iPhone is continually lowered when connect to GMC

Well finding this thread ,now I know I am not crazy.

Bought the truck about 6 weeks ago and the first few times I connected via Bluetooth with my iphone,  I found my volume down.

Thought I accidently turned the volume down myself at first but started thinking it might be an issue with the radio.

Didn't really had time to look into it and in the mean time

I updated the iphone trough  the new software notice on my phone and I noticed that I don't have that issue anymore.Well  for now the issue seems to be resolved.

I personally linked the correction of the issue to the phone's software update. Maybe I am wrong but I think it's worth the try .

On 7/12/2019 at 5:17 AM, rmkmb said:

Well finding this thread ,now I know I am not crazy.

Bought the truck about 6 weeks ago and the first few times I connected via Bluetooth with my iphone,  I found my volume down.

Thought I accidently turned the volume down myself at first but started thinking it might be an issue with the radio.

Didn't really had time to look into it and in the mean time

I updated the iphone trough  the new software notice on my phone and I noticed that I don't have that issue anymore.Well  for now the issue seems to be resolved.

I personally linked the correction of the issue to the phone's software update. Maybe I am wrong but I think it's worth the try .

I have iOS 12.3.1 and still same problem. My dealership maintenance department tells me it’s a wide known issue, but GM has yet to fix it. My 2016 Silverado did not do this. I have noticed this radio seems to somehow take complete control over my phone volume.  The phone thinks this radio is a pair of Bluetooth headphones and not a radio. I can adjust the volume on my radio and watch the volume icon on my phone change. Whatever is causing this, it needs to be fixed ASAP. I’m still thinking it’s the truck radio.

Edited by Dennis Edwards

Mine started doing this at about 2500 miles as I didn't notice it before then.  The ONLY time it doesn't do this is if I am listening to music on my phone in the truck and then shut off the truck.  Then when I get back into the truck and start it, it reconnects and the volume is right where I left it and the music picks up right where it stopped. ...which is pretty nice.

However, I have missed many calls because the volume is so low I cannot hear the phone ringing at all when its connected and I only catch the call if I happen to look over at the infotainment screen.

On 2019-07-18 at 5:02 PM, Dennis Edwards said:

I have iOS 12.3.1 and still same problem. My dealership maintenance department tells me it’s a wide known issue, but GM has yet to fix it. My 2016 Silverado did not do this. I have noticed this radio seems to somehow take complete control over my phone volume.  The phone thinks this radio is a pair of Bluetooth headphones and not a radio. I can adjust the volume on my radio and watch the volume icon on my phone change. Whatever is causing this, it needs to be fixed ASAP. I’m still thinking it’s the truck radio.

I still am ok for now.if ever you get a fix from dealer let us know. I will get mine checked so it doesn’t happen again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2019 Silerado.  Same problem.  When connected to bluetooth in the truck, the volume turns down but does not turn up when exiting the truck.  I think it is the safety nazis at GM that have set the infotainment system to cut the volume down when on bluetooth so that if you receive a text or email you not receive the notification and look at it.  It is a major pain.  Have missed a bunch of calls.  GM should not do this.  It should be an option and be able to disable by the vehicle owner!

14 minutes ago, Chevyfan86 said:

I have a 2019 Silerado.  Same problem.  When connected to bluetooth in the truck, the volume turns down but does not turn up when exiting the truck.  I think it is the safety nazis at GM that have set the infotainment system to cut the volume down when on bluetooth so that if you receive a text or email you not receive the notification and look at it.  It is a major pain.  Have missed a bunch of calls.  GM should not do this.  It should be an option and be able to disable by the vehicle owner!

Wait, if it's connected to Bluetooth in the truck why would you be missing calls? 

47 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Wait, if it's connected to Bluetooth in the truck why would you be missing calls? 

Because the only way you know someone is calling is the music goes off, no sound and maybe a phone number will show up on truck display.

Have to reach over and turn volume up on truck to hear whoever is calling.

Not only 2019’s. We have a 2020 2500HD. Same issue 

• Like 1

The calls are missed when you leave the truck.  The phone volume can be wide open when you get in the truck and will automatically go to zero when it connects to bluetooth.  When you get out of the truck it stays at zero.  I do not set my iphone to vibrate unless I switch it to silent.  So when you get out of the truck with the volume changed to zero, it does not ring or notify you of any text or emails unless you turn the volume up when you get out of the truck.  This is why the calls are missed.  I have not found any setting on the truck or my iphone to change this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, ok, I understand, the way I read it is when you're connected to bluetooth you've missed calls. I didn't realize when you've left the vehicle. Sorry, my misunderstand.