Weather Tech vs GM Mud Flaps

Anyone have experience with WeatherTech mud flaps / splash guards? Looking for a set, but hesitant of the drilling required for the GM set. These say no drill and seem to look nice and clean. Curious what others are using and if drilling is really anything to be concerned about or not.

No rear wheel removal required..

Did use shorty phillips / hand rachet to install..

If you have 33" + tires,, you could use the basic ( L ) phillips to tighten..

For fronts, just turned wheels out with easy access..

Cheers---K

I have weather tech on my 15 Sierra. As long as you plan not to take them off you are fine. I took mine off over summer and having plastic trim around wheelwells it scratched them up. Now bottom of trim looks kinda bad. I'm going to put them back on for winter. I actually like the look alot better with them off. And alot of dirt gets wedged up in between trim and flap.

What make the OEM ones suck? I can attest for the 4 years I had mine on, and they are great. The embossed Chevy Bowtie also adds a nice touch. They are molded into a bowl shape to catch larger objects and look more substantial than both offerings from Weathertech and Husky. The Drilling part help ensures they don't fall off because they are only held on with 3M tape.

OEM sucks. Drilling is a terrible idea. Get the Weathertechs. We have them on all of our personal and work truck. They are installed when they pull in the driveway.

curious what holds the aftermarket brands if there's no drilling? Didn't see but maybe one existing hole that could possbly be used? If going with the OEM (GM) would drilling be a huge issue as for a place for rust to begin?