2019 Sierra / Silverado spy shots

I am good with all that! I don't need 80 buttons laid out to look cool like the F-150 or anything other than a column shifter....Give me the 400hp-400tq 5.3 10sp with Dynamic fuel displacement and 10spd for 24-25mpg's and I am one happy puppy!

push button start of course and rear vents.......I mean everybody has those so GM shall too!

And absolutely keep the bed steel? AL for the other shit don't get stupid on me GM!

Here's hoping the new 'small block' gas engines don't come with Dynamic oil displacement like mine did! :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest batch out of Autoblog:

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/09/05/next-gen-gmc-sierra-spied-with-diesel-power/?hcid=ab-around-ab-tile-21

Its a diesel? Sure seems so. DEF tank and a fuel tank. The puzzling thing is the gas muffler where the DPF should be? Atleast on the HD and the Colorado its like that. Looking at the full driveshaft shot going from front to rear, the rear axle seems to have a flange like the 11.5" axle does.

Other interesting notes. New front sway bar design. Uses more of a car style ball/socket link instead of those dogbone style ones.

Suspension and frame honestly, seem just about carried over it seems.

I spy and electronic parking brake as well, using the caliper instead of drum in hat style like current. GM must have gotten sick of replacing frozen ones under warranty LOL.

Trans pan...I'm thinking its a 10L80 or 10L90. Looks like the pan from the shots I've seen of the 10L90 online.

The engine. I have a Colorado Duramax. That lower oil pan looks similar. The oil filter however...2.8 Duramax in both the Colorado/Canyon and Express/Savana use a cartridge filter. The trucks its mounted up top, the vans its accessed from the bottom.

Honestly? I love that engine in the Colorado...I want to try it in the Express van, but I'll be slightly miffed if they shove it in the Silverado/Sierra, especially with the Eco Diesel, Ford's new entry, and even the Titan XD (yes I know, its an "hd" truck, but its a cross between and HD and a 1/2 ton).

Yeah.....I don't know exactly about the frame it's still WAX coated and GM loves to test engines/transmissions in previous frames?

Colorado and Canyon are E-coated so I would bet GM ups the game to follow F and R or D Or Fiat or China?

The engine is NOT a 2.8L I am thinking sourced 3.0 Isuzu updated for emissions etc.

Would be absolutely stoked if it was 4.5L from the DEAD as I thought that thing was going to be "shit" and never happened?

The Trans is definitely big 10L80 or 10L90 like 15HDriver thinks too!

Interesting from what I see GM looks to dominate the Diesel arena and I am totally cool with that! Compliant, quiet, clean they will have the market all to them............

The wax is not that big of a deal, it works...

Tyler

Yes, It does and self heals etc.....But today's money being spent on a new truck 50K+ etc. GM in very good financial shape etc. The Next Gen should no doubt have 100% E-coated Frames......

• 2 weeks later...

The wax is not that big of a deal, it works...

Tyler

The wax used on the frame is a waste, so-called self-healing crap, rather see a e-coated like the Colorado/Canyon.

See GM going to dual exhaust similar to Ram, why now?

A turbo charged V6 with an aluminum body. Looks like GM is going to really piss off the Ford haters by joining the Ford band truck wagon. Oh and it has a joint designed GM/Ford 10 speed transmission too. LOL

They should of followed the ecoboost route in the first place, afm is an expensive warranty nightmare.

I am headed over to the Ford camp next...

They should of followed the ecoboost route in the first place, afm is an expensive warranty nightmare.

I am headed over to the Ford camp next

And Ford is better because???

And Ford is better because???

Exactly. The grass is not always as green. If he would research the long tem Egoboost issues, and the cost of turbos and intercooler, AFM is looking like a small issue. If it bothers you so much, tune it out, or even have the AFM mechanically deleted from the truck. It will still be cheaper than the Egoboost nitemares.

Friend of mine text me this photo today. Can’t confirm it’s a GM but he said it looked like it , said it’s not a ford. Interesting this is in central Indiana

ad3f243032d903b37b11ed42b3952106.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Archived