unrealistic to expect redesign for 2018 Silverado?

Really? :rollin: Wow, might be the most petty reason I have heard for anyone to get a vehicle.

Anyways that exhaust placement is the worst idea for trucks to have, susceptible to damage if you leave the pavement (or many other instances), looks out of place and in ten years will look like crap if it is used remotely at all as a truck.

Snoringbore they aren't going to push up an entire ruck and rush it for 1 month of lower sales. They current truck have been selling fine and combined out sold Ford many times. they need to take their time so a good product is brought to the table just like the last gen.

Tyler

Maybe not. But, it's happened in the past. I recall the Mustang release in early 64 and the fast back Galaxie as a 63 1/2 (a hurry up solution driven by poor NASCAR results). Probably a bunch others but I'm not going to bother with researching. Btw, the Canyon and Colorado are selling great. Im wondering if their sales might be pulling from what otherwise would be GM 1500 buyers? Ford doesn't as yet have a competitor for the GM mid sized pickups....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an article from Truck Trend news, an update that as a subscriber I get periodically. It's about the 2019 full size GM pickups. Appears work is going strong on the 2019. It's my guess that the 2018 is "in the can" so to speak. Personally, other than the 10 spd tranny I don't expect much change other than cosmetic on the 2018.

Here's an article from Truck Trend news, an update that as a subscriber I get periodically. It's about the 2019 full size GM pickups. Appears work is going strong on the 2019. It's my guess that the 2018 is "in the can" so to speak. Personally, other than the 10 spd tranny I don't expect much change other than cosmetic on the 2018.

Opp's, just as I pulled the trigger I realized I had neglected to include the hot link. Here it is :)

http://www.trucktrend.com/future-trucks/1704-2019-silverado-and-sierra-1500-testing-in-colorado/

Chevrolet Truck Silverado 1500 for 2018

Deletions

(G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat

(GMU) Pepperdust Metallic

(PDZ) LS Convenience Package

(UQ5) 4-speaker audio system

(IO3) 4.2" diagonal color display AM/FM stereo

New Features

(GPJ) Cajun Red Tintcoat

(G2X) Havana Metallic

New box side decals on "Z71" and "4x4" models

Changes

(IOB) Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7" diagonal color touch-screen is now standard on 1WT models

(UQ3) 6-speaker sound system is now standard on 1WT Regular Cab models

(UVC) Rear Vision Camera is standard on all models (was available on 1WT, 1LS and 1CX 17MY)

(UJM) Tire Pressure Monitor now includes Tire Fill Alert

(PCM) WT Convenience Package no longer includes (UVC) Rear Vision Camera

(KI4) Power Outlet, 110-volt is now free flow option on 1LS. Was part of (PDZ) LS Convenience Package for 17MY

(PCP) Custom Convenience Package now includes (UE1) OnStar and (U2K) SiriusXM Satellite Radio

GMC Sierra 1500 for 2018

Deletions

(G1E) Crimson Red Tintcoat

(GMU) Pepperdust Metallic

(UQ5) 4-speaker audio system

(IO3) 4.2" diagonal color display AM/FM stereo

New Features

(G2X) Deep Mahogany Metallic

(GPJ) Red Quartz Tintcoat

(5JL) LPO, Front Brake Kit-Performance: The Performance Front Brake system features Red Brembo 6-piston calipers with DuraLife rotors that feature a hardened surface to reduce corrosion and provide quieter braking with less vibration

Changes

(IOB) GMC Infotainment System with 7" diagonal color touch-screen is now standard on 1SA models

(UQ3) 6-speaker sound system is now standard on 1SA Regular Cab models

(UVC) Rear Vision Camera is now standard on all models (was available on 1SA models 17MY)

(UJM) Tire Pressure Monitor now includes Tire Fill Alert

(PDD) Convenience Package no longer includes (UVC) Rear Vision Camera

(SXL) Elevation Edition no longer includes (IOB) IntelliLink Radio with 7" diagonal colour touch-screen and (UVC) Rear Vision Camera

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is that the Body Shops have to be loving these new alluminum cars and trucks, and they see dollar signs when a Hail storm rolls in!

Cajun Red has been used on the Colorado and Canyon's for a few years now. One of my favorite colors!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a 2014 model Sierra and there hasn't been much motivating me to trade in so far. I like the driver aid features, but I want the whole package (blind spot monitoring, lane keeping, adaptive cruise, front collision mitigating braking, rear cross traffic alert, and area view camera) in a SLT model. I think some are only available in the Denali, which seems strange since practically all Toyotas come with these features standard now. I understand LED lights, nicer leather, seat coolers, and other luxury features being high on the trim levels but safety features should come standard on lower models IMO.

I bought a 2014 model Sierra and there hasn't been much motivating me to trade in so far. I like the driver aid features, but I want the whole package (blind spot monitoring, lane keeping, adaptive cruise, front collision mitigating braking, rear cross traffic alert, and area view camera) in a SLT model. I think some are only available in the Denali, which seems strange since practically all Toyotas come with these features standard now. I understand LED lights, nicer leather, seat coolers, and other luxury features being high on the trim levels but safety features should come standard on lower models IMO.

I don't think those features can be had on any GM truck. Well, except for the lane keeping but I keep it turned off as it is too buggy in construction areas. LOL

id be happy if they only added bsm, i feel like that is a must

I would think 18 would be the year with the f150 out already being aluminum they are going to get their truck out there as fast as possible.As far as mules they are probably out their just look like the 16's testing out aluminum panels and frames and powertrains we just don't know it because it looks like a 16.You just won't see any that will look like their new body style yet.All the manufactures have been doing that for years for example you could see a 15 Camaro driving down the road and think nothing of it but it might have the complete drive train of a 2020 Camaro you never know

The Canadian engineering centre had a pickup a few years ago running around the city w/ a huge hood blister (not a scoop). My brother asked the guy about it and it was a mule for the upcoming (@ the time) G van. Complete induction system for the van. Hood had to modded on the pickup for it to fit.

Close, but no cigar.

Frame - aluminum

Bed (inside only) aluminum

All other body panels - plastic like the old Fiero's

engine- 3 cylinder twin turbo DI quad valve DOHC with Hemi heads

Transmission 16 forward 2 reverse

transfer case (4x4) 2wd hi, 2wd low, 4wd hi, low, granny low, AWD hi med and low.

Price starting at $69,999.99 2wd WT

$106874.86 2wd LT

$134568.74 High Country 4wd

:crackup:

I'm guessing it'll be the opposite. plastic in in the bed (heavy than a liner), metal superstructure supporting it & composite body panels.

The GMT800s had a optional 'plastic' boxes.

Archived