iPhone is continually lowered when connect to GMC

• 2 weeks later...

Have the same issue, was told by service that it was known but no fix.  Sounds to me as if GM Is pretty non responsive once they make the sale.  This has been a issue with me for 9 months now and if a fix doesn’t come soon I’m looking at Ford or Dodge.  Loosing too many business calls by forgetting to turn it back up on the phone.  It’s no benefit to have the features of the infotainment center if you can’t use them.  

Yes it is annoying but now that I'm used to it I've mentally adjusted....and it's not just on entry/exit. If you're running Car-Play and listening to music coming from the phone, an incoming call or text will interrupt the music and kill the volume. Also took forever to figure out that each function (music, maps, etc) has it's own master volume. Why? I guarantee this is a  "feature" some idiot in product development thought was a good idea,  operations won't address it until they get a documented design change. ?

Hey, all. If you haven't already, we recommend reaching out to your dealership to set up an appointment. Our team is happy to connect with them on your behalf. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/ GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

7 minutes ago, GMCustomerService said:

Hey, all. If you haven't already, we recommend reaching out to your dealership to set up an appointment. Our team is happy to connect with them on your behalf. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/ GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

Hey, Aleigha.   I'm noticing the same (I think) on my 2017 GMC Acadia SLT2.   My wife's iPHONE Xs works perfectly.   My iphone Xr via bluetooth doesn't make phone calls but I'll check when I get in the truck again.   Could be my volume is turned down and I can't hear the vehicles phone prompts.    I'm going to make an appointment with my dealer soon because I only have one month left in warranty.  I know for a fact that my iPhone worked perfectly for several years and just quit working recently.   

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2020 GMC AT4 and like all are saying above this is happening to me. Same symptoms. I turned off the Bluetooth and WiFi (disconnected my phone) and it stops turning the volume down. As soon as I connect to the infotainment system, my volume goes to zero and it doesn’t matter if i turn it up, it just turns it back down. Not just one time, either. I’ve tried all the remedies mentioned above. All the settings. It’s the pickup doing it - not the phone. 

Edited by 2020GMCAT4

Just adding my truck to the list. Same issue drives me crazy because of I forget my alarm gets turned way down. Almost missed work. 20 Denali 

15 hours ago, eppieguy said:

I tried what the bulletin says before and I tried it again today, still does the same thing, no change, doesn’t work.

Hmm, worked for me. Is your problem with an iPhone?