Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their 14+?

42K on 2016 GMC SLT 5.3L 8speed...Change oil @10K consumes 200ml....absolutely 100% acceptable another guy on this forum goes 15K and consumes 1/2qt so there you have it.  AFM I like and enjoy my 22.8mpg on HWY's extended trips.  No thanks, keep your ecoboost...... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dennisfly said:

Do all the high milers still have the AFM enabled?

I still have AFM enabled. My truck is still stock as far as drivetrain is concerned. Stock exhaust, wheels, intake, etc. I did put lowering shackles on it though.

Just hit 120k on my 2015. I plan to write up a little review of the last 2 or so years with the truck. I honestly drive it pretty hard. With the nht package, the 3.73s with the 6spd really pull in my opinion. I drive in M-5 only to keep it out of v4 mode. Anyway this truck either hauls weight or tows daily. I keep up on regular maintenance but this truck has needed no repairs. I just replaced the stock battery a month or so ago. It has new brakes (upgraded them), 3rd set of tires (33s this time), but that's it. Tire shop told me the lower bj was bad so ordered all new Moog uppers, lowers, tie rod ends, and a level kit. The ball joints were all fine. They lied to me to try to get me to let them install it all, along with the leveling kit for some insane price. I let them know in person that they lost my business due to BS'IN me. Anyway, I just received my AAls, New rear extended shocks (stocks are still fine), trans filter/fluids, spark plugs and wires. Going to do all that but like I said, regular maintenance only. I'm very happy with this truck. I'll probably need a new one in 2 years, but I have a goal of 300k problem free miles.

20171015_183109.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, J-man67 said:

Just hit 120k on my 2015. I plan to write up a little review of the last 2 or so years with the truck. I honestly drive it pretty hard. With the nht package, the 3.73s with the 6spd really pull in my opinion. I drive in M-5 only to keep it out of v4 mode. Anyway this truck either hauls weight or tows daily. I keep up on regular maintenance but this truck has needed no repairs. I just replaced the stock battery a month or so ago. It has new brakes (upgraded them), 3rd set of tires (33s this time), but that's it. Tire shop told me the lower bj was bad so ordered all new Moog uppers, lowers, tie rod ends, and a level kit. The ball joints were all fine. They lied to me to try to get me to let them install it all, along with the leveling kit for some insane price. I let them know in person that they lost my business due to BS'IN me. Anyway, I just received my AAls, New rear extended shocks (stocks are still fine), trans filter/fluids, spark plugs and wires. Going to do all that but like I said, regular maintenance only. I'm very happy with this truck. I'll probably need a new one in 2 years, but I have a goal of 300k problem free miles.

Nice story on your truck. I too hope mine goes 300K  miles. I am guessing you will beat me there though. I add about 140 miles each day I go to work. I believe keeping up with the maintenance is one of the keys to longevity.

• Like 1

Nice story on your truck. I too hope mine goes 300K  miles. I am guessing you will beat me there though. I add about 140 miles each day I go to work. I believe keeping up with the maintenance is one of the keys to longevity.
Thanks man! You'll get there quick with a 140 mile round trip each day! My commute from home to my office and back is 90 miles, but I'm usually in 4 states each day checking on jobs and meeting with customers all over. A lot of start and stops. The starter still fires up fine, but I do have one on stand-by in my garage as I imagine it'll go soon with the overuse it gets. I do regular oil/fluid changes in everything. Engine, diffs, transfer case, and will be doing the trans again. The trans cooler has never let my temps hit above 194 and I've towed pretty heavily a bunch of times. I drive aggressively, although in a safe manor(to the truck and others) frequently too. Sorry...carrying on again, but I have nothing but great things to share concerning this truck. It's not my first GM truck, just the one I've had the most miles on. The other two, a 04 Colorado (3.5l 5 cylinder @ 90k) and my 07 Sierra (5.3l 4spd with 8" lift and 35s @ 80k) were also flawless when I sold them. I'm a GM fan for sure. I do have my eyes on the new F250/350s though!! We'll see what these 19s produce! Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

No catch can. I've thought about getting one, but obviously it's not a problem! I believe in the "drive it like you stole it" methods to keep my vehicles and toys alive. Obviously I'm not slamming gears, smashing the go pedal, but I'm methodical with the way I drive my vehicles. Hard on them? Perhaps, but like I said I do it in a manner that I'm not hurting anything or applying hard/crazy force to them. Hard to explain I guess.

• Like 1

I generally try to trade in my vehicles before they hit 100k miles (160k kms).  I do this to have reasonable value at trade, not because of impeding mechanical doom.  A change is also refreshing and I would not be motivated to trade with-in the same body style unless something catastrophic happened to my current truck or I had a major lottery win!.  

On 11/5/2017 at 7:52 AM, J-man67 said:

No catch can. I've thought about getting one, but obviously it's not a problem! I believe in the "drive it like you stole it" methods to keep my vehicles and toys alive. Obviously I'm not slamming gears, smashing the go pedal, but I'm methodical with the way I drive my vehicles. Hard on them? Perhaps, but like I said I do it in a manner that I'm not hurting anything or applying hard/crazy force to them. Hard to explain I guess.

I'm the same way with mine! I have a 14 High Country 6.2 with just over 123k miles. No catch can ever. Had the AFM enabled up to 116k miles before putting a black bear tune on it. I drive it hard, borderline abuse it, and have no issues. I plan on doing heads and cam this winter and will do a detailed post to see how everything looks without having a catch can on for all these miles. I have no plans on getting rid of this pickup. So I'm curious on how many miles I get on it before anything major happens, if anything does. 

• Like 5

I generally try to trade in my vehicles before they hit 100k miles (160k kms).  I do this to have reasonable value at trade, not because of impeding mechanical doom.  A change is also refreshing and I would not be motivated to trade with-in the same body style unless something catastrophic happened to my current truck or I had a major lottery win!.  

I do this too, easier for people to get a loan on a sub 100k truck than a +100k truck which means we benefit more trading in early before hitting that mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk