Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their 14+?

Im at 1080 as of today....2 weeks old

You already posted once before in this thread and you have a '16, you really think you're going to have high mileage at all in a pickup that new? :banghead:

Mine is about a year and 3 months old, just hit 27k. That's with a couple trips out to CO and IA from MO as well.

• 1 year later...

Since I started this thread, I am now just a tick under 93k miles. The only real problem I have had that I could not handle was the AC Condenser. Other than that, just taking care of regular maintenance items.

My work truck 14 GMC  80,000 6 cyl

never had a problem but when it went in for the seat belt recall they broke all the plastic end caps on the the seat

rails ,

I don't know who they hire down there as mechanics I guess they give it to the noobies , but I hate taking it to the dealership for any thing I have the power steering recall I believe to do  and I am dreading bringing it there , always comes out with something broken , I can't stand it , but otherwise it has never failed me and with the AFM no problems no shakes and no AC issues , knock on wood ! still looks good 

I just bought A 2017 Silverado LTZ just turned 2000 miles ,  but I did not know about these common problems until i got on the forums ! my personnel last 2 trucks were f150s , I never really put miles on them Around 3 to 5000 a year had alternator problems and transmission problems on both nothing more than a nuisance but , compared to my work truck will be 30000 in 11 months , thats why I traded in the ford for chevy , for durability and carefree ownership I Hope

• Like 1

Good to see some higher mileage trucks out here. 

2014 5.3L SLT Z71 61,000 miles and many big issues along the way. 

1) shakes

2) Oil Consumption issue, 1.5 - 2 qrts every 3,000 miles

3) AC condenser

4) cracked radiator

5) vented seats quit working (4x) 

6) Navi screen quit working

7) flapper in exhaust (3x)

8) Heated seats quit working (2x)

9) rusted frame worst anyone has ever seen

10) squeaking brake pedal 

11) RPM surge

12) the list goes on...

1 hour ago, dennisfly said:

Do all the high milers still have the AFM enabled?

I do and i like mine on longer drives but i did just buy a used range to disable it. See how that works out.

Besides routine things i have done trans oil flush at dealer and the upper induction cleaning and rear diff change.