2016 seats uncomfortable

Overall the bucket seats are narrow, the heated & cooled part is only the center, only the center is real leather, and the inner electrics are known for failure. As I said before - each newer year (generation) seems lees comfortable (to me)

If I were in charge ... for the $50,000 +- I'd make sure the drivers seat was very nice, a draw to bring happy former drivers to become new buyers

100% of the trucks use is driving in the drivers seat - DUH

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I have a 2016 extended cab LT. The seats are horrible. The bottom of the seat is bad. The back of the seat is crap. The headrest angle isn't adjustable. The seat belt only retracts in one place, compared to my 2000 that would retract on top and bottom. The front of the seat digs into the back of my legs. I also get back pain. A drive any further than 2 hours is torture. 

It just amazes me that pretty much everything about my 2000 Z71 LT was better in every way compared to the 2016. How did we take this many steps back? I should have kept the old truck. I wanted something newer and reliable. I actually went to a dealer to sit in different pickups to see if seats in other models were any different. I have the 40/60 or whatever it's called with the fold down middle seat. Even the trucks with the middle console are awful. If I can't figure out how to retrofit some old 2000 Silverado seats I may start shopping for an F-150. 

11 hours ago, rudyb said:

I have a 2016 extended cab LT. The seats are horrible. The bottom of the seat is bad. The back of the seat is crap. The headrest angle isn't adjustable. The seat belt only retracts in one place, compared to my 2000 that would retract on top and bottom. The front of the seat digs into the back of my legs. I also get back pain. A drive any further than 2 hours is torture. 

It just amazes me that pretty much everything about my 2000 Z71 LT was better in every way compared to the 2016. How did we take this many steps back? I should have kept the old truck. I wanted something newer and reliable. I actually went to a dealer to sit in different pickups to see if seats in other models were any different. I have the 40/60 or whatever it's called with the fold down middle seat. Even the trucks with the middle console are awful. If I can't figure out how to retrofit some old 2000 Silverado seats I may start shopping for an F-150. 

You may want to have this checked out at your dealer.  I also owned a 2000 (and a 2009) but I don't believe comfort has declined.  Fireblade74 commented on the adjustment.   This may be your issue.  

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if GM as stated in this topic went with Lear or other different seat manufacturer for the 2019 I have been holding off trading my uncomfortable high country because i want to stay with GM but if it ts going to have the same POS seats mine have im going to look at other brands 

I really like the bucket seats in my 15 SLT.  I still have my 2000 SLT with bucket seats as well.  Those seats are also great, but I actually prefer the 15 seats for long distance.  I'm 6'-2" 225 pounds so maybe that has something to do with it.  I also really like the seat in my 2000 Camaro SS.  Everybody seemed to complain about those, but not me.

On 9/23/2016 at 7:47 AM, Silvern Sentry said:

Well they are changing seat manufacturer in 2018 so it appears even GM is not satisfied with the seats.

http://thenewswheel.com/next-gen-silverado-sierra-will-have-better-seats-thanks-to-better-supplier-contracts/

Lets just hope they have the good sense to add rear seat vent too.

GM said this same thing when transitioning from GMT900 to K2XX generation in 2013 / 2014

I think the cloth seats are great in my 2016 LT... I have full power plus heated.... I had a Colorado, those seats were awful... I also really like the seats in my wife's 2016 Malibu... I drive around for a living as a sales rep and some days I am in the truck for 8 hours and I have no issues...

I almost got rid of my '16 after the first few months. The seats were hard and horrible. There is a horizontal bar running (3" or so up from the seat) in the seat back that is a real bitch. I had a sore lower back most of that time (and I never get a sore back). I even watched YouTube videos on how to properly adjust the seat. Compared to my '09, the newer seats suck. They still do in my truck, but they are more comfortable now after 65,000km.

• 10 months later...

Purchased a new 2019 Chevy Traverse, leather, and after a month, I'm ready to get rid of it. Kills my back. I turned in a GMC Acadia for that same reason. GM needs to fix their seats. I have never had issues with my Dodge or Ford. I've tried everything too. My wife doesn't have issues so, it's hers now. Im scared to even ride in the passenger seat. Horrible

Edited by Jeff Gates

• 4 months later...
On 2/13/2019 at 3:54 PM, Jeff Gates said:

Purchased a new 2019 Chevy Traverse, leather, and after a month, I'm ready to get rid of it. Kills my back. I turned in a GMC Acadia for that same reason. GM needs to fix their seats. I have never had issues with my Dodge or Ford. I've tried everything too. My wife doesn't have issues so, it's hers now. Im scared to even ride in the passenger seat. Horrible

Me too.  I find most vehicles today are made for short/small drivers.  The seats adjustment isn't enough to offset the hardness in seat.  I find nerve pain when driving distance of an hour.  My 2010 w/leather was better than the Denali seats I have now.  Not sure where to turn because it feels like industry is going the way of airlines, as if I care who is in the truck with me.

• 1 month later...

Bringing this back from the dead.  I'm in a 2015 SLT, I've recently noticed the bottom of the seat has a hump in it as best I can describe the feeling, no not lumbar support, the seat itself where you place your buns has a hump.  It's toward the rear bottom, feels like there's a peak dead center just before the bottom meets the seat back.  They are heated/cooled seats, I get in them a lot pretty damp from the river.  Not sure if water/moisture would cause something under there to warp or dis-form, but it's pretty damn uncomfortable.  Never had this issue until maybe a month ago, I'm the only owner of the vehicle.  Thought about adding a gel pad, would this mute the heated/vented option?  Would heat melt the gel?  Is there a fix I've overlooked somewhere?

Edit, I'm 5'8 165lb for reference.  

Edited by Skeeter McSkeet

• 1 month later...

My husband purchased a 2018 GMC Denali 3500 and we took a trip less than an hour away and my lower back and hips hurt. We then went to the keys a 12 hour drive and I was hurting for 2 days I am 5’1  ft and about 140  and I refuse to get in that truck again I have actually followed him in out 2002 GMC Sierra we have a 08 3500 and it’s comfortable we also have a 2007 2500 single cab work truck And  I would ride In that over his new $70K truck utnis putting a strain on our marriage as he is proud of his new truck and gets embarrassed when his wife of 12 years follows him in an older truck!