TXTruk15's White Sierra SLT Build

TXTruk15

I really like it - very sturdy on the framerails, very solid construction. Easy to lock up and easy to roll up and use the bed. In the looks department, I think it looks as good as or better than any of the others out there. The only downside is that it's a bit pricey but I haven't regretted buying it and haven't seen anything I'd rather have....

Just finally pulled the trigger on the Revolver X2. You sold me on it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finally pulled the trigger on the Revolver X2. You sold me on it.

awesome - I think you'll like it - post up pix when done, can't wait to see!

awesome - I think you'll like it - post up pix when done, can't wait to see!

Will do. I am pretty picky about what goes on my truck. I really wanted the Undercover Elite, but the fact I'd have to take it on and off would get to be too much hassle. I think the revolver looks pretty nice and is functional as well. Pumped to get it put on.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed the GMC illuminated door sills - very cool looking. Took about 5 minutes to pull off the old ones and put in the new ones - most of the time was spent wiring up into the BCM and threading the wire loom from the driver's side to the passenger side...

20151105_143555.jpg20151105_143615.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I like that better than on the quarter panels - more subtle , and still gets the point across - the dealer was wondering if GMC was doing new badging when I brought the truck in for my oil change!

What point?

Any plans for lift or tires?

Another member here plasti dipped his white diamond bumpers, looks real good if you want to check in to that and rid it of all the chrome. I think it was Echavez or something?

You are local to me, will have to keep an eye out for your truck.

Tyler

What point?

Any plans for lift or tires?

Another member here plasti dipped his white diamond bumpers, looks real good if you want to check in to that and rid it of all the chrome. I think it was Echavez or something?

You are local to me, will have to keep an eye out for your truck.

Tyler

4x4...

I was thinking about the plastidip but think I'm going to go for something more permanent...

Cant wait to lift the truck - am going to go Cognito 7-9" with 35s but will need to save my pennies for that one...right now it's leveled with Cognito UCAs and Bilstein 5100s - rides better than the factory shocks for sure...

Bob

4x4...

I was thinking about the plastidip but think I'm going to go for something more permanent...

Cant wait to lift the truck - am going to go Cognito 7-9" with 35s but will need to save my pennies for that one...right now it's leveled with Cognito UCAs and Bilstein 5100s - rides better than the factory shocks for sure...

Bob

Yeah the 4x4 is pretty important...

Good idea, if you know you want color matched that is the way to go. Plastidip is good temporarily to see if you like the change without making it permanent. Put a clear bra on the bumper once done, they chip easily (noticed a red painted bumper silverado on the way to Buffalo last weekend with a couple big chips that stood out on the highway).

Damn that will stand out, should be easy to spot you around the HV/FloMo area. You have 8 ft garage doors to fit that thing inside?

Small level (1.5/1 f/r) and 265/70/18 is all I have planned for what I plan to use it for (mountain trips on off road passes and towing, hauling and house/yard duties). Might consider the Bilstein route when it comes time instead of the spacer if it improves the ride over the Rancho's.

Tyler

• 2 weeks later...

True dual exhaust installed by Kinney's Performance Exhaust Shop in Ft Worth area - they do a masterful job and are as picky as can be about getting it right. Love the deep throaty sound of the exhaust coupled with the AFE airbox, sounds very mean when you get on it....it's supposed to give me a little better gas mileage but it's hard to tell since it's too much fun stepping on the gas right now....decided against headers for the time being as the stock manifold is good enough and I really don't need higher temperatures under the hood from headers with all of the electronics under there especially here in TX in the summer....

20151203_112300.jpg20151203_112311.jpg20151203_112328.jpg20151203_112343.jpg20151203_112339.jpg

nice truck,,,

Thanks! Someday, it will grow up to be lifted like yours - love your lift and American Forces wheels

• 1 month later...

back bumper powder coated and installed - biggest time crushers were figuring out how to get the electrical plugs for the tow plug and for the backup sensors/license plate lights as well as of course having to jack up the truck bed to get the bumper off - can't wait to do the front one, it's gotta be easier!

20160117_171453.jpg

Archived