Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their 14+?

1 hour ago, Max242 said:

My work truck has 278,000 on it.  We use it as a delivery vehicle, 2WD, 4.3 V6.  great truk, oil change every 3K all maintenance done.  Replaced coil packs at 150,000.  Recently started downshifting a bit hard when climbing a hill.  full trans service cured 90% of that.  I would dive cross county in it nosweat

Everyone should experience a good work truck  or "shop truck".  They give you a realistic experience as to the potential of a domestic truck. I "grew up"  with shop trucks at my disposal.  You wouldn't want to take out a new date in one but they could always be relied upon to transport you and a load anywhere, anytime.  A little clunk, rattle or the occasional  extended service interval didn't mean catastrophic failure was pending.    I appreciate the importance of regular and proper maintenance but sometimes I feel we have a tendency to overdo the coddling of our trucks.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2020 at 12:16 AM, bullet225ho said:

Well I made it to 220785 miles and tranny let go.

3500 for GM warrantied replacement.    Really really sucks as I am in the market for a new one and was trying to sell this one.  

impressive, my trans went at 120k. Got it rebuild elsewhere.

Im still pretty confident that getting the trans flushed at 98k at the dealer eventually caused this.

Do not flush people, drop and drain only. Im at 135k now on 2014 SLE

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozer said:

impressive, my trans went at 120k. Got it rebuild elsewhere.

Im still pretty confident that getting the trans flushed at 98k at the dealer eventually caused this.

Do not flush people, drop and drain only. Im at 135k now on 2014 SLE

Completely agree, I just had the dealer do a pan drop and filter change, none of that flushing crap for me. BTW they refilled with updated ATF, no issues works fine.

Flushing when done properly will not cause a transmission to fail.  If your tranny fails not too long after a flush, it was already on it's way out.  Many tranny experts out there have proven this. 

On 7/10/2020 at 8:32 PM, Colossus said:

Flushing when done properly will not cause a transmission to fail.  If your tranny fails not too long after a flush, it was already on it's way out.  Many tranny experts out there have proven this. 

A passive flush, which uses the transmission's own pump to do the flushing is very safe & is no different than normal vehicle operation.

When flushed using an external machine- that can sometimes cause problems.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nanotech Environmental said:

A passive flush, which uses the transmission's own pump to do the flushing is very safe & is no different than normal vehicle operation.

When flushed using an external machine- that can sometimes cause problems.

Yes, this is the best way and I guess most of us still call it a "flush" and it is but there is absolutely nothing harmful with this inline fluid removal/replacement.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just hit this mark on the way home tonight. I did the transmission thermostat flip over the weekend and wanted to see how it effected the trans temp. We went to Knoxville and did a little running around. When we got back to our exit, we stopped by Chick-Fil-A and sat in line for a few minutes. The trans temp got up to 158 but then on the 5 mile drive back home it dropped back to 153. Hopefully that will help with trans life along with my 15K mile/1 gallon trans fluid change out.

111111 mile.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

Hope it works to your liking!  I will be replacing fluid in mine couple more months from now.  120k currently need 200k minimum!

Hoping for 200k out of mine too. Or at least until I retire which is quite a few more years.

• 1 year later...

Just thought I would update my mileage thread. I haven't been adding too many miles the last few years. I am now at 118k miles. No issues as of late other than I picked up something in the road and had a blow out on 9k mile old tires. That sucked!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just hit 120000 on my way home from vacation. I changed oil and filter while it was still warm from the trip.

Edit: I just checked my records and today is the day seven years ago that I got the truck. 10-23-15 was when I filled it up for the first time on the way home at 42,500 miles. Been a good truck for me so far.

20221022_091917 (2).jpg

Edited by Eddie 70
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

162,000 Miles

Still on the OEM factory brakes!! 😱 Lots of pad left.  

Still looks great. Top, bottom, inside, outside........

Still trouble free. Tune ups, clean ups, fuel ups and oil changes. 

Switched to E-85 at around 155K and she loves it. Very clean oil report. 

IMG_0703.thumb.JPG.e968212ad0515bc7d2db6cf76612d124.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1