Hi how is it going, I have a question. So I have a 2015 Silverado LT 1500. I did NOT have power fold mirrors. I had the ones you have to fold in by hand.

i didn’t do any research and I went out and bought some power fold mirrors from who knows what year model. Everything fit right in. Except for the switch connector for the power fold mirrors. The harness that was in my door panel did not fit the new DL3 switch connector.. So I thought maybe I could get around it if I bought some new panels. So I went out and bought some high country door panels and everything plugged right in. But the switch connectors for the power mirrors weren’t working at all. They had no power. I couldn’t even adjust the mirror or anything. I had to put my original door panel back on and my original switch connector for the regular DL8 mirrors. Those are the only controls working. So the switch connector for my DL8 mirrors can control my DL3 mirrors but obviously can’t fold them in and the turn signals also obviously doesn’t work.

so now I’m hundreds of dollars in the home only for my DL3 mirrors not to work. So now I see I need a custom made hardness. I wish I would have seen this sooner.

so my question is:
Hypothetically speaking, couldn’t I just go take the harness off the door of a ltz or high country and put it in my door ?

Hi how is it going, I have a question. So I have a 2015 Silverado LT 1500. I did NOT have power fold mirrors. I had the ones you have to fold in by hand.
i didn’t do any research and I went out and bought some power fold mirrors from who knows what year model. Everything fit right in. Except for the switch connector for the power fold mirrors. The harness that was in my door panel did not fit the new DL3 switch connector.. So I thought maybe I could get around it if I bought some new panels. So I went out and bought some high country door panels and everything plugged right in. But the switch connectors for the power mirrors weren’t working at all. They had no power. I couldn’t even adjust the mirror or anything. I had to put my original door panel back on and my original switch connector for the regular DL8 mirrors. Those are the only controls working. So the switch connector for my DL8 mirrors can control my DL3 mirrors but obviously can’t fold them in and the turn signals also obviously doesn’t work.

so now I’m hundreds of dollars in the home only for my DL3 mirrors not to work. So now I see I need a custom made hardness. I wish I would have seen this sooner.

so my question is:
Hypothetically speaking, couldn’t I just go take the harness off the door of a ltz or high country and put it in my door ?

Yep. Unfortunately, the harnesses you bought for those mirrors, the switch, the door panels, etc won’t work. Reason is because they are configured for trucks with seat/mirror memory. In a memory configured truck, the commands to move mirrors, fold, etc are handled differently than trucks without. This is why custom harnesses and specific switches are needed. The reason the switch doesn’t quite fit the connector in your DL8 harness is because GM used a different connector on purpose. If you forced the switch (like many do), you’ll blow a fuse (Fuse #8 on the driver side fuse panel). If you replaced the wiring (or door panels) you will also lose all mirror control (which you said you did).

So... you have to revert all the wiring back to factory. Reinstall your factory switch. Replace fuse #8 if it’s blown.

Order the harness from the site (you found the link), order the fold switch I have on the site as well.

https://harnessdr.com/product/gm-power-fold-switch-23154702/

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know how to reply to your response directly from earlier. So I’m replying on here. All that makes perfect sense. So I’ll most likely end up buying the harness. But do I HAVE to buy the switch? I bought 2 DL3 switch controls already.

i spent a lot of money buying the switches. I but I did notice on the link you gave me, the switch you want me to buy has a different shape where it connects. I did notice on your thread it says to notice the difference. I have the one on this picture. The one you want me to buy is the other one.. is there any way I can use this one I got?

E7877D8B-CD9A-4786-AB88-71CF597BBA2E.jpeg

I just read the guys response about why u need the special switch. Okay i understand now. 

I suggest trying to return or sell any of those parts you bought.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2017 at 4:29 PM, Black Denali Canada said:

I'm in the process of upgrading the factory full featured power fold mirrors on my 2017 Sierra Denali to the full featured power fold tow mirrors.

I have to say that @pgamboa has been a massive help & I mean massive! The time, quality and effort he has put into his gear is incredible ! Looks and performs as good (if not better) than OEM !

Here's a sneak peak:

7e14fd3f6846dcd1f7a372f297d63b90.jpg

I'm close to picking up a 2017 Denali and want to do the same thing! Just can't get a straight answer as to whether it's doable since the truck has the lane departure system. Did yours? Any issues?

On 2/23/2017 at 4:29 PM, Black Denali Canada said:

I'm in the process of upgrading the factory full featured power fold mirrors on my 2017 Sierra Denali to the full featured power fold tow mirrors.

I have to say that @pgamboa has been a massive help & I mean massive! The time, quality and effort he has put into his gear is incredible ! Looks and performs as good (if not better) than OEM !

Here's a sneak peak:

7e14fd3f6846dcd1f7a372f297d63b90.jpg

I'm close to picking up a 2017 Denali and want to do the same thing! Just can't get a straight answer as to whether it's doable since the truck has the lane departure system. Did yours? Any issues?

Lane departure warning doesn’t have anything to do with the mirror upgrade.

8 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Lane departure warning doesn’t have anything to do with the mirror upgrade.

That's surprising. The GMC site specifically says the OEM mirrors aren't available if you have that feature and I believe the stock mirrors have a camera on the underside to facilitate it so even if it's just a matter of not having the camera anymore it seems like that would have an impact. What am I missing?

I just completed my DL3 to DQS mirror swap this weekend.  I scoured eBay for months, I got my passenger mirror (factory takeoff) for $140 3 months ago, and had been searching for the drivers side ever since.  I finally found a divers side, it had a couple scuff marks on the manual extending arm, but I ended up getting it for $150 so I can look past the minor scuffs.  I ended up getting both DQS mirrors for under $300, instead of $1000+ from the factory or one of the GM part sites.  @pgamboa has been amazing with all the questions I had.  I ordered his harnesses and this past weekend put everything in.  I watched his mirror swap video numerous times which was extremely helpful.  It took me a little while to do the first side mainly because I had never done anything like this before, but it only took me 30 mins to do the 2nd mirror.  If anyone is looking to do this upgrade, please contact him and buy his harnesses, everything was plug and play.  Only thing I have left to do now is get some boost auto sequential switchbacks for the marker lights and ill be good to go.  thanks again @pgamboa!!!!!!

Okay, another future upgrader here. If I get the 1A auto mirrors with puddle lights does the DIY kit from pgamboa have the wire to make the mod to the harness? I have seen a kit from boost auto but that does not have the puddle light. I assume the 2018 is wired in the fender for this already (DL3) so just need to modify the harness correct? Thanks.

2018 Silverado LT Z71, CC ST BD 5.3 (DL8)

Okay, another future upgrader here. If I get the 1A auto mirrors with puddle lights does the DIY kit from pgamboa have the wire to make the mod to the harness? I have seen a kit from boost auto but that does not have the puddle light. I assume the 2018 is wired in the fender for this already (DL3) so just need to modify the harness correct? Thanks.

2018 Silverado LT Z71, CC ST BD 5.3 (DL8)

My DIY Kits are built specific to the mirrors you are installing. I responded to your email. Check your spam if you didn’t receive it.