Thanks Phil, Damn-it should have done my research prior to install and not after, I was counting A1 Auto helping but they were not at all helpful ... ok so at this point I need to tap into the wires connected to X500/x600 connector for corresponding pins #9, 11 & 41. Can you get to the back of that connector in the door jams on each side? Do you have any idea what color the corresponding wires are? Thanks for all the help/info

• Like 1

Thanks Phil, Damn-it should have done my research prior to install and not after, I was counting A1 Auto helping but they were not at all helpful ... ok so at this point I need to tap into the wires connected to X500/x600 connector for corresponding pins #9, 11 & 41. Can you get to the back of that connector in the door jams on each side? Do you have any idea what color the corresponding wires are? Thanks for all the help/info

They are a pain to get to, but possible. You’ll want to pull the connector out and into the footwell area. On the driver side, push the ebrake all the way in. You’ll see an opening where you can sneak the connector out and into the door well. The back of the connector will have #s. Just make sure you count and recount. I have the color scheme but I am not at my computer.

For the passenger side, you’ll have to remove some bolts to the HVAC cover. Same thing, remove the connector into the footwell.

You’ll get some cuts in your hands... be patient.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, bigdogjim said:

Phil's DIY kit was easy to do especially with the detailed instructions that come along with them...

• Like 1

Hi pgamboa, I've been following this thread for some time and upgraded my 2016 suburban LT mirrors to the DL3 mirrors I added the power fold switch as well. From what I had read it would likely be plug and play, but it hasn't quite been.

Driver side:
-power folds
-memory function works
-power adjustment works
-puddle lamp and turn signal do not turn on

Passenger side:
-does not power fold
-memory function works
-power adjustment works

Would your custom harness work for my case?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi pgamboa, I've been following this thread for some time and upgraded my 2016 suburban LT mirrors to the DL3 mirrors I added the power fold switch as well. From what I had read it would likely be plug and play, but it hasn't quite been.

Driver side:

-power folds

-memory function works

-power adjustment works

Passenger side:

-does not power fold

-memory function works

-power adjustment works

Would your custom harness work for my case?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This thread is for 2014 - 2018 Silverado / Sierra Trucks. I don’t know what the circuits look like on SUVs so I can’t offer any suggestions except for trying in the SUV group.

I have a 2016 Silverado LT that about a year ago I upgraded to DL3 mirrors with the help of this site. As I recall I re pinned harness and added the folding option door switch. Everything works great power fold, puddle lamps turn signal and defrost. I recently bought a trailer and found a set of GM DPS tow mirrors. Should they just plug and play or will I have to do something else.Since the tow mirrors don't have power fold option, should I put the original switch back in? And one more question,  after purchasing these DPS mirrors I notice that the drivers side (23351790K) has the wires cut on pins 1 &2. Not sure why? they are an orange and yellow wire that I see up in the harness. I can re wire these, but if they were part of a power fold I wouldn't bother. Any help as always is appreciated.

• Like 1

I have a 2016 Silverado LT that about a year ago I upgraded to DL3 mirrors with the help of this site. As I recall I re pinned harness and added the folding option door switch. Everything works great power fold, puddle lamps turn signal and defrost. I recently bought a trailer and found a set of GM DPS tow mirrors. Should they just plug and play or will I have to do something else.Since the tow mirrors don't have power fold option, should I put the original switch back in? And one more question,  after purchasing these DPS mirrors I notice that the drivers side (23351790K) has the wires cut on pins 1 &2. Not sure why? they are an orange and yellow wire that I see up in the harness. I can re wire these, but if they were part of a power fold I wouldn't bother. Any help as always is appreciated.

Not sure what a DPS mirror is, but if you’re saying they are Manual Fold Tow Mirrors, then they are DPN.

Your modified harnesses won’t work since the lighting circuits are routed differently - except for the turn signals. Puddle lamps are different and are not on tow mirrors. Tow mirrors have a running Lamp (park Lamp)
and a cargo Lamp. These are pins 1 and 2 (respectively) on the mirros and you’re saying they were cut.

3a9b82a2e2ced9a9ae6a31c5ede3a292.jpg

yes, DPN. What is difference between parking and cargo lights? Thanks

Cargo light is the white LED that shines rearward. Activated by the Cargo Light Button in your Instrument Panel.

Park Lamps/Running Lamps/Marker Lamps/Clearance Lamps (all terms used interchangeably) is the Amber forward shining light that is on anytime your headlights are on.

I started reading through this post but there's just too many pages. I was going to see if someone asked the question that I'm about to ask. Seeing as how pgamboa has lots of great information and seems to be the man with the plan so to speak. I have a 2016 Gmc Sierra All Terrain. I have theDL3 mirrors that power fold with heat auto dim memory features etc. I'm wanting to upgrade to the DQS tow mirror. Is this a plug and play option or is there some pins that have to be changed around in order to get the Amber's and cargo lights to function correctly?

20180912_234049.jpg

• Like 1

I started reading through this post but there's just too many pages. I was going to see if someone asked the question that I'm about to ask. Seeing as how pgamboa has lots of great information and seems to be the man with the plan so to speak. I have a 2016 Gmc Sierra All Terrain. I have theDL3 mirrors that power fold with heat auto dim memory features etc. I'm wanting to upgrade to the DQS tow mirror. Is this a plug and play option or is there some pins that have to be changed around in order to get the Amber's and cargo lights to function correctly?
20180912_234049.thumb.jpg.a00b7ca7790ff8151e5e2c370a611076.jpg

It won’t be Plug and Play if you just installed the DQS Mirrors. The cargo Lamp won’t work, the running Lamp will behave like your Puddle Lamp (only coming at night when you unlock your doors with the key fob only).

The mirror connector pins can be removed but the pins on the door jamb connector cannot unless you have a terminal removal tool. This tool is about $60 on eBay, $100 retail. If you get the tool the wires you need unpin and move around won’t be long enough to reach their new destination.

I’ve got a DIY Kit for $65 Shipped anywhere in the US to make this right.

If you want the ease of the removing the old harnesses and installing the new harnesses, these are $285 shipped plus I refund $100 when you send me your Factory harnesses.

I also have a source via a GM Parts Supplier that can get these mirrors for lower than what you would normally find online.

PM me for more details on moving forward.

I upgraded my 2016 GMC DL3 mirrors to the 1A Auto Towing Mirrors, and used pgamboa's modified wiring harnesses the get full functionality.  The harnesses worked perfectly! Thanks Phil for providing a great product.

Attached are a few pics of the installation.

IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

• Like 1