Trailer hitch recall for 14/15's with Z82

way off topic, silver sled, how do you like your Diablo std inTune. I am trying to find the best way to disable the afm function. I have the range module right now.

I like it because I can change things when I want. I don't mind the afm on my truck so I haven't turned it off. But it's as easy as pressing the yes button on the diablo to turn it off. Overall I really like the tuner. I mainly bought it to get rid of the speed governor, adjust for new tire size and make it run a little better. I prepaid to have Lew tune it, but I'm gonna wait till summer when the "winter" gas is no longer around.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, Well it's apparently an official recall now. I just checked a few of the truck from the guys I work with and just a couple have the recall. One 14 crew cab built in US and dbl cab 14. And it's recall 15036.

Where did you check this and find it associated to the vehicles you mentioned? I checked safecar.gov run by NHTSA by searching 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and then 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. These searches did not show this recall. My VIN does not show a recall.

Where did you check this and find it associated to the vehicles you mentioned? I checked safecar.gov run by NHTSA by searching 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and then 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. These searches did not show this recall. My VIN does not show a recall.

I checked on GM dealership website. There are nine people that have 14-15 Silverados, and four of them have the recall. If you want give me your vin and I'll check.

I checked the list of vins' per our dealerships "BAC" Shows only 1 that we are responsible for. But the campaign says there are 163000 that need it. I don't think the final numbers are in yet. There were only about 6500 on the official list.

I only checked the nine guys/girls I work with that bought 14-15 Silverados, and of those there is four that get the recall. I would just like to find out the criteria of which ones get the recall. The first '14 sold of the nine does not get the recall, either does the last '15 sold. One of the four is a '14 crew made in the USA, the other three are dbl cabs. My Mexican built '15 crew does not have the recall. All as of today though.

I checked on GM dealership website. There are nine people that have 14-15 Silverados, and four of them have the recall. If you want give me your vin and I'll check.

Thanks. I sent it to you in a PM. Mine's a '14 DC...

PM sent...ty

Checked for my Sierra which does has the Z82 package. I don't have the recall listed for my VIN.

Wait a few days and check again...mine doesn't show on the GM Chevy Recall Center listing, but Silver Sled shows it under the dealership website. Hmmm.

Just ran my VIN on GMs website and my truck is part of the recall. They are not calling it a recall but a program (GM Program #:N150036). It says it is incomplete and to contact my local dealer.

First, thanks SILVER SLED for the heads up! My VIN now shows up in MyChevrolet just as "tnchevy" stated. Contacted my dealer service manager. He had a hard time finding it because however he was looking for it, GM dropped one of the zeros. But he did run it with my VIN and found it with complete description including instructions to replace the trailer hitch and part number. Description is something like, "...over time...weld break...trailer could separate from vehicle..." Not good. My service manager is checking to see if they have it in stock or if they need to order and then we will go from there. It appears that I am the first to call. Will report back as this progresses.

For those of you who checked MyChevrolet or any of the other general release web sites, you might want to check again.

Archived