Denali cluster in SLT

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:42 PM, Jchoi said:

I agree, but I’m hopeful that it will be remedied soon. Everything I’ve seen shows that Chris and WAMS stand by their product, and hell, it might vpeven be operator error. I’ll keep you updated.  The display is beautiful though.  You’ll enjoy it. 

Any updates to this? Ops, sorry I realize it isn't you having the problem...

Edited by SS502

2 hours ago, SS502 said:

Any updates to this? Ops, sorry I realize it isn't you having the problem...

The cluster is going back to Chris. He’s going to run some tests. I put the old cluster back in, and the park assist is back on.  Looks like this. I know Chris will figure it out. I’ll keep folks updated in case others with LT Plus trucks have a similar issue. 

B13AD261-CA8D-47FD-B8E1-BE6B3491A4BB.jpeg

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Jchoi said:

The cluster is going back to Chris. He’s going to run some tests. I put the old cluster back in, and the park assist is back on.  Looks like this. I know Chris will figure it out. I’ll keep folks updated in case others with LT Plus trucks have a similar issue. 

B13AD261-CA8D-47FD-B8E1-BE6B3491A4BB.jpeg

42 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

That sucks. But I know he will get it done and back to you asap. Hes a great guy with a ton of knowledge. 

Yes that sucks! If there is any good from it, you may help someone else down the road. I would be bummed but you’re being very decent about it all. Thanks for being reasonable so the rest of us can all learn from it!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Yes that sucks! If there is any good from it, you may help someone else down the road. I would be bummed but you’re being very decent about it all. Thanks for being reasonable so the rest of us can all learn from it!!

You’re welcome SS502. These things happen. I told Chris it’s okay if he needs a little time to work on it. I’m just excited to get it back and functioning. I put the other cluster back in, and it seems so boring and basic. Haha.  

• Like 1

B13AD261-CA8D-47FD-B8E1-BE6B3491A4BB.thumb.jpeg.438001702f99e42bf105db87821ab20a.jpeg

Hopefully he can figure it out soon because mine is doing the same thing as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

That was directed at racerx but same situation contact us Monday from the website and we can run through some tests first. 9 times out of 10 it’s something silly like park assist is turned off or something like that lol

Chris, mine seems to be doing the same thing as “Jchoi”, what am needing to do to get this fixed also? Do I need to take out the Denali Cluster and out the old one back in till there is a fix or am I okay with the new Denali one installed?

3 minutes ago, thrasher2010 said:

Chris, mine seems to be doing the same thing as “Jchoi”, what am needing to do to get this fixed also? Do I need to take out the Denali Cluster and out the old one back in till there is a fix or am I okay with the new Denali one installed?

Thrasher. I would send Chris an email through Wams site. That’s what I did, and he emailed back quickly. Hopefully we’ll get this figured out soon. Let’s keep updating 

• Like 1

Thrasher. I would send Chris an email through Wams site. That’s what I did, and he emailed back quickly. Hopefully we’ll get this figured out soon. Let’s keep updating 

For sure.! Yeah I emailed Chris already and he responded! Now to just be patient and wait for the fix!

Now that I have had my Denali cluster for a bit, I wish it was more than it is.  I don't regret the upgrade and would do it again.  I just wish their was a way to customize it further than what GM offers.  

I wish all of the gauges would show up all the time that only show when in tow/haul mode.  I want the compass to be more analog and not just the 8 directional points.  I want to see the outside temp on the freaking cluster. I want to see the AFM status on every screen.  Why not a screen that shows all active data it is able to display?  How about additional display looks?

I know, lots of wishing and something no one is willing to take the time to crack the programming and offer an upgrade to the functionality.  It has the potential with a software upgrade to be so much more than it is.  The frustrating part is the hardware is there to do it.

• Like 1

Agreed with the things you would like to see. Its only the trans temp gauge that changes when in tow/haul.  I know I would pick the technology setting if it always showed 4 gauges instead of 2. I keep it in standard, which is almost the same looking as the factory LTZ cluster.. Also, I think its way more than nobody wants to take the time to invest in writing new software. I think if that were the case, would you be ok with paying for the labor time that that person spent? I know I wouldnt. How about, if someone said, for $3000, ill write you some new software. Again, I wouldnt pay that much. Or even a 1/4. Oh, I wouldnt have a clue on how much it would cost. But labor is expensive.  I would maybe pay like $300. But we all know that isnt gonna happen. We are just going to have to enjoy what we have. 

4 hours ago, Bubba0214 said:

Is anyone else having problems logging into Chris’s website? Whiteautomedia.com? I can’t login to view my order status/number etc.

So I can't sugar coat this LOL The website database is screwed up and while it is completely functional for initial ordering and order status notifications (which is all it really did anyhow) past that it does not allow a login. This will be remedied with the new website that is launching hopefully soon however as long as you keep an eye on your email and understand that your order will process within the time period stated on the auto responder you're golden and its the same scenario. 

To address the comments above there is obviously stuff left on the table, the main issue is money for the exact reason @RACERX7775 stated; no one wants to pay for that. My cluster for example does have some extra menus that are not factory but nothing (interesting stuff but nothing earth shattering) that I feel anyone would pay for the considerable extra labor that goes into adding them so we dont offer them. 

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 2