Weirdest new truck feature

Bought a very mainstream 2017 Dbl Cab. 5.3l, Z71, SLE Value Pack, heated seats, bedliner, tonneau.

All pretty much the same as most GM trucks I buy, the Android Auto was a nice addition.

The one thing that DID surprise me about it was the exit warning bell dinging and display advising me to look in the back seat.

For what? Jimmy Hoffa? Nicole Simpson's real killers? Amelia Earhart?

This "feature" makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Maybe if you buy the SLT or Denali the display tells you what you're looking for. :driving:

Edited by Brian S.
  • Confused 1

It's so you don't leave your kids in the hot truck to die.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Can't say I ever once forgot a child in a vehicle, or a pet.

These days there are hats, a couple life jackets, a boating rain coat, and some folding canoe seats in my back seat 24/7. Perhaps I will look at them when the dash commands me. :dunno:

Can't say I ever once forgot a child in a vehicle, or a pet.

These days there are hats, a couple life jackets, a boating rain coat, and some folding canoe seats in my back seat 24/7. Perhaps I will look at them when the dash commands me. :dunno:

I'm not sure how people forget that they have kids back there, but I guess it's just GMs way of trying to help save a life for someone who might. Personally my kids don't shut up long enough for me to forget they're back there lol

• Like 4

We have a customer that loves this feature because he's always putting his briefcase and other work items in his back seat and it helps him not forget them.

I'm not sure how people forget that they have kids back there, but I guess it's just GMs way of trying to help save a life for someone who might. Personally my kids don't shut up long enough for me to forget they're back there lol

LOL

Maybe it's for the "Cletus! You done drank too much shine and left the kids in the back of the pickup!" crowd.

We have a customer that loves this feature because he's always putting his briefcase and other work items in his back seat and it helps him not forget them.

You don't see many briefcases these days.

Edited by Brian S.
  • Like 1