Vent visors

So I just purchased my first brand new truck last week. 2017 Sierra 1500 and I would like to get some feedback for vent visors so I can roll my windows down a bit when its raining. What are the pros or cons between the in-channel ones vs the tape on ones? I was thinking the in-channel would be better seeing I dont have to deal with the tape. Just wanted to see what folks here had to say 

https://www.realtruck.com/avs-in-channel-vent-visors/R18883P2017Y856MA.html

https://www.realtruck.com/avs-tape-on-vent-visors/R18906P2017Y856MA.html

14 hours ago, duquephart said:

If you like wind noise in-channel will do it for you.

In channel does give you some noise and for me it messes with my auto up feature, sometimes it stays up sometimes it rolls back down. It rolls back down bout 70% of the time. Folk say I need to do a window relearn but I’m too lazy to do it. In channel does look the best without messing with your paint. 

16 hours ago, FIREBLADE74 said:

In channel does give you some noise and for me it messes with my auto up feature, sometimes it stays up sometimes it rolls back down. It rolls back down bout 70% of the time. Folk say I need to do a window relearn but I’m too lazy to do it. In channel does look the best without messing with your paint. 

I agree with messing with the paint and that had me concerned. Then I said screw it, there are a lot worse things to worry about with the paint than 3M tape.

My last truck had the smoke colored in channel ones, and I liked them, but they were bubble shaped. That truck had manual crank windows, so interference wasn't an issue.  My buddy has the low profile tape ons on his 2017 Denali HD. I liked the look, so that's what I ended up with. No regrets.

I have the in channel on my 16 CC and really like the looks but I do get the auto up interference and I can notice the cab is louder with them installed. I bought the ones from GM when I bought the truck and have taken it back for the issues and they have told me there is nothing they can do. I've tried the relearn but all it seems to do is leave the window slightly cracked. With that I do still have them on the truck and don't plan to take them off unless something happens. Personally I didn't want the stick on ones because I didn't want anything on the paint after dealing with my 15 and bad paint and a buy back from GM. 

I had the AVS in channel on my last truck and they interfered with the auto up almost every time.   I also am convinced they do cause some wind noise.   

Ive had WeatherTech on another truck with no interference, but...wind noise.

i just bought an ‘18 and suspect I’ll skip them this time.  At least until summer...

Archived