iPhone is continually lowered when connect to GMC

3 minutes ago, AJMBLAZER said:

The problem that most people have is that the phones actual ringer volume is set very low and remains so even after you get out of the vehicle.

Exactly!  The truck lowers the phone volume to almost so low you can’t hear it once you get out of your truck.   Wifey and I both have iPhones and trucks and both do it.

• Like 1

The problem that most people have is that the phones actual ringer volume is set very low and remains so even after you get out of the vehicle.

Gotcha. I don’t experience that problem.

I typically leave mine on silent/vibrate anyway but even when mine is in ring mode, the phone’s ringer volume goes back to normal once it’s disconnected from the truck.

If it matters, I have an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.2.2. Not sure what version my trucks Infotainment OS is but it’s a 2020 Sierra HD. It says it’s there’s no update available so I assume it’s up to date.

• 2 weeks later...

To prevent iPhone from lowering volume automatically go to your iPhone Settings - Sounds&Haptics - Change with Buttons needs to be turned OFF 

Someone said this before in this post it has worked for me and my buddy I have 19 Sierra he has 19 Silverado 

good luck

15 hours ago, VGZPRT said:

To prevent iPhone from lowering volume automatically go to your iPhone Settings - Sounds&Haptics - Change with Buttons needs to be turned OFF 

Someone said this before in this post it has worked for me and my buddy I have 19 Sierra he has 19 Silverado 

good luck

This did not work for me. Mine still lowers the ringer very low. Im not sure what the problem is. 

17 hours ago, VGZPRT said:

good luck

That’s an OK idea if it works for you, but it means that you can’t change the ringer volume of you phone with the buttons anymore!  Most people (that I know) use those buttons regularly.  
I’m not bashing your suggestion at all, just bitching that we still don’t have a fix for this!!

On 12/9/2019 at 8:20 PM, VGZPRT said:

good luck

Didn't work for me either, Iphone 11Pro

I went into several apps and disabled Bluetooth, in my case disabling Bluetooth for Facebook solved the problem, for some unknown reason many apps ask you to use Bluetooth now but they don’t need it.  I know I never use Bluetooth with Facebook but it was turned on. If you disable Bluetooth on your phone and use the cable that works too but it’s kind of a pain.

2019 LT Z71 Trail Boss: 9,500 Miles

I am almost positive that it is related to Bluetooth.  My iPhone 8+ on v.13.1.3 and previous versions would always experience this volume issue.  Recently, my daughter wanted to watch YouTube on my phone but didn't want the sound to play over the speakers - just the phone.  So I disconnected my phone from Bluetooth on the truck.  Since then, the volume has not been lowering when I get into my truck.  I usually connect my phone to USB & Bluetooth.  But lately, it has only been USB.  no volume issue since...  So.. Sounds like could be a Bluetooth issue!

On 12/18/2019 at 11:40 AM, Jack Christensen said:

2019 LT Z71 Trail Boss: 9,500 Miles

I am almost positive that it is related to Bluetooth.  My iPhone 8+ on v.13.1.3 and previous versions would always experience this volume issue.  Recently, my daughter wanted to watch YouTube on my phone but didn't want the sound to play over the speakers - just the phone.  So I disconnected my phone from Bluetooth on the truck.  Since then, the volume has not been lowering when I get into my truck.  I usually connect my phone to USB & Bluetooth.  But lately, it has only been USB.  no volume issue since...  So.. Sounds like could be a Bluetooth issue!

Ive had the same issue with the volume changing on my iPhone 11 Max Pro  in my 2018 Terrain, it was driving me crazy. I searched the web trying to fix this issue. Well Jack you fixed it for me! I disconnected just the Bluetooth connection and only hookup to USB/Carplay and this fixed it for me as well.

I know Apple plays loose with the Bluetooth spec so I believe its there implantation as in the past I had issues with headphones until updates would eventually fix those...

I just got an iPhone 11 yesterday and noticed my volume turned down as well. I turned the "change volume with buttons" selector off but haven't checked to see if it worked yet. I came from a Samsung and never had any issues with connectivity in the truck. 

Mine did the same thing, I also noticed the truck states "phone not connected" but the phone is connected and i can send and receive calls. I wonder if this is a related issue to the Service ESC message and the recent flash I had performed by the dealer... I really wish I never took my truck for the recall... I had 0 issues until they reprogrammed the brake module.