2016 seats uncomfortable

Seat height is not the issue--I have room to spare on the seat height. It's the clamshell effect.

I am aware that seat height and angle are separate functions.

I have run all the switches through their entire travel. You cannot get the front of the seat to be level. It is angled up even at it's lowest point. Maybe it's just me but I can't stand feeling like I'm being tilted too far backwards in my seat. It wouldn't be such a big issue if the rear of the seat held my butt up more.

I have actually fixed the problem by placing a folded up blanket towards the rear of the seat pad, a bolster so to speak, which raises up my rear and evens out my knee angle. It is 100% more comfortable. I'd recommend anyone out there who is my size and not really enjoying the seats, try this.

I am not opposed to Macgyver mods. Since I like the rest of my truck immensely, a few small mods here and there to make it more "comfortable" are perfectly acceptable :)

Edited by protovack

Seat height is not the issue--I have room to spare on the seat height. It's the clamshell effect.

I have run all the switches through their entire travel. You cannot get the front of the seat to be level. It is angled up even at it's lowest point. Maybe it's just me but I can't stand feeling like I'm being tilted too far backwards in my seat. It wouldn't be such a big issue if the rear of the seat held my butt up more.

I have actually fixed the problem by placing a folded up blanket towards the rear of the seat pad, a bolster so to speak, which raises up my rear and evens out my knee angle. It is 100% more comfortable. I'd recommend anyone out there who is my size and not really enjoying the seats, try this.

I am not opposed to Macgyver mods. Since I like the rest of my truck immensely, a few small mods here and there to make it more "comfortable" are perfectly acceptable :)

I think there's a switch that rotates the whole seat as a unit forward so the seat is more level and the back is more straight up, then you put the hack of the seat back to how you want it. I can't remember how it all does since I haven't had to fix the seat in a real long time. I do remember the front of the bottom seemed high at one time and I somehow adjusted it right to lower the front of the bottom to make it closer to level than it was.

The only other option would be to have an automotive trim shop remove the seat pad and shave an inch off the bottom/front of the pad where it sits in the frame, this will level the seat. It would be worth the gamble and a helluva' lot cheaper than trading up for another vehicle.

No need for mods if you have the optional seat controls. I can adjust the cushion level and then additionally independently raise or lower the front,or raise or lower the rear . The LT Convenience Package provides the 10 way adjust which in combo with the LT plus package adjustable pedals adapts the car to me instead of me adapting to it.

There was an older post where a taller guy who like the 'flat' seat bottom complained he had no headroom when it was adjusted how he wanted it.

Being a tall guy myself I thought he was crazy, but if you do level the bottom cushion with the power controls the seat is up very high so he was right.

I like the back of the seat bottom lower and knees up, but I'm sure some drivers dont. We had a '14 express Ram with manual seats for a while and I felt like I was going to slide off the front of the seat every time I stopped. The seat bottom was horizontal and I hated it, there were no adjustments for the tilt of the seat bottom. But you may like that seat angle.

Its a shame you had to buy the truck to figure out you dont like the seating. Myself I'm very happy with it and can spend 10 hours on the road with no problems, both my '15 with cloth and this '16 with leather feel the same to me. But not everyone is the same, I have bought cars/trucks I hated and took a huge loss bailing out after a few months. In the long run I was probably better off rather then getting annoyed every time I drove it for years. Only thing you can do is try to modify it to suit your tastes, I'm sure a quality auto upholstery shop can do whatever you want.

Poor ole GM they were trying to feed the needs of the majority...(BIG FAT ARSES) maybe they will come out with an optional seat for little skinny arses in the future hahahahaha made me laugh what a thread

I don't like the 10 way power driver's seat in my 2015. No matter how I adjust it I can't get it comfortable. Same as the OP the bottom rear center area is too softly sprung and the power mechanism doesn't provide a way to change the relationship between the rear of the base to the bottom of the backrest. I was able to get an old fashioned beaded seat cover and that improves the overall comfort except that the beaded cover is much too small for a full size pickup truck seat.

I actually rode in the non-power passenger seat yesterday for the first time and it was almost perfect.

The cure for all complaints about vehicle seating is to rent the Home Depot flatbed for a joy ride. In the 20 minutes it took to get the lawn tractor home I got an a$$ and kidney milkshake and the wife only stopped complaining long enough to blow chunks out the window. Next day we bought an Avalanche.

Just wrapping up a 7000 mile trip across the US in my '16 SLT...towing a TT. The seat comfort has been great. I'v adjusted a couple of times over long stretches and that keeps me in a comfort zone. I do use a small cushion for my lower back to increase lumbar support. I've had to do that with other vehicles I've owned. These seats are actually more comfortable than my 2008 Yukon Denali, although that was probably due to aging.

The seats in my 2016 remind me of the seats in my 1998 Camaro. Just like the original poster mentioned, the seat tends to have some cushion in the seat area so that you sorta sink into it. Personally, I really like the way the seats feel. They hold me in place and give me plenty of back support. My last truck, a F**d F-150 had seats like a park bench. After about 30 minutes, my back would get sore and I'd have to start shifting around to get comfortable or stop my back side from going to sleep. It's probably an ergonomics thing. We are all made differently, so not every seat feels comfortable to every person.

The seats in my 2016 remind me of the seats in my 1998 Camaro. Just like the original poster mentioned, the seat tends to have some cushion in the seat area so that you sorta sink into it. Personally, I really like the way the seats feel. They hold me in place and give me plenty of back support. My last truck, a F**d F-150 had seats like a park bench. After about 30 minutes, my back would get sore and I'd have to start shifting around to get comfortable or stop my back side from going to sleep. It's probably an ergonomics thing. We are all made differently, so not every seat feels comfortable to every person.

I'm a cloth seat guy. You mention your '98 Camaro so I'll mention my old '98 Silverado lol. It had cloth buckets with the center console (no middle seat) and the seats were comfortable, especially for being a '98. The seats in my '14 are no different. It took a few days of playing around with it to get it right since it has a lot more adjustment than the '98 had.

My 15 SLT - I noticed the front edge of the seat is always a bit to high compared to the seat itself ... though now I'm used to it. The rest of the seat supports me great.

My 04 LT was the best until the air lumbar died

My 07 LTZ was good

My 11 SLT was good

I used to sit on a thin wedge foam seat (1" to zero) in my Lincoln and it was very helpful

• 1 month later...

I also have a 2015 LTZ with the 10 way power adjustment and hate the drivers seat. It came with factory leather which I removed and replaced with 2016 cloth covers (took 14 hours!), which helped a little, the seams in the side bolsters dug into my thighs. But like a lot of other posters here, I think the foam is way too hard and the seat front doesn't tilt down far enough. I'm 5'11" 180 lbs and a few cheesburgers would probably help.

The other problem is that the pedals are too close to the seat. I have longer legs and a shorter upper body so either my knees are hitting the dash or I'm reaching forward to the steering wheel. It would help a lot if that freaking electrical box isn't where a left food dead pedal should be (I can't believe GM kept it there with this new body style, I hated it with the previous style too).

I've had (no lie) a 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, two 2009, a 2010 and a 2013 in addition to this 2015. I don't remember having such a miserable time with the seat in any of them.