2016 seats uncomfortable

The manual seat in my 2010 WT was more comfortable than the power seat in my 2015 LT. I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable... just not as good.

I don't know why they always monkey around with seats. I wonder if they are trying to see how cheap they can make them and still get away with it. I guess it is pretty hard to make a one size fits all seat though.

I also noticed that they did away with the fore/aft adjustment on the headrest on the 2016's. This is a very nice feature that I found totally by accident one day. I bet most owners don't even know the headrest moves that way. It is on a ratcheting mechanism that you pull forward to release. It's nice to be able to move the headrest so it doesn't rest on the back of your head.

Edited by THD

having owned both a 2014 and a 2016, there are differences between the years. the 2016 are softer and more supportive than the 2014. as far as overall comfort, they are slightly better, and seem to be wearing better also. these are (were) leather heated/cooled in both trucks.

Seats in my '07 SLE II were cloth and quite a bit more comfy than the seats in my '16 chebby Z71. But maybe after 9 years of driving my SLE the seats and my azz kind'a bonded, formed a good relationship LOL.

I don't like the way headrest is angled so far forward.

The head restraints adjust forward and rearward.
To adjust the head restraint forward, grasp the head restraint and pull forward to the desired locking position.
To adjust the head restraint rearward, grasp the head restraint and pull forward fully until the mechanism releases and allows the head restraint to return to the full rear position.
EDIT: this from the 16 denali OM. The non-denali om does not have these instructions.
Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

The head restraints adjust forward and rearward.
To adjust the head restraint forward, grasp the head restraint and pull forward to the desired locking position.
To adjust the head restraint rearward, grasp the head restraint and pull forward fully until the mechanism releases and allows the head restraint to return to the full rear position.

Doesn't say anything in the owners manual about this.

Doesn't say anything in the owners manual about this.

That was cut and paste from the OM.

EDIT: it was from the deanli OM, not the regular sierra om.

Edited by redwngr

Mine does it, but it's only the driver headrest.

My '15 Silverado LT had the adjustable drivers headrest, this '16 SLT Sierra does not. It is fixed on the '16 but it doesnt hit my head at all, the '15 when I bought it someone had moved the headrest all the way forward and it was terrible - until I figured out how to adjust it..

Update:

I stand corrected.

The adjustable headrestraint instructions were copied from the 2016 Denali OM.

The 2016 Sierra (not denali) does NOT have this instruction.

Seems we've learned another difference between Denali and SLT.

Update:

I stand corrected.

The adjustable headrestraint instructions were copied from the 2016 Denali OM.

The 2016 Sierra (not denali) does NOT have this instruction.

Seems we've learned another difference between Denali and SLT.

And seeing that mine is a WT with more than a few stealer ordered options...................I don't have it.

• 1 month later...

I had my driver alerts moved by a local trim shop after the dealer refused to do it, while he had my seat out i told him about the high front and he said yes he had fixed many by adding some washers on the two rear mounting bolts so he showed me, simple fix and it helped a lot to get rid of the clam shell feeling.

• 1 month later...

I just test drove a new 2016 WT regular cab short bed. The seat had no mid to upper support and you could push your hand all the way through it. On the 5 mile test drive, I could not stand it! The seat was hurting my back and even the salesman had to agree the seat was lousy! We both tried adjusting the lower lumbar and doing everything possible, but we both could not stand the seat. Apparently, others customers had complained because he will give you the name of a local upholstery shop that will reupholster the seat for $500 that will fix the issue. I told the salesman, I can't spend a fortune on a truck, then another $500 to make it comfortable. I read online this is now the number one complaint and GM is switching seat suppliers in an effort to make a better seat. I'll just wait until the 2018 model year when the new seats comes out!