Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their 14+?

58 minutes ago, 15 Z71 said:

Ok thanks. I'm at 60,000 now and I have never had anything done to mine. It shifts great and is real smooth. Would you recommend filter and fluid change? I dont tow anything real heavy. Mostly haul my son's and my dirt bikes.

Yes

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I have Michelin on the Honda. Let's see how that goes. :crackup:

I'm thinking maybe 125K?????? 

I have these on my truck and with great environment and rotations I have no doubt they could hit 125k.  I have probably close to 50k on mine and they look dang good...great tires!

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2020 at 5:48 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

:rollin:

Back up and running...thought I could do a work around but the plastic handle/lever snapped?  Called local parts guy...35.00 had to suck it up because it needed full replacement. She is getting old and tired and surely, I will be heading for another major part failure.  I am crossing fingers now going into the "RED" 100k+ zone will this GM get 200k?  Tough call getting shakier everyday!  MOOK OUT

• Haha 2

2018 SLT built in Jan 2019.. i was concerned about getting the last one off the line... but those concerns are not warranted, yet. 10k on it now and flawless. i had a 2005 Yukon before... this just is fantastic.. no oil burning and idles like a sewing machine.. My '05 had piston slap at 40k... hope this one doesn't have that problem. 

Did change the rear lube. Pitiful thin. 

Been teleworking (teleslacking) the last 6 weeks... haven't put a hundred miles on it this period.... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 15 Z71 said:

Ok thanks. I'm at 60,000 now and I have never had anything done to mine. It shifts great and is real smooth. Would you recommend filter and fluid change? I dont tow anything real heavy. Mostly haul my son's and my dirt bikes.

If you don't feel it needs it, it's not necessary, GM doesn't recommend a service interval for regular use. That being said, preventative maintenance never hurt. 

2018 SLT built in Jan 2019.. i was concerned about getting the last one off the line... but those concerns are not warranted, yet. 10k on it now and flawless. i had a 2005 Yukon before... this just is fantastic.. no oil burning and idles like a sewing machine.. My '05 had piston slap at 40k... hope this one doesn't have that problem. 

Did change the rear lube. Pitiful thin. 

Been teleworking (teleslacking) the last 6 weeks... haven't put a hundred miles on it this period.... 

The last year of every model is the best year to buy cause everything has been worked out and best deals too. Just keep it well maintained and should last you a very long time.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

Looking at everyone's post I guess I should add to this what my list of repairs has been.

1. AC condensor replaced under warranty.

2. Radiator replaced under warranty.

3. I had a slightly warped rotor so I replaced all 4 rotors and pads.

4. I replaced upper control arms because I thought I had bad ball joints. After I had the uppers in hand, I found the upper a-arms were just loose. I put the new arms on threw the old ones in the trash.

5. Tires

6. Engine oil and filter every 5k.

7. Trans filter and fluid at 60k. 1 gallon of new fluid every 15k after.

8. New Bilstein shocks all around.

9. I've silenced quite a few squeaks and rattles.

10. Rear differential fluid around 60k.

I'm happy with my truck and expect it to be around for quite a while longer. I said it earlier, no payments and I hope it lasts me another 84 months. 2027 is a long time away................It might not make it that long............

Edited by Eddie 70
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2018 at 6:50 PM, gone_fishing said:

145k and I think about 3080 hours. I'm not driving my truck as much now. Started a new job about a month ago that provides a company car.

I'm just over 156,000 miles and I think a little over 3300 hours. Definitely don't drive my pickup as much as I used to since my work car is my daily driver. Changed oil last September I think I've only put on a little over 3,000 miles since. Pretty much only driven on the weekends. Now that the boat is out of storage thats about the only time the pickup get's used. Still running great though.

Did replace the OEM battery this winter. Was at at a friends place to watch some football and it had been sitting all day outside in sub-zero temps. Went to start it and it wouldn't even crank. Tried my lithium jump pack and still wouldn't crank. Tried jumping (and letting it sit with the other car running for awhile) and nothing. Ended up pushing into a heated shop and putting it on the charger. Steering a non-running vehicle when't is -15F is a real chore! Finally stared after about an hour on the charger. Decided I got my moneys worth out of the original battery and replaced it with an Interstate AGM.

Still on the original brake pads and rotors. Thinking it's about time to replace them as they are pulsing more and it seems I have to push on the pedal harder then I used. Will probably replace all rotors and pads and have the fluid flushed.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, bullet225ho said:

Well I made it to 220785 miles and tranny let go.

3500 for GM warrantied replacement.    Really really sucks as I am in the market for a new one and was trying to sell this one.  

220k Not bad at all on the trans.  Drive it another year and wait for the refresh maybe?

My 14 work truck has 278,000 on it.  We use it as a delivery vehicle, 2WD, 4.3 V6.  great truck, oil change every 3K all maintenance done.  Replaced coil packs at 150,000.  Recently started downshifting a bit hard when climbing a hill.  full trans service cured 90% of that.  I would drive cross county in it no sweat

Edited by Max242
  • Like 4