[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] that seems to go against this harness chart??
2014-2018_Mirror_Harness_Chart.thumb.gif.24c75a5dd2e48c752508bfd189b9792a.gif

What makes you feel that the harness go against the chart? Those should have worked. If reverse tilt and key fob are working, the harnesses are right. So something else is triggering the issue.

So setting new profiles, once your mirros and seats are in the desired positions, press and release the set button, then press and hold the memory location. That’s how I remember the process.

Also, double check you have driver 1 key fob and not driver 2. You might be recalling the other stored position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@pgamboa sorry I wasn't trying to say that the chart was wrong about the harnesses. I was trying to say there seems to be a mismatch about the ability for the 1500 series trucks with option memory seats to support tow mirrors... Basically I was saying I think the dealer is wrong... I reached out to the dealer who show me the mirrors and he gave me some additional information to direct the dealer to the appropriate instructions. For the update...I will also double check the owners manual & make sure I'm not having a brain fart. 

Out of curiosity, do your harnesses support reverse tilt if the DL3 mirrors had reverse tilt to begin with?

Edited by Wesley Christensen

[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] sorry I wasn't trying to say that the chart was wrong about the harnesses. I was trying to say there seems to be a mismatch about the ability for the 1500 series trucks with option memory seats to support tow mirrors... Basically I was saying I think the dealer is wrong... I reached out to the dealer who show me the mirrors and he gave me some additional information to direct the dealer to the appropriate instructions. For the update...I will also double check the owners manual & make sure I'm not having a brain fart. 

Out of curiosity, do your harnesses support reverse tilt if the DL3 mirrors had reverse tilt to begin with?

Sorry about that. I reread what I wrote and didn’t mean for it to sound the way it did. I was trying to figure out if I missed something in your statement about the harness part #s. If you have seat memory, those harnesses are correct.

I don’t know why the document or GM differentiates the upgrade between 1500 and 2500/3500HD trucks. The upgrade is the same. The only time it makes a difference... is that the 1st year 1500 is a different body than the 2500/3500HD trucks. For example, 2014 is the first year for the K2XX body style but 2014 - 2500/3500HD trucks carried over the previous body style (2013) one extra year. Same goes for 2019. 2019 - 1500 is the new body style and 2019 2500/3500 is the previous gen.

@pgamboa No worries it's all good. Yeah it doesn't sound right that the half tons would be different than the other trucks... But it doesn't really matter because you hit the nail on the head!

I had forgotten how to update the memory seats. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ And when my first couple tries didn't work I assumed it was because something was wrong with the upgrade. Double checked on YouTube. have to set the seat and mirrors and then press and hold set and the one or two button. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

So long story short I was able to upgrade my DL3 mirrors to DQS mirrors with zero programming from the dealer. 

[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] No worries it's all good. Yeah it doesn't sound right that the half tons would be different than the other trucks... But it doesn't really matter because you hit the nail on the head!

I had forgotten how to update the memory seats. [emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359] And when my first couple tries didn't work I assumed it was because something was wrong with the upgrade. Double checked on YouTube. have to set the seat and mirrors and then press and hold set and the one or two button. [emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359]

So long story short I was able to upgrade my DL3 mirrors to DQS mirrors with zero programming from the dealer. 

Glad to hear!

On 2/22/2017 at 11:46 PM, gSwift said:

I've already successfully completed the DL3 to DQS conversion, but i'd just like to say, Excellent write up! Very detailed and informative. :cheers:

On 2/23/2017 at 5:43 AM, pgamboa said:

Thank You! Also, thanks for confirming your GM Supported upgrade did not require any BCM and/or Memory Module Calibration.

Even though the Vehicle Acceptability for Retrofit indicates that a BCM and/or Memory Module Calibration is required, one was not needed here.

So I just want to confirm here...I have the DL3 mirrors on my 2014 1500 LTZ. I want to go with DQS tow mirrors to keep the power folding option. Was this 100% plug and play? I understand you lose the puddle lamp, so does the original puddle lamp pin run the “reverse lights“ on the DQS tow mirrors?

PS, I’m looking to buy a used set from a 2016 2500HD. Are they plug and play between those years?

Thanks!

Chris

7 hours ago, lodge307 said:

Are the DL3 mirrors on a 2017 GMC SLT the same as the DL3 mirrors for a 21018 Silverado 1/2 ton? I am looking at a set and wanted to see if anyone knows. Seller does not have apart number.

Yes, they are the same between '17 & '18.

7 hours ago, springerst94 said:

The DL3 mirrors - standard manual fold and power adjust - no turn signal or running light are the same. Go to   https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/?year=2017&make=gmc&model=sierra-1500&search_str=dl3+mirrors&scat=&p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all

You can find what you are looking for

DL3 mirrors are power fold, power adjust, auto-dimming, turn signal in glass with puddle lamp.  DL8 are the manual, power adjust less the other features.

• Like 2

Pete,i have looked at all you're videos,and would like to ask yore help, I have a 2017 gmc sierra SLT,  2500hd gas it came with the DL3 mirrors i had the dealer swap them out for the DPN mirrors he said they also swapped out a harness on each door, i did not think i wanted the power fold but now i do . Can i get a power tow mirror like the DQS with power fold and do i need to change back any harnesses and or do any reprograming 

Pete,i have looked at all you're videos,and would like to ask yore help, I have a 2017 gmc sierra SLT,  2500hd gas it came with the DL3 mirrors i had the dealer swap them out for the DPN mirrors he said they also swapped out a harness on each door, i did not think i wanted the power fold but now i do . Can i get a power tow mirror like the DQS with power fold and do i need to change back any harnesses and or do any reprograming 

Name is Phil :). I get called Pete all the time.

If your DPN have all their lights working, then you only need the DQS Mirrors.

Phil thanks for the info i was concerned about the harness swap the dealer did,yes all lights work do you have any thoughts on which place to buy the mirrors?

I can source them from my GM Parts Supplier. They are $1058 for the pair shipped anywhere in the lower 48. This is a volume based priced I have arranged.

$31.91 PayPal fee added to the invoice.