2016 seats uncomfortable

On 9/23/2016 at 12:42 AM, protovack said:

Anyone else feel the same way?

The padding in the butt area feels way too soft, no support. It just sinks right down. And I'm not a very heavy guy either--5'9 135lb.

In the seat, I feel like my knees are unnaturally high. Flexed up. I can't get the front of the seat to angle down enough. It forces your knees up. Your butt sinks down into the padding 2-3 inches.

It's giving me leg pain, and it's the only thing I don't like about my truck. It may end up causing me to trade or switch brands. It's really that bad for me.

Since I do like everything else about my truck, I've resorted to trying to place additional support in the butt area, blankets, wedges, you name it. None of it really helps that much.

Any tips?

You are right. I have a 2014 SLT Sierra 1500 and i cannot find a good spot. Ass hurts on the very back part and legs tilted upwards. My legs get tired and have to stop every hour to move around. I heard its with leather seats. Im going with cloth seats.

• 7 months later...
On 9/23/2016 at 11:02 AM, amxguy1970 said:

Yup, that right there is your problem. Put 135lbs on two twigs and it will dig and sink in to anything soft :crackup: Eat some more cheeseburgers or hit the gym (legs especially) and the seats will get much more comfortable! I will say the last two gens seats were more comfy (not by a ton) but the general complaints seem to be this model seats are firmer than the lounge chair padding of the earlier models.

Either way mine are very comfy, though I am 6'5 265. Can't help you much about the adjustments. Go check out another truck and see if it is the same...

Tyler

I've been driving my dads 2015 silverado for trips 2 hours each way.  I play around with the lumbar support and seat controls the whole time never getting comfortable and getting a sore back. I just happened to google it tonight and found im not the only one with the same problem! I'm also 6'5 but weigh 255. Its weird we have had cometely different experiences. 

• 8 months later...

Yeah man. I feel the exact same way.

I have the same issue with my 2015 2500 Silverado WT. So much so that I've replaced the cushion, talked with dealership, and even contacted custom seat manufacturers. I'd say the best remedy is contacting a company called Sheel Mann. They make amazingly comfortable seats and their sales team is extremely helpful. 

And for the record, everyone in this thread saying comfort is relative, or that is depends on your size, that's BS. These seats are pretty uncomfortable for anyone compared to competitors seats. And for someone with a bad back, they're a nightmare. I'm 28 years old and in very good competitive shape. I'm 6'2" and 190lbs. 

The biggest issue is that the ergonomics are terribly designed. Your knees should never be above your hips while sitting. And this seat leaves your knees a good half foot above your hips for a guy my height. 

My hamstrings hurt after half an hour driving in the OEM seats. 

But the Sheel Mann seats with the customer made seat bracket changed the game for me. 

Not cheap though! It was the most economical solution for me, but still ran me 2k. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Welcome to the site.

Right there with you, really the only thing I do not like about my truck are the seats.

Being 6'2" (like yourself), I can only do so many adjustments before my head is planted against the sunroof/roof. 

Edited by JimCost2014

• 2 weeks later...

The seats in this truck is the only thing I have found I absolutely hate. Everything else is pretty nice. The seats are just so uncomfortable. The only vehicle I have ever owned with worse was a Honda Pilot.

Edited by Byrds8
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have the same complaint. I don’t remember this issue on my ‘98 1500, ‘03 1500HD, then ‘05 2500HD. The HD had a  split bench seat (driver seat kinda a bucket)- I put 278,000 on that Duramax before I sold it. I drove a company ‘15 2500HD Denali after a couple decked out F350’s prior to the GMC. I drove between our business locations with some 8-9 hour drives, usually averaging 4 hours at a sitting on some trips. I bought a 2018 Sierra 2500HD for personal use and have some 8-9 hr. Trips to Green Bay. The GM seats kill me- the best relief is using cruise control then my leg behind my knee comes off the seat. I went to JoAnn fabrics and bought foam to sit on- 4 pieces currently 4 7/8 thick under my rear. This is not a leather seat. I just measured and the least difference from the back to the front of the seat is 3 1/2 inches approximately. I  had a blood clot in my right leg that was over 24” long they said ( from just below my crouch to my foot). Maybe truck seats did this? Not seating in an airplane like they thought. I looked at a new truck yesterday- 2022 Sierra 2500HD SLT because I heard the seats were changed. They look the same. Someone said they heard removing the seat and shimming up the rear- haven’t tried. My 2018 has only 24,000 miles on it. I’m looking at trading it because I want leather (dog hair) and camping mirrors. I may be eating a lot of crow- a lot - if I buy a F250. I’m 6’1” and 220 lbs. My wife has a cushion that I bought at Loves Truck Stop because of the discomfort. Help! I won’t like crow. 1 gentleman’s post said the hip shouldn’t be lower than  the knee. Sorry about the book I wrote. I’m just about DONE.