2016 Silverado 1500 LT - Totaled - 2nd TRUCK!

I just Totaled my beautiful 2016 silverado today. Yes, it was a BEAUTIFUL awesome looking truck!! I put a lot of work and a lot of $$ into many many nice upgrades and features to this truck and had just gotten it to where I wanted it. And all for WHAT? All for this CRASH! Gone!

All for pretty much nothing... the insurance company and all that will NOT care about the lift, tires, wheels, Exhaust, upgrades, flares, running boards, blacked out emblems, interior work etc. It makes me sick to my stomach. They may help a LITTLE, but not near what all I put into it. But it is what it is.

I WILL say, however that as I am a bit older now... the road noise from the tires coupled with the exhaust was getting to me a bit. Not to mention that the "ride" is not as smooth as I would like it now. I get into this new rental truck and it rides SO nice compared to my truck. It's cool and it sounds bad ass and looks awesome, but I don't think I'm going to do all of that again.

I want a nice CLEAN look on the next truck. I'm thinking just do a level, upgrade to a LITTLE bit beefier/wider/bigger tires, leave the stock wheels alone... no exhaust... black out the emblems (inexpensive, fun to do and it looks really cool to me). Running boards already on it... and be done! No color matched flares or any of that mess, that shit just gets scratched up anyway.... ugh!

I'm thinking this will keep it clean, the "ride" will be nice and not jacked with, my gas milage should stay near where it was designed to be, speedometer is not jacked with, and I can hear myself THINK while driving :). Also, settle for no less than a Bose or good system in it and I"m done!

Any ideas? Thoughts? Tire suggestions going this route?

post-149994-0-64275400-1502515734_thumb.jpg

post-149994-0-84268900-1502515747_thumb.jpg

My last truck I went the same route as your totaled one. Headers,tune,exhaust,stall yada....The new one I have a level and and a 22" Magnaflow muffler. Still quite in the cab but sounds like a truck without being obnoxiously loud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If insurance isn't crediting you with any of the add-ons, can you remove those that are salvageable?

Otherwise, I'm older already and have done quite a few upgrades, but not really modifications. Ok, a couple - level, very moderate AT tires, driver side grab handle...

But these trucks are the most attractive offering in the US.* Little or nothing I can do to improve the appearance. I can customize to my own preferences, but I think you're on a good track. Sorry for your accident.

* every once in a while I see an F150 in a very specific color, suspension set up, trim package and think damn...

Your luck is as bad as mine. It could be raining vaginas and I'd get hit in the head with a dick. Glad you're ok. Oh... and you are on the right track for your next truck. My next one will be a quiet, smooth riding semi-stocker.

• Like 10

Thank you ALL! You guys are great.... I greatly appreciate your advice and input.

No one was hurt in this mess so that is a huge blessing. That truck literally saved my life that's for sure! I'm in medical sales and the price of once small piece of life saving equipment can easily be into the hundreds of thousands of dollars! That 40K truck saved my life very literally. When I think about it in those terms, it was worth every penny. Again, thank you all for your genuine concern.

I like the idea of the Magnaflow muffler and things still being quiet in the cab! I will think about that one.

My absolute favorite comment though.... and I am STILL laughing out loud... is:

It could be raining vaginas and I'd get hit in the head with a dick

And yes, I have also considered a bicycle!!!!

• Like 1

No nav...THAT was always a huge contention of mine with this truck! No nav no Bose... that blew BAD!

It MAY not be totaled... the more I look at the pictures I think it may be repairable! Although, from what I hear each airbag is like

2 grand to put back...there's 10 grand off the top! not to mention the body work, front end work and engine work!

My wife's Volvo XC60 had the same kind of hit last November (guy in a '15 F250 SD) ran red light, hit her at 45-50 mph, never hit the brakes. Car was totaled. I'm with you on the clean look. My '15 DC has 1" front end lift and changed tires to 275/65-18 Michelin Defender LTX. Drives great, quiet, handles predictable in all weather. Only mods are to the sound system, Alpine Ty-R speakers and 45x4 Alpine amp. Had a sub wired in, don't even need it with the Ty-R's. Factory Bose would be nice as would be the 6.2L, at this point though, doubtful I will go on the hooks for another $30,000 over the current value of my '15 for a new truck.

MRob sorry for your truck and glad no one was seriously injured. Your truck was nicely equipped. Without more pictures seems the only salvageable parts are your toolbox and a couple of wheels/tires. Evaluate where you stand once your insurance company lets you know what they decide. Don't think I would want that truck after it was repaired. Buy the best equipped truck and get the options you want. Put on a 1.5-2 inch level kit and some larger tires on the stock wheels. Have a 22 inch Magnaflow muffler and think it sounds pretty good. Certainly won't break the bank or have your neighbors cursing at you or poisoning your dog.

• Like 1