I did have to migrate the website and email server to a new server last week. That migration went into the weekend as well. But I’m working round the clock to get orders done and shipped as soon as I’m able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I'd believe this. Placed an order for a DL8 to DL3 conversion 2.5 weeks ago and have heard nothing.  Well, Gamboa communicated that it would be done, but nothing since. I'd hold off on payment until you get a product.

I think your harness build had a fold switch too? If so, I’m waiting for more of those to come in from GM.

I paid separately for shipping for the harness and switch, so if the switch isn't in stock I'd like to get the harness.

Since I can’t match forum names with customer names, I’m making an assumption here and will say that your order has shipped. You should have received email notifications on them.

Thanks again for your support and patience!

DL3 TO TOW MIRRORS HELP!!!!!!!

Hey all! I appreciate the tremendous amount of information that you all share here. 

I have a question on a tow mirror upgrade from the DL3 mirrors on my 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ. 

The tow mirrors I purchased through American truck - https://www.americantrucks.com/silverado1500-powered-heated-tow-mirrors-smoked-led-turn-signals-black-rmx-siv14g3g-at-fs.html - are plug and play minus the back up lights (which I would like to pin the existing tow mirror plug to pull power from my existing puddle lamp power supply) and utilizing the blinkers as park lamps/running lights. 

The harness on the tow mirrors came with 3 unpinned wires and according to their diagram they are as follows...

1. Blue - Blinkers

2. White - Backup 

3. Black w/ White stripe - (common -) I’m assuming ground for the backup lights.

What I want to know, is can I pin the tow mirror plug with the white wire to utilize the existing power supply from the puddle lamps that were in my DL3 mirrors. If so, which pin is it on the door connector? I can’t find a pin diagram anywhere!

Secondly,

Is the unpinned blue “blinker wire” on the new tow mirrors supposed to be used for running the blinkers as park lamps/running lights. The blinkers on the tow mirrors already work from the factory DL3 harness, but I want them to work as running lights without creating any electrical issues. 

I can pin a plug, but I don’t know what kind of power I will get from the puddle lamp. it seems awful dim for what I’m assuming the backup lamps will require. What I do know is that I want them to come on as a courtesy light when I unlock the pickup.

I’ve also seen that I can pin the x500 connector to achieve what I’m trying to achieve. 

If anyone has any advice, please feel free to share. I can pin plugs, I just don’t want to interfere with the current function of the blinkers or short anything out. 

A pin diagram of the x500 plug and the existing DL3 “door to mirror” connector would be great! 

if I can just pin the new tow mirror plug and the door harness that would be great, but I have a feeling it won’t be that easy! 

Not only do I want it to work correctly, but I want to utilize all factory plugs if possible. If this requires adding things to the x500 connector that’s fine. Just looking for a clear explanation to achieve a clean factory quality install. 

I’m sure this question has been answered a million times, but I can’t put 2 and 2 together here! Thanks a lot for any help!

Chris  

417F1778-F68B-4A74-B9A6-C67C596A355E.jpeg

C6DF4153-44B2-4960-B100-8BCE6F09422A.jpeg

Also!!!

Is there a way to add the memory feature to these tow mirrors like I had in the DL3’s? Obviously the truck is wired for it, but what needs to take place on the mirror side of things or am I SOL?!

You cannot. Mirror has to be memory supported. I suppose if you source the memory motor for each side, and add that wiring (which would be a PITA), it might be doable. But you won’t gain power fold. So just speaking out loud. Lots of factors to consider. Plug types would be different, mounting points too... never mind. Probably can’t.

I am looking at a set of mirrors to upgrade on my truck. I have 2018 Silverado LT with DL8 mirrors. I am looking at a set of new take-offs from a 2015. Mirror part # 23180074 ( pup f/E/H/M) are these the correct mirrors that will fit my 2018? The seller is offering the complete harness with each mirror. I know I will need to get the harness from you Phil. Do I also need a new door switch? Please advise.

Thank you

I am looking at a set of mirrors to upgrade on my truck. I have 2018 Silverado LT with DL8 mirrors. I am looking at a set of new take-offs from a 2015. Mirror part # 23180074 ( pup f/E/H/M) are these the correct mirrors that will fit my 2018? The seller is offering the complete harness with each mirror. I know I will need to get the harness from you Phil. Do I also need a new door switch? Please advise.

Thank you

Yes sir. The harnesses that come with them will be no good. Here is what you’ll need.

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-dl8-dl3-mirror-upgrade-pnp-harness/

https://harnessdr.com/product/gm-power-fold-switch-23154702/

On 11/10/2020 at 2:13 PM, pgamboa said:

My harnesses are built custom for each truck and the mirrors that are being installed. Guaranteed to be 100% Plug and Play or your $ back. With any other GM harness, figment is not guaranteed and you take the chance of either not having the ability to return or a restocking fee since it’s electrical.

Well I just got around to doing the installation today. Thanks to your youtube video along with the harnesses, I now have stock Chevrolet towing mirrors installed and 100% working as they should. I am very happy with the upgrade. It's nice to now have blind spot mirrors on both side and can actually be used. The little circle on the DL8 drivers mirror was a joke. It turned out mostly well with the reinstallation of the door panels. I had a bit of a problem with the clips on the top that run along the weather strip. Not a big deal and unless I point it out, I dont think anyone else would ever catch it but I know... Maybe one day, I will correct it but not too worried about it for now. I wanted to get it done before the weather got bad again and today was a perfect day for this. Thank you Phil!!! Now to get my take off harnesses shipped back to you...

I have a question on the passenger side towing mirror. If I am correct, diesel models use a sensor on the bottom of the passenger side mirror. But I have heard that it is not used for gas engines. On my mirrors, it had chrome cap covers which I wasnt found of. I found a set of textured black plastic caps and began swapping them out. When doing the lower cap on passenger mirror, I discovered a sensor there. The replacement plastic cover did not have a hole for it.

Since I have a gas engine, I assume it is ok to just unplug this sensor and forget about it?

ETA: I should have reread the original post before posting as it had my answer. Not needed on gas engines.

Edited by mikeyk101
  • Like 1

I have a 2016 1500 ltz that has power fold, heat, turn signal, puddle light and all. I’m looking at the most plus power folding tow mirrors off Amazon. What wires will I need to make the cargo lamp button activate the white cargo light on the mirror and also run the amber front running light? Everything else should be already wired in my door harness correct?

Edited by Lspoo19

1 hour ago, Lspoo19 said:

I have a 2016 1500 ltz that has power fold, heat, turn signal, puddle light and all. I’m looking at the most plus power folding tow mirrors off Amazon. What wires will I need to make the cargo lamp button activate the white cargo light on the mirror and also run the amber front running light? Everything else should be already wired in my door harness correct?

You will need new harnesses. You could buy them from one of the GM online parts stores but there are so many variations, it's a crapshoot. The easiest way is to get new custom harness from pgamboa. They at first seem a bit pricey but after you remove your stock harnesses and install his custom harnesses, mail back yours and you will get back a $100 core deposit. Pretty sure these are the ones you will need. You can contact him just to be sure.

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-dl3-tow-mirror-upgrade-pnp-harness/

You will need new harnesses. You could buy them from one of the GM online parts stores but there are so many variations, it's a crapshoot. The easiest way is to get new custom harness from pgamboa. They at first seem a bit pricey but after you remove your stock harnesses and install his custom harnesses, mail back yours and you will get back a $100 core deposit. Pretty sure these are the ones you will need. You can contact him just to be sure.

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-dl3-tow-mirror-upgrade-pnp-harness/

This is all correct. Also, I validate each build to ensure that it is Plug and Play by the time they are installed. Before ordering the harnesses, I would have you perform a quick battery test to see how the lights behave. Not all mirrors are built or wired to GM specs.