THANKS THE PRICES ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE THEY HAVE SOME FROM AMAZON FOR 4 TO 5 HUNDRED, HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED AT ANY OF THESE I WONDER WHAT THE DIFFERENCES ARE

Aftermarket = aftermarket :)

GM Factory Power Fold Tow Mirrors run over $500 each not including shipping.

Parts counter at the dealer is $750ish each.

You might be able to find a used pair for $500-$700 but you take that risk.

The only aftermarket power fold I’ve hand my hands are Trail Ridge mirrors sold by 1A Auto/AM Auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I have a 2014 Silverado high country 1500. Will the mirrors you get from A1 auto work on my vehicle? I am finding a lot of aftermarket mirrors list for a 2015-2018 Silverado so I am not sure if they will work on a 2014? Also, I am a little confused, since I already have power fold,  auto tint, and other options the high country has, will the mirrors be plug and play for my truck?

9 hours ago, ccripp said:

Hello, I have a 2014 Silverado high country 1500. Will the mirrors you get from A1 auto work on my vehicle? I am finding a lot of aftermarket mirrors list for a 2015-2018 Silverado so I am not sure if they will work on a 2014? Also, I am a little confused, since I already have power fold,  auto tint, and other options the high country has, will the mirrors be plug and play for my truck?

The 2015-18 mirrors should work for your 2014 HC.  For everything to work properly, you will more than likely need GM's RYZ in order to land all the lighting circuits to get all the lighting to work to spec for the tow mirrors along with new harnesses from GM or Phil since it is a 2014.  Keep in mind Phil has his DYI harness as well.  You will lose the auto-dimming feature as the tow mirrors don't incorporate that.  @pgamboa, add/correct me if I'm wrong or missing anything.  

Edited by BlkSS

9 hours ago, ccripp said:

There are several variations of mirrors that 1A Auto sells.  So each harness I build is tailored specifically to that mirror and your truck's configuration.   The install is not going to be Plug and Play without a harness swap or modification.   In addition, you'll need a supplementary harness for inside the truck cabin and under the hood.  Please provide the model # to the mirrors you're looking at from 1A Auto.

4 minutes ago, BlkSS said:

The 2015-18 mirrors should work for your 2014 HC.  For everything to work properly, you will more than likely need GM's RYZ in order to land all the lighting circuits to get all the lighting to work to spec for the tow mirrors along with new harnesses from GM or Phil since it is a 2014.  Keep in mind Phil has his DYI harness as well.  You will lose the auto-dimming feature as the tow mirrors don't incorporate that.  @pgamboa, add/correct me if I'm wrong or missing anything.  

Yep.  Some early model 2015 trucks will also need the RZY Harness.  Also, not all 1A Auto mirrors are designed the same so some harness customization is required. 

pgamboa or to whom have the same year/model with same features who has done the swap,

Ya'll certainly have my ears perked. I have a 2014 Denali with the DL3 mirrors and I'd like to change over to the DQS mirrors at some point. It looked like there were a few Denali's and High Country's with the power fold tow mirrors in this thread, but all I have seen thus far seem to be 16's thru 18's. (I stopped reading after about 15 pages and just decided to post for you to clarify some questions I have.) When converting over;

1. Are the harnesses pgamboa sell or the GM harnesses plug and play?

2. I'm assuming a door harness of some sort needs to be installed in order to have the parking lights and cargo lights equipped on the DQS mirrors to work?

3. As for the memory seat/mirror memory, I do not believe my truck is equipped with this feature, I will double check the RPO codes in the glove box for this but is a different harness required for this as well?

4. Do you opt for the GM mirrors or are the 1A Auto/aftermarket mirrors just as good? I'd like to have a set of mirrors that don't shake when going down the road like some of the older style aftermarket mirrors did. I sold my junky aftermarket mirrors on my '07 and purchased GM mirrors strictly for this reason.

5. Finally, I have a friend of mine that has some Boost Auto tow mirrors for his 2012 Duramax and they seem pretty nice from what I've seen. Have you had any experience with Boost Auto mirrors? I'm pretty sure they also sell harnesses as well but I could be wrong. Here is the link to their website: https://boostautoparts.com/

Thanks in advance,

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2017 at 2:55 PM, pgamboa said:

All,

Due to the overwhelming interest in folks wanting to upgrade their mirrors, I wanted to start this thread, hopefully, with all the information pertaining to the process of upgrading your mirrors, the different mirror types, the GM supported upgrade path, the non-GM supported upgrade path, what all is involved, and any known issues.

I receive about 15-20 PMs daily around this upgrade. I will try to respond to all as I am able to. Please read through this entire 1st post in its entirety as I hope it answers all your questions. I also hope that this thread is your “one-stop shop” for all questions surrounding this upgrade.

I have spent MANY months (since June 2016) trying to understand these mirrors and what all is involved to make the upgrade successful. Like many of you reading this thread, you have probably spent countless hours researching online, reading threads upon threads, and watching YouTube videos for some info and guidance. For those that have tried this upgrade on your own, you have probably ended up with the same results of something not working correctly, which ultimately landed you back here on the Forum.

I have helped numerous members here achieve the same upgrade desires with success. This started out with me wanting to upgrade the standard DL8 Mirrors on my 2016 Silverado, 1500, LT, CCSB, 5.3L Gas Truck. I have helped members with Standard DL8 Mirrors upgrade to DL3 Mirrors as well as members wanting to upgrade to Towing Mirrors.

So, let’s get started…

Mirror Types:

DE2 Mirrors - These are the basic mirrors found on W/T Trucks. They do not have power anything. They are manual adjust, manual fold, etc.

DL8 Mirrors – These are the most common mirrors found on LT/SLE trucks and are the next level from DE2 Mirrors. DL8 Mirrors are Heated, Power Adjust, and Manual Fold. If your truck has 1LT/2LT options, this will most likely be the same mirror.

DL3 Mirrors – These are mirrors are the “Premium” version to the DL8 Mirrors that most folks are wanting to upgrade to. These mirrors are typically found on your higher trim LTZ/High Country and SLT/Denali trucks. These mirrors are: Heated, Power Adjust, Power Fold, Turn Signal, Puddle Lamps, and Auto Dim (Driver’s Side).

Towing Mirrors – These mirrors are the larger mirrors designed to help with towing. These mirrors can be found as options in some 2500/3500 Heavy Duty Trucks. They come in (2) main flavors.

• DPN – These are Manually Folding, Manually Extending, Heated, Turn Signal, Cargo (also referred to as Courtesy Lamps), and Clearance Lamps (also referred to as Park/Running Lamps)
  • DQS – These are essentially the same as DPN except they are Power Folding and supports Mirror Memory if your truck has this feature.

Aftermarket Towing Mirrors – There are TONS of aftermarket options out there. The result should be the same (for the most part) on the upgrade. The way that manufactures “pin” their connectors, they typically pin them the same as the GM - OEM ones. Watch out for any Manufacture that says they have the “option” of adding a separate harness or connector for added functionality. If it’s not already in the connector, I would stay away from those or contact me for mirror connector customization.

[/url]

Note: RPO Code - K40 Option (Exhaust Brake) for Diesel Trucks. If you have a Diesel Truck, you will NEED to get the appropriate DL3, DPN, DQS Mirror WITH the K40 Option. This is basically a temperature sensor on the passenger side mirror. Without this, you will get a Check Engine Light (CEL) error come on with an “Ambient Temperature” message on your DIC (Driver Information Center). This is NOT an issue with Gas Trucks. You can install a passenger mirror with the temperature sensor on a gas truck with no issue (I am using a K40 optioned DL3 Mirror on my truck).

Here is a video I put together on the entire process. This video covers the following:

• Removing the Door Panel
  • Removing the Door Harness
  • Installing the Power Fold Switch

[/url]GM Supported Upgrade Path – Upgrade DL8 or DL3 Mirrors to Towing Mirrors:

49e9b5ec5facc57dcab1f391723b41bb.jpg 

If you do need the RZY Harness, I created a "How To" Installation Video here:

Here is an additional video showing the detail of the RZY Harness.

Non-GM Supported Upgrade Path – Upgrade DL8 Mirrors to DL3 Mirrors.

926c72a521d7707fa65bffdce883ed4b.jpg  

2014 – Known Issue:

0ccd9615b9d457f7a7151b42a689ba13.jpg 

WT/LS – Trim Owners:

Custom Plug and Play Harnesses – $285 Shipped to (50 US States - for Canada, please add $47.95)

Custom DIY Kit – $65 Shipped (Ships First Class Mail with Tracking - for Canada, please add $10)

af5f862900deda6d40a4ccab4ae5b89e.jpg 

I will also provide you with ANY information regarding this upgrade even you don't buy from me. My goal is to help everyone achieve their mirror upgrade goals.

If you decide to move forward with ANY purchase or if you have additional questions, please let me know. It is helpful to know all the details of your truck to provide the best possible solution.

For example:

2016 Silverado, LT, 1500, Crew Cab, 5.3L Gas.

Thanks, everyone! Hope to help as many people as I can to achieve this upgrade!

Please enjoy this Time Lapse Video to get an idea of what is involved with the customization of the harness. Each set takes about 1hr to modify, plus another hour test. So a completed set is roughly 3 hrs to build and test.

How to remove the DL8/DL3 Mirror Caps.

How to remove Tow Mirror Caps.

Just bought a 2018 gmc crew cab 1500 denali.  Want to change out my DL3 to the DQS.  What harnesses would I need if any? Like to go the easiest route.

Hello,

Just bought a 2018 GMC 6.2L denali 1500 crew cab.  Looking to upgrade the mirrors from DL3 to DQ3.  Want everything to function add it should.   See it's calls out for additional wiring for everything to work on the new mirrors. What harness do I need to make this a smooth install?  

Thanks in advance. 

Hello,

Just bought a 2018 GMC 6.2L denali 1500 crew cab.  Looking to upgrade the mirrors from DL3 to DQ3.  Want everything to function add it should.   See it's calls out for additional wiring for everything to work on the new mirrors. What harness do I need to make this a smooth install?  

Thanks in advance. 

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-dl3-tow-mirror-upgrade-pnp-harness/

Here you go.

Go to HarnessDr.com and use their door wiring harnesses. He can also source mirrors. I upgraded my 2015 Silverado - the harnesses provided by HarnessDr worked flawlessly. Phil Gamboa at HarnessDr has this down pat.

Thanks! Appreciate your business, support, and referral!

• Like 1