Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their 14+?

5 minutes ago, cperk said:

I just rolled 69,000 on my 2015 nht, 6.2, 8spd. Two transmission rebuilds and umpteen reprograms, and getting a new engine next week for a dropped valve when a spring broke! I love my truck!!!!! I’m just glad I had the 100k drive train warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine with just a tick over 40k on it. I bought the extended 100k warranty and it worked out for me also. Radiator and condenser fixed on mine.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I now have 137k miles on mine. Was toying around with trading mine in or selling out rite, but decided to keep it. No plans on getting rid of it now. I like it too much and hate the looks of the 19’s. Once it is paid off I plan on getting a CT’s-v or similar 4 door sports car. Wish I could just get a camaro or Vette, but having a wife and 1 year old it’s not in the cards haha

2 hours ago, slj2008 said:

TO all High mileage truck , HOW long do you plan to keep it   ????   mind is at 80,  Cheaper to do service Then by NEW .

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently around 108k on mine. Still running  nicely. I owe a couple more months of payments and it will be paid off. No reason to jump back into more payments just yet. The truck will be around for several more years. Hopefully another 5 would be good with me.

Edited by Eddie 70
  • Like 1

Good to hear guys!  I am almost on 80K problem is.....it runs so God Dang good I think I am gonna see if 300K is in my future.  I like the new ones and some things  are kinda disappointing to see  in other areas where they cut corners as in GM fashion they most definitely did not cut corners on Powertrain. As it stays the same, yet more refined.  I just really like how the K2's are solid,quiet and efficient.  Who knows give me 15K off a T1 and twist my finger.......but I really don't want to let this one go!

Edited by mookdoc6
  • Like 1

Tough call for me.  I like my 15 so much, I thought of buying an 18 to refresh my odometer.  There are still some good deals but the financial part of the equation still favours keeping my 15.  I anticipate there will be additional repair costs associated with higher miles and no warranty but they won't match the trade-in costs.

• Like 1

Thought I had a lot on my '15. Just turned over 68.5k this weekend. Bought it with 36k 16mo ago, so I'm sure I'll be into the 100's in no time. Hoping to keep this one to the 10yr mark. Would put me just over 264k miles if I keep at the 2.2k mi/mo pace I'm going at now.

Kept my '03 Yukon to 187k before electrical gremlins were taking longer to deal with than I had time to give it. Rest of that truck was still solid though.

• Like 1

When this tread started it would be a year before I'd buy Pepper. July 2016 with a thousand miles on her. Now 86,000. Modifications? Some. Repairs? One, a pinion seal. Still have factory installed tires & wipers. Once I got my suspension sorted I've just enjoyed the drive. I'll have this one a long time....barring hail, deer, drunks, texters and other assorted road/weather hazards. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Donstar said:

Tough call for me.  I like my 15 so much, I thought of buying an 18 to refresh my odometer.  There are still some good deals but the financial part of the equation still favours keeping my 15.  I anticipate there will be additional repair costs associated with higher miles and no warranty but they won't match the trade-in costs.

I agree, I have a 15 Sierra and other then the interior lighting being red nothing different on 16-18 models. (Inside wise)

• 4 months later...

Just thought I would update my post. The last time I updated I had 108k back in March. Here it is the end of July and I still am in the 108k mile range. I have been mostly using my truck around town. My little Honda CRZ has been piling up the miles however. Truck still runs and drives great. It needs a good cleaning from driving it to Nashville and back in late June for an interview in a torrential down pour. Oh and it's paid for now. No car payments!!

Edited by Eddie 70
  • Like 1

Bought mine with 1640 miles on it, just turned 75K.  Got another year of payments, and not looking for another car/truck payment for a while, so I'll see how long this thing will last me.

• Like 1

Probably 30qty rock chips filled?  No Joke..4-5 windshields.  Brake pads, tires, 3qty wiper sets, AC Compressor, 3rd Battery.  90K on the LCD Dial.  Interior and all controls are perfect....absolutely love driving this SLED!  Going for 200K......Have changed the Plugs because I am that guy!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

Probably 30qty rock chips filled?  No Joke..4-5 windshields.  Brake pads, tires, 3qty wiper sets, AC Compressor, 3rd Battery.  90K on the LCD Dial.  Interior and all controls are perfect....absolutely love driving this SLED!  Going for 200K......Have changed the Plugs because I am that guy!  

I have thought about changing plugs, just haven't done it yet. How big of a job was it?