Okay, the diode mod is done. Now I have a bright puddle light like you I expected.

Frank, I unplugged the grey connector pictured above. Seems like I was able to push the side without the stripe in until I felt it bottom in the plug. On the end with the stripe I could not get it to go in as far but the lights work as they should when I plugged the grey connector back in. About 5 minutes worth of work thanks to PGamboa's efforts.

• Like 1

I have a question about upgrading DL3 to tow mirrors. I have a 2016 Silverado High Country that I would like to add tow mirrors to. I tried to order TRMRP00045 through A1 but am being told they will not work with my truck. Im fine with losing the power folding option, but just trying to see if it'll plug and play otherwise. 

47 minutes ago, Eddie 70 said:

Okay, the diode mod is done. Now I have a bright puddle light like you I expected.

Frank, I unplugged the grey connector pictured above. Seems like I was able to push the side without the stripe in until I felt it bottom in the plug. On the end with the stripe I could not get it to go in as far but the lights work as they should when I plugged the grey connector back in. About 5 minutes worth of work thanks to PGamboa's efforts.

So do they light up during the day or only at night?

21 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

So do they light up during the day or only at night?

My truck was in the garage when I checked the puddle lights earlier. So we know it works in the not so bright lights of the garage.  I would assume it comes on with the dome light since that is the circuit applying power through the diode.

Finished the install of the DL3 mirrors this morning. Thanks for doing the leg work pgamboa!!

Now, when I was connecting the mirrors up I noticed one of the wires that I added was for dimming. My rear view mirror is not self dimming. How difficult is that to add?

Will the harness from a 2017 1500 fit a 2017 2500 both LT trim ?? Purchasing a set that was installed On a 1500 with the harness For my 2500.  

edit: I mean will the harness work properly, I’m sure it will plug in

edit 2: Will I even need a harness because the mirrors are going on a 2500?

Edited by Durfeeg94

Finished the install of the DL3 mirrors this morning. Thanks for doing the leg work pgamboa!!

Now, when I was connecting the mirrors up I noticed one of the wires that I added was for dimming. My rear view mirror is not self dimming. How difficult is that to add?

This harness and the mirror.

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2018-rear-view-dimming-mirror-harness/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without reading through 152 pages on this topic...

I have a 2016 Silverado 1500 LTZ gas with DL3 mirrors.  I just ordered AM-3397687628 from AM Auto to be delivered early next week.  I ASSUMED they just plug in and work, but this website leads me to believe otherwise.  Do I need to buy a harness adapter from pgamboa?  I am an electrical engineer so I am not afraid to modify wiring myself...

Thanks in advance.

hello i currently have a 2018 silverado with the DL8 mirrors. i have purchased towing mirrors (https://autoparts-depot.ca/products/2x-chrome-power-heated-dynamic-signal-towing-mirrors-for-14-18-chevy-silverado?_pos=38&_sid=145396765&_ss=r) and was wondering what harness or what i need to do if anything to get them to function properly

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks!! 

hello i currently have a 2018 silverado with the DL8 mirrors. i have purchased towing mirrors (https://autoparts-depot.ca/products/2x-chrome-power-heated-dynamic-signal-towing-mirrors-for-14-18-chevy-silverado?_pos=38&_sid=145396765&_ss=r) and was wondering what harness or what i need to do if anything to get them to function properly

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks!! 

Contact me at HarnessDR.com

If you don’t have installed yet, I’ll have to perform a quick battery test using a 9v battery so I know how the lights operate. Their eBay listing is confusing and contradicts their wiring diagram and connector pin layout. Include your original message and provide as much details about your truck as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk