26 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

This is all correct. Also, I validate each build to ensure that it is Plug and Play by the time they are installed. Before ordering the harnesses, I would have you perform a quick battery test to see how the lights behave. Not all mirrors are built or wired to GM specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would this not be able to utilize one of your diy kits? I’m just trying to wrap my head around this it seems very confusing. Thanks for the help!

Would this not be able to utilize one of your diy kits? I’m just trying to wrap my head around this it seems very confusing. Thanks for the help!

Yes. If you are DIY Inclined, you can make the modifications yourself. PM me for info.

30 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

This is all correct. Also, I validate each build to ensure that it is Plug and Play by the time they are installed. Before ordering the harnesses, I would have you perform a quick battery test to see how the lights behave. Not all mirrors are built or wired to GM specs.

Would I not be able to utilize one of your diy kits? This all seems kind of confusing to me. Thanks for your help!

Can anyone tell me what the female pins in the molex connector on the body (between the A pillar and the door) are called?  I am in Australia and would like to add extra wires to operate the cargo lights in the tow mirrors I have bought, but I cannot match the female pins which go into the molex connector at the A pillar.  Does anyone know their precise name and specification so that I can see if I can get them here in Australia without sending for them to the US?  Truck is a 2019 Silverado 2500HD.

Picture of the molex connector attached.

molex plug door.jpg

• 1 month later...

So after reading thru this post, i was hoping to find a mention of a good source for the DL3 mirrors themselves. i have searched and found many online places that list their mirrors as DL3 and compatible, but rather ask the group since most have already done the upgrade.

I was considering salvage yards for factory mirrors, but also looked at gmpartsdirect.com

Is there any other sources worth a look?

• 2 weeks later...

I had my tow mirrors purchased from GM and installed by the dealership.
Installed Phil Gamboa's harness this weekend and it works fantastic!
I sent pics and vids to Phil and he is free to post them should he desire.
Not sure how his harness will work on non-factory tow mirrors as the dealership replaced my entire door harness with a new one.
I guess, if anyone needs a stock door harness for one without factory tow mirrors, I have them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, tired messaging you but it said you couldn't receive messages? I have been a member for a while but don't post much, maybe that is why. Anyway here is my message I was going to send you. 

Hi, was reading through your posts on mirror upgrades, you've done an impressive amount of research. I bought a pair of factory 2015 2500HD take-off's thinking they would just plug in and go on my 2017 1500 SLT. Wrong! The plug is the same, the turn signal works, I quit trying other options because I didn't want to fry anything. 

I really don't want to change my whole door harness. I spent 20 years doing automotive electrical for a living so I'm not worried about "plug and play". I would rather pay you for your knowledge than spend hours trying to figure everything out on my own though. I was able to search and find my mirror part numbers referenced, but they aren't a popular number. I also read on your post I may need to have my BCM flashed, hope that isn't the case. My wife doesn't drive the truck much and when she does she uses my keys, so I am not really worried about memory mirror settings.

I guess lets start from here and see what else you need. 

Thanks, Scott

Seller Notes: Taken Off New 2015 Chevrolet Silverado by Dealer at time of Purchase. Like New Condition. Been stored in box since 2015.
Material: Plastic Manufacturer Part Number:

23241621 and 23241622

@pgamboa

When you are building a custom PNP mirror harness for towing mirrors can you add the following mods or would these be required to purchase from someone like boost auto:

Rear facing lights to act as Cargo and Reverse

Dual function signal and running lights

Cargo lights in drive

Ok there is a lot of information here and I want to make sure and get the right things/harness. I have an early 2015 2500HD Duramax and am going from the car like mirrors to the tow mirrors without auto folding. I’ve put them on the truck and the mirror adjustment works but nothing else. (Not sure about the heating cause the suns out) What do I need to look for and which harness will I need. Thanks in advance.

Jason

Ok there is a lot of information here and I want to make sure and get the right things/harness. I have an early 2015 2500HD Duramax and am going from the car like mirrors to the tow mirrors without auto folding. I’ve put them on the truck and the mirror adjustment works but nothing else. (Not sure about the heating cause the suns out) What do I need to look for and which harness will I need. Thanks in advance.

Jason

• 4 weeks later...

Another shout out for pgamboa.  Purchased his DL8 to DQS harness with the optional harness for the signal lights.  Everything is absolutely factory functional and appearing.  Took about 90 min to do the full swap, and I love it.  Thanks Phil!!!

Edited by WVTILLIDIE
  • Like 1