Denali cluster in SLT

1 hour ago, GTPprix said:

Not weird, normal ;) If you want the Chevrolet startup logo etc (e.g. you have a Silverado) it will have the SUV icon as its all tied together. 

Honestly, I might not of even noticed had Chris not told me ahead of time. 

[mention=130449]GTPprix[/mention]

Chris, you think this will be the fix for the cluster we did for my 2015? Don't know what year it came from but it's the same problem.

Given the cluster you used yes this likely would, please contact from the website and we can set that up.

That would be great. I can send it in whenever you want, although I should probably wait until you see if there is a way to suppress that steering notification in getting.

That would be great. I can send it in whenever you want, although I should probably wait until you see if there is a way to suppress that steering notification in getting.

May have a lead on that as well actually but please email so we can discuss ; thanks!

1 minute ago, GTPprix said:

May have a lead on that as well actually but please email so we can discuss ; thanks!

Will do. About to head out with the family for a few hours. I'll email you either later today or Monday night your and you're regular hours. Thanks Chris

On 4/18/2019 at 3:07 PM, GTPprix said:

So the small number of you experiencing this issue owe @Jchoi a big thank you :) We were able to confirm the work around to the GM bug does indeed work on the 2018 units (and likely the 2019 units) to my knowledge only one person with a late 2017 has this bug but I'm hoping it should work as well. Contact us from the site to schedule a patch application :) 

@RACERX7775, it's programming.

On 4/13/2019 at 3:19 PM, GTPprix said:

Was hoping to make an official post after there was a confirmed fix however very long story short there is a bug that seems to have been introduced into the late 2017 Firmware that carried into the branch used for the 2018-2019 units as well. Basically The clusters ignore ANY configuration for a rear park assist only even though they are configured as such; the bug even allows for the display of the park assist on/off state messages but not the actual sensor data. 

This would never have been an issue for GM as they never built any trucks that used these clusters in that time frame that DIDN'T have UD5 (Front and Rear Park Assist). I have spent a metric ton of time recently benching up a mockup to test this and indeed was able to see no matter what data frames were sent (or emulated) from a park assist unit the clusters would not display anything for rear park assist. Jchoi is testing a third revision of a work around that hopefully should work as we were able to display park assist information on his unit on the bench, I was even able to replicate this situation in my own 2018 Denali. 

Hopefully will have something to report here very soon, it should be noted since the discovery of this we have stopped taking any orders for 2018 trucks that have rear park assist only but again hope to reverse that the second we have good feedback. 

@RACERX7775

• Like 1

I am really wanting to to this switch to a denali IP but have been looking for a 2014 cluster with no luck.  Am I correct that the Denali cluster must come from same model year as my Slt.  Also was wondering does the Denali cluster from 2014 come with the off road page?

10 hours ago, Payton34 said:

I am really wanting to to this switch to a denali IP but have been looking for a 2014 cluster with no luck.  Am I correct that the Denali cluster must come from same model year as my Slt.  Also was wondering does the Denali cluster from 2014 come with the off road page?

Do you mean.... whether it's in 2  or 4wd? 

3 hours ago, Jchoi said:

Do you mean.... whether it's in 2  or 4wd? 

there is an off road page on later model trucks showing wheel angles and vehicle angles plus it shows if it is in 2wd or 4wd

21 hours ago, Payton34 said:

there is an off road page on later model trucks showing wheel angles and vehicle angles plus it shows if it is in 2wd or 4wd

Payton, you'll need to source a 2016 red cluster (your gmc cluster is red, right?) along with the HMI/Radio modules.  Pretty sure you have to do this at the same time as the cluster, as these things all need to talk together to work, but you'll get android auto and carplay too.  If you havent contacted WAMS for part numbers and checked the other thread on upgrading, please do so.

I did the full upgrade, and I have the off-road page on my cluster.  Its fully functional.  Since you have a GMC, you might be able to get the cluster to show the off road page as a truck.  On mine, since there was no silverado denali cluster, I get to look at a tahoe/suburban on the off road pages and door open icons, etc where it previously showed a truck.  You'll probably have to enable the off road page in settings as I dont think it comes enabled from the get-go.

On 5/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, lapoolboy said:

Just got my cluster back from Chris after having his patch done to correct the back-up sensor graphic "disappearance" issue.  It works great now!  Thanks Chris and thanks @Jchoi for being the guinea pig.  

Thank you for your patience! :) 

FYI for anyone just tuning in the fix has been built into all of the clusters that had this issue now so its all good in da hood :)