2017 Denali and iPhone question

I just traded my 08 Sierra Denali for a 2017 Denali with All-Terrain wheels and no running boards. I have an iPhone 6s and I can't seem to get Text notifications to work and when the phone is connected via bluetooth it eats all the sounds that the phone makes for all sorts of email and app notifications, the only sound I get is if a get a call.

Is it possible to have the phone paired and still hear all the sounds the phone would be making if it was not paired? To add: it does not matter if the phone or truck makes the sound, I just want to hear them.

After you initially set up bluetooth between your iPhone and GMC go out of Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and right back into bluetooth settings and click on GMC Intellilink and check the enable notifications then back out and all should work after that.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I tried both the car play with the cable connected and changing the bluetooth setting on the phone. Both work for text notifications only. So I now can only hear the text alert or the phone ring and nothing else from the phone. I need to hear the sounds for the other notifications I get from 2 mail apps and some others. I guess I have to just turn off Bluetooth on the phone and kick it old school with the handset to make calls. The 2015 and 2017 BMW has the same problem. I was hoping it would work in the truck since it's my daily driver but it's not that big of a deal to me to leave Bluetooth off and keep the phone separate from the car...I've been doing it for years and I don't talk on the phone too often while driving. I do like to hear the notifications, so I know what I need to look at when I stop at a red light.

My little rant: While I love technology, in the long run, it takes more from us than it gives. Before the cell phone was affordable, you could get away from work just by being in the car. Now the smart phone brings the power of every type of communication available and work chases us where ever we go...The power of all this convenience has taken much of our freedom.

My little rant: While I love technology, in the long run, it takes more from us than it gives. Before the cell phone was affordable, you could get away from work just by being in the car. Now the smart phone brings the power of every type of communication available and work chases us where ever we go...The power of all this convenience has taken much of our freedom.

Only if you let it. I personally don't use my phone at all in the truck and as an aside I don't think I've even turned on the tunes while driving my old 280Z in probably 5 years, lol. Sunny day, windows down, no tech Oh yeah.

I'm not all that pleased at what they've done with the 17's over the 16's and below infotainment center. There is no native Pandora app button. Must attach to USB then tap Projection, the Air Play comes up. On my daughters 16 SLE, Pandora is a native app. I can find nobody with an answer to this. Asked dealer, no clue - myGMC.com - No Clue, OnStar- No clue. And FWIW, no... it's not on the SHOP app either.

I usually just plug it in and run with that. Still can get/send txt messages (by voice only) and voice to phone. Very few items that can be accessed on the iPhone. Android supposedly is better and more options.

Had a great thread discussion about CarPlay and AndroidAuto here on these forums. My verdict is AndroidAuto is superior in many ways and the winner. The probably is overall I prefer iOS over Android as an operating system I use everyday on my phone. Therefore I have been 'suffering' with the worse of two auto interfaces. I put suffering in quotes because both AndroidAuto and CarPlay are both better operating systems than the stock infotainment system. The faster I can get out of the stock infotainment center and into CarPlay the better.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys a little off topic but still related, how can I disable notifications on the infotainment but still have them occur on my phone. Very awkward when you're driving with someone you don't know well or your parents or a side chick

Archived