinted windows

clear bra installed on entire front end including bumper and grille surround, hood and fenders

GM Black tube side steps

GM splash guards

tinted tail lights

dual black chrome exhaust

brand new snow tires on factory 18" rims (i don't think ill use these on the denali)

Pop n Loc electric tail gate lock (locks with doors)

the truck has every option as a Denali except cooled seats and driver alert package

ed787b6a0ca645c9f053105133b37320.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Def seems like you would be losing close to 20k and while I love my denali your current truck seems more than capable.

Also no way 4k off msrp is dealer cost, the credit union discount was 54k and got my almost 60kmsrp denali for just under 51k with rebates/discounts

to answer your question, I get about 10-12 mbps on my wifi but don't need to have the phone connected to stream pandora.

I like the 8speed, never drove a 6sp but def an upgrade over my old Denali 4sp

to answer your question, I get about 10-12 mbps on my wifi but don't need to have the phone connected to stream pandora.

Are you sure about that? For me, the IntelliLink Pandora app requires connecting to my phone's Pandora app, which then my phone can use the truck's WIFI->4GLTE connection to stream.

Are you sure about that? For me, the IntelliLink Pandora app requires connecting to my phone's Pandora app, which then my phone can use the truck's WIFI->4GLTE connection to stream.

you are saying you need to pay for onstar wifi to have your pandora play? Unless I'm confused on what we are talking about I have the wifi turned off on my phone and yes I can play pandora through bluetooth

No way I would pay for the onstar data to stream, that would use the data up real quick. I have unlimited with sprint

you are saying you need to pay for onstar wifi to have your pandora play? Unless I'm confused on what we are talking about I have the wifi turned off on my phone and yes I can play pandora through bluetooth

No way I would pay for the onstar data to stream, that would use the data up real quick. I have unlimited with sprint

I might have misunderstood the OP's question and your response. I read it as "do I need to use my phone for Pandora?", which in my case, yes. I read your response is "no, I don't need to use my phone to use Pandora" as if it works standalone, which is different than my experience. My phone doesn't need to use the truck's data connection, but it still needs some data connection to reach the Pandora servers. Does that help clarify?

also with the 4g LTE wifi can you listen to pandora without plugging your phone in?

I thought his question meant do you need to be connected to the wifi to listen to pandora, which you don't have to

I might have misunderstood the OP's question and your response. I read it as "do I need to use my phone for Pandora?", which in my case, yes. I read your response is "no, I don't need to use my phone to use Pandora" as if it works standalone, which is different than my experience. My phone doesn't need to use the truck's data connection, but it still needs some data connection to reach the Pandora servers. Does that help clarify?

Now I just got what you were saying, he must have been asking if you can play pandora with just the intellink and pandora with the wifi (meaning no phone) which you can not do

I meant you don't need the phone to be connected to the in truck wifi, as I suspected I was confused. I read it as do I need to use the wifi to stream pandora

what i was asking was, with the in car wifi can you simply turn on the pandora app on the intellilink system and sign in at the truck play pandora using the trucks wifi?

or do you still need to plug your phone in via cable, open the pandora app on your phone and set the audo input to pandora on the truck to get music?

on my current truck, i have to have my phone connected, it won't work over a bluetooth connection unless i select bluetooth on the truck and play pandora via bluetooth connection but then you loose the functionality of having the artwork and controls on the screen which i prefer.

If you're looking for someone to tell you that you're wasting money, I'll be that guy.

Def seems like you would be losing close to 20k and while I love my denali your current truck seems more than capable.

Also no way 4k off msrp is dealer cost, the credit union discount was 54k and got my almost 60kmsrp denali for just under 51k with rebates/discounts

I like the 8speed, never drove a 6sp but def an upgrade over my old Denali 4sp

well there are some reasons..

first off, i don't drive my truck that often. the only reason it has the miles it has is due to taking it to edelbrock in california for the SC early on and i went to WI to pick up my camper.

most of the time it sits in the garage. in fact i haven't driven it in almost a month.

but when i do drive it i am either towing my camper which is a new addition to the family, or more often i have a dirt bike in the back. (wr 450)

usually when we go riding i go with friends. some of my friends do not even own a truck but do have a dirt bike. when we go, we drive to grand junction which is 4.5 hours each way. i may have as many as 2-3 bikes and 2-3 guys in the truck as well as all their gear.

sometimes i pick up another buddy who has a 4 bike trailer and we tow that with 4 people and all our stuff.

the guy with the trailer has a chevy 2500 crew cab and sometimes he drives. but all the guys complain about how cramped they are in my D cab so i end up driving myself and paying for all the gas while the other 3 guys split fuel with the silverado crew cab owner.

i got the all terrain because it had everything i wanted and i really didn't think the seats were that small in the back compared to the CC

but i wanted the standard bed so i can put 2 bikes back there and still close the tailgate so i wanted what i thought was small compromise in a smaller cab.

if i get the denali ill get the longer one with the standard bed so i can accommodate everything, only issue is that it will take every inch of my garage with exactly 3 inches to spare assuming the front of the truck touches the back wall. i already have a mirror on the ceiling and a laser parking system that keeps me off the wall when i park. with the mirror i can literally see the wall and the bumper approaching so i can park it right at the wall every time.

while i am sure you use your truck as a daily driver i have some very nice cars for that purpose i just bought a cadillac CTS V sport twin turbo and added a tune that now makes over 500 hp and my wife drives a 2015 Acura MDX fully loaded with every option.

my truck fills a very specific purpose and that purpose is not being met fully with the current setup.

also i make enough money that i don't need to be that concerned with how bad of an investment i make swapping them out.

any car you buy and don't keep for 100k miles is a poor investment! this is why i lease most of my cars and will be leasing the new denali. truth be told my SC'd truck is also leased! but before you go in a tirade about that, know i never intended to keep it more than 4 years of the lease anyway (plus on some of the cars i drive i get a tax deduction for my business writing off the lease payment verses miles)

and knew that i would either buy it out before lease end or trade it in and the dealer i work with said they would be happy to take it on trade with the SC because they know here in colorado it will be an asset if you use a truck for what it was intended for and at 6,500 feet my truck makes almost nearly the same power as yours would stock at sea-level.

i just traded in my 2014 Lexus IS 350 that had only 9300 miles on it, had it for only 13 months and decided i hated it and i was fortunate that i leased it for only 27 months and the fact i got $18,000 off the sticker price for the caddy that replaced it.

so keeping a truck for 2-3 years was my original plan and my payment will be within 100 bucks a month of what i pay now with the discount they are offering and i can easily live with that.

but the fact is i am in no hurry as yet they tell me the last one they ordered took 8 weeks and considering I've only been averaging about 500 miles per month recently on it i think i can wait. i might even wait to see what the 2016 looks like. i hear they have new headlights and if i don't have to retrofit them to see again i may just wait and consider that option.

4300 off msrp is NOT the dealer cost i don't care what they tell you. MSRP for my denali was 56500 and i paid 52k out the door.

you obviously have more money than you know what to do with :)

the guy with the trailer has a chevy 2500 crew cab and sometimes he drives. but all the guys complain about how cramped they are in my D cab so i end up driving myself and paying for all the gas while the other 3 guys split fuel with the silverado crew cab owner.

Sounds like you should buy a 2500 long wheel base crew cab, and have someone pay for your gas also.

I thought his question meant do you need to be connected to the wifi to listen to pandora, which you don't have to

Now I just got what you were saying, he must have been asking if you can play pandora with just the intellink and pandora with the wifi (meaning no phone) which you can not do

I meant you don't need the phone to be connected to the in truck wifi, as I suspected I was confused. I read it as do I need to use the wifi to stream Pandora

No worries. We've got the OP's answered any possible way. :)

Short version is yes you need your phone. The IntelliLink drives the phone the same way it drives listening to music on the phone via Bluetooth.

I also agree with the Isriam on the pricing. That doesn't sound like much of a deal. With the "Credit Union" option, I went from 57K to 51K on my 6.2L Denali order before rebates, and that was with the 2015 just coming out and them being in very high demand around here. I hit 6 dealers in my area for the order price, and if I remember correctly, they all gave more than 4300 off.

well there are some reasons..

"but all the guys complain about how cramped they are in my D cab so i end up driving myself and paying for all the gas while the other 3 guys split fuel with the silverado crew cab owner."

Maybe I misunderstood this statement but it sounds like you are complaining about having to pay for gas and using that as a reason to justify trading in your truck, but stating before that that loosing 20k on a trade in isn't that big of a deal because you make really good money?

Personally, I would take off the SC and return truck to stock then trade for Denali and put the SC on the Denali.

Personally, I would take off the SC and return truck to stock then trade for Denali and put the SC on the Denali.

Me too.

On the wi fi issue... I see the Denali listed in my iPhone 6 wifi list, but the truck is just getting it from the phone's cell connection, right?

The wifi is just intended to let someone with you use an iPad or something to get on the internet, right? It doesn't affect the Pandora app shown in the 8 in display?

Archived