Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their 14+?

On 6/12/2018 at 3:32 PM, gone_fishing said:

I'm at 128,000 miles now and 2,750 hours.

That would seem like it is keeping it on the road and not just around town driving.

I just recently bought a $4500 work car since gas is creeping up again. So, for the last 3 weeks my truck has gotten about 20 miles on it. I just changed the engine oil last weekend and 1 gallon of transmission fluid so the truck should be fresh and ready when I need it/

• Like 1

I've got a 2015, will have had it 3 years this coming October and I'm sitting at 35800 and some change right now. I'm one of the those that have the luxury of working close to home, 13 miles one way. Haven't really taken it out of town on a long trip either, only Houston to College Station a few times to visit my son and attend a few football games. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Its funny I bought a sweet 2001 in 06 or 07 with 120k, drove it for 110k more, trouble-free miles, btw and by then it was too rusted to do anything with. I was very sad to let it go, by far it is our favorite. 

I then bought a new 2013 2 lt because with rebates it was the same price as used. Had it for 22,222 miles.

GM did the 10K off again and I got a 2015 1lt drove it for 29k miles.

When Labor day '18 came around GM finally had an LTZ sale so I didnt feel so bad about buying my dream 6.2 which now has 340 miles. 

• Like 2

Its funny I bought a sweet 2001 in 06 or 07 with 120k, drove it for 110k more, trouble-free miles, btw and by then it was too rusted to do anything with. I was very sad to let it go, by far it is our favorite. 

I then bought a new 2013 2 lt because with rebates it was the same price as used. Had it for 22,222 miles.

GM did the 10K off again and I got a 2015 1lt drove it for 29k miles.

When Labor day '18 came around GM finally had an LTZ sale so I didnt feel so bad about buying my dream 6.2 which now has 340 miles. 

Don’t sell this one, you’re going to love it even more than you do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased new 2014 Sierra All Terrain with tow package, and now getting transmission replaced at 130,000 miles.  Torque converter was replaced under warranty at 76,000 miles.  Trans fluids changed @ every 35,000 miles.  I tow a few times a month, but trailer with ATV's usually about 2,500 lbs, occasionally I use the larger/heavier trailer (3,300 lbs empty) for a total of @ 5,500 probably 3x a year.  Most towing is 100 miles each way to my cabin.  I did tow a CJ7 on the heavy trailer back from Texas to Ohio last year.

My YukonX (2500 series) with the 6.2 that I replaced had 192,000 miles, and towed a lot more with it, to include a few times towing a trackhoe for total load of 8,750lbs.  Never had a transmission problem.

So, not happy...  Should have known, as my neighbor had a 2015 Silverado, almost entirely highway miles, and had to replace tranny at 142,000.  He puts @ 50,000 miles on per year, so when that happened, I started to worry and my truck made it another year, then transmission tanked...

Edited by mbrand

11 hours ago, mbrand said:

Purchased new 2014 Sierra All Terrain with tow package, and now getting transmission replaced at 130,000 miles.  Torque converter was replaced under warranty at 76,000 miles.  Trans fluids changed @ every 35,000 miles.  I tow a few times a month, but trailer with ATV's usually about 2,500 lbs, occasionally I use the larger/heavier trailer (3,300 lbs empty) for a total of @ 5,500 probably 3x a year.  Most towing is 100 miles each way to my cabin.  I did tow a CJ7 on the heavy trailer back from Texas to Ohio last year.

My YukonX (2500 series) with the 6.2 that I replaced had 192,000 miles, and towed a lot more with it, to include a few times towing a trackhoe for total load of 8,750lbs.  Never had a transmission problem.

So, not happy...  Should have known, as my neighbor had a 2015 Silverado, almost entirely highway miles, and had to replace tranny at 142,000.  He puts @ 50,000 miles on per year, so when that happened, I started to worry and my truck made it another year, then transmission tanked...

What kind of issues did you notice when the trans started to go? I change about 1 gallon of fluid every 15k miles. Filter was changed at 65k or so. Currently around 107k miles and trans seems great.

On 10/24/2018 at 10:57 AM, Eddie 70 said:

What kind of issues did you notice when the trans started to go? I change about 1 gallon of fluid every 15k miles. Filter was changed at 65k or so. Currently around 107k miles and trans seems great.

The same as when the torque converter went out, RPM's began to surge with no change in speed.  Tranny temp remained normal, no codes, but you could feel the driveline problem when under load.  It was very subtle at first, but I'm always on the lookout for slight changes in a vehicles operation arising from my aviation background.  It showed up while driving on a 4 hour trip, and was not consistently there, and took it in when I got home.  Acted up on the way to the dealership.  

• Like 1