Did they do a flat rear floor ?

f8l vnm

Can’t seem quite make it out.  I think they did but not all the way flat ? 

Love the cup holders on back of center console. Wife and small kids will find useful. 

Thanks 

32 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Can’t seem quite make it out.  I think they did but not all the way flat ? 

Love the cup holders on back of center console. Wife and small kids will find useful. 

Thanks 

No, they did not and most likely never will.  Reason is not clearance the torsional stiffness is increased with geometry.......Another lack of strength over site @ FERD.....

27 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

No, they did not and most likely never will.  Reason is not clearance the torsional stiffness is increased with geometry.......Another lack of strength over site @ FERD.....

But Ferd trucks are made of high strength military grade aluminum foil. /s

Well looks like th dodge has a flat floor too. I still think gm did make the floor a little flatter then last gen. Look at the bench seat. There is no middle cut out ,,

also dosent ford use the thickest frame . . .?some facts please. 

Lack of strength? Lol. Ford tows hauls the most and gets the best crash tests grades.  

22 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Well looks like th dodge has a flat floor too. I still think gm did make the floor a little flatter then last gen. Look at the bench seat. There is no middle cut out ,,

Lack of strength? Lol. Ford tows hauls the most and gets the best crash tests grades.  

Really, you a #'s guy that is what FERD likes......Check out their newest creation the 6.7L that was "handedly spanked" by the L5P which by the way is rated to tow IDK 10K less than your 6.7L on the IKE Gauntlet......

Shoot let us redo the Heads too in 1 model year because they suck and many, many 6.7L have bit the dust early....

GM did not do a flat load floor on the new models BUT the GM floor is deceiving.  Ford and Ram actually have a flat floor because the floor is set at the same level as the driveshaft hump.  GM chose to actually lower the floor on either side of the driveshaft hump.  This gives a lower step-in height and more leg/knee room but doesn't give you a flat load floor.

2 minutes ago, sk said:

GM did not do a flat load floor on the new models BUT the GM floor is deceiving.  Ford and Ram actually have a flat floor because the floor is set at the same level as the driveshaft hump.  GM chose to actually lower the floor on either side of the driveshaft hump.  This gives a lower step-in height and more leg/knee room but doesn't give you a flat load floor.

Probably true they always have been easier to get in and out of....

3 minutes ago, sk said:

Thank. Great explanation 

29 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

Really, you a #'s guy that is what FERD likes......Check out their newest creation the 6.7L that was "handedly spanked" by the L5P which by the way is rated to tow IDK 10K less than your 6.7L on the IKE Gauntlet......

Shoot let us redo the Heads too in 1 model year because they suck and many, many 6.7L have bit the dust early....

The new dirty max is incredible. Seen numbers , impressed by it.  Always loved them. But What does this have to do with what I brought up about the flat floor?  I simply said that it looks like the ram now has a flat floor as well and you said that it’s the structure thing and that the GM is the strongest of all. I mentioned that if you look at all the national Highway transportation safety ratings the F series always comes out on top. So where is that strength?  As far as numbers go I love my GM truck I love the way it looks I love my 6.2 I’ve always been a GM guy and always will be a Gm guy but I’m also not blind to see that ford  dominates truck sales and for good reasons. 

Levis dominates the Blue jean sector yet Carhart makes a better product...There are many examples there "OK" trucks but I still don't get to sit in any 30-40Years old with same motor and heads and even rings?  For as many as they sell maybe someday I will find one? 

Probably true they always have been easier to get in and out of....
I've never understood why people complain about getting into a truck. Sure it's higher however I find it easier then getting into my wife's G8.. Or any car or there and I'm not exactly tall. Not saying anyone here is complaining it's just what I here when some people together in my truck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 1/18/2018 at 1:27 PM, f8l vnm said:

Ford thinned the frame out for the 2015 truck. Also, unless you order an F-150 with the HD Payload package, the frame is quite a bit thinner than the frame of the truck they brag about in the TV ads. Crash test scores do not equate to the most durable or toughest built truck. The main reason Ford scored better on recent crash tests because they have the newest frame, which was designed for some of the new crash tests being performed. GM's K2xx frame is nearly identical to the GMT900 frame but with more high-strength steel. Ram's frame hasn't been changed since it went to a coil spring rear suspension. If you look at the 2019 Silverado and 2019 Ram frames, you'll notice that the front end was significantly redesigned to improve their crash test performance, including features that help deflect the front wheel from getting shoved back into the cab of the truck in the small overlap crash test. Ford also had a brand new frame feature on the front of the frame in 2015 that helped absorb more of the impact energy to protect the cab's structure. GM and Ram trucks did not until now.

Ford also lightened the front suspension up, replacing the forged steel control arms they used to brag about in ads for thin stamped steel parts. They also seemed to have lightened up the rear leaf springs for a softer ride, because the 2016 F-150 Max Tow truck pickuptrucks.com tested in their 2016 texas showdown sagged so bad with 1750 lbs in the bed that the bumper was nearly dragging on the ground. The 2016 Silverado and Sierra sat nice and level with the same payload. The aluminum beds looked bad compared to the K2xx trucks, it's going to look even weak when GM switches from 340 MPa high strength steel to 500 MPa high strength steel. Even Ford's 4x4 system has left me unimpressed. The system is an ancient vacuum assist system that actuates an Integrated Wheel End to actuate a plastic gear to lock the front hubs. The F-150 Raptors with the Torsen front diff shred the plastic gears up constantly.

But Ford's marketing helps cover most of that up. Ford spends billions in ads on TV, radio, webpages, Youtube, etc all telling you about how the F-150 uses military grade this and the toughest high strength that. They used to do head-to-head comparison videos comparing their truck to everybody else's. I'm willing to bet they won't make any that compare durability of their beds/frames/suspension anymore. These days they just make comparison videos where they do towing comparisons and 0-60 times.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:33 AM, HondaHawkGT said:

Ford thinned the frame out for the 2015 truck. Also, unless you order an F-150 with the HD Payload package, the frame is quite a bit thinner than the frame of the truck they brag about in the TV ads. Crash test scores do not equate to the most durable or toughest built truck. The main reason Ford scored better on recent crash tests because they have the newest frame, which was designed for some of the new crash tests being performed. GM's K2xx frame is nearly identical to the GMT900 frame but with more high-strength steel. Ram's frame hasn't been changed since it went to a coil spring rear suspension. If you look at the 2019 Silverado and 2019 Ram frames, you'll notice that the front end was significantly redesigned to improve their crash test performance, including features that help deflect the front wheel from getting shoved back into the cab of the truck in the small overlap crash test. Ford also had a brand new frame feature on the front of the frame in 2015 that helped absorb more of the impact energy to protect the cab's structure. GM and Ram trucks did not until now.

Ford also lightened the front suspension up, replacing the forged steel control arms they used to brag about in ads for thin stamped steel parts. They also seemed to have lightened up the rear leaf springs for a softer ride, because the 2016 F-150 Max Tow truck pickuptrucks.com tested in their 2016 texas showdown sagged so bad with 1750 lbs in the bed that the bumper was nearly dragging on the ground. The 2016 Silverado and Sierra sat nice and level with the same payload. The aluminum beds looked bad compared to the K2xx trucks, it's going to look even weak when GM switches from 340 MPa high strength steel to 500 MPa high strength steel. Even Ford's 4x4 system has left me unimpressed. The system is an ancient vacuum assist system that actuates an Integrated Wheel End to actuate a plastic gear to lock the front hubs. The F-150 Raptors with the Torsen front diff shred the plastic gears up constantly.

But Ford's marketing helps cover most of that up. Ford spends billions in ads on TV, radio, webpages, Youtube, etc all telling you about how the F-150 uses military grade this and the toughest high strength that. They used to do head-to-head comparison videos comparing their truck to everybody else's. I'm willing to bet they won't make any that compare durability of their beds/frames/suspension anymore. These days they just make comparison videos where they do towing comparisons and 0-60 times.

Yup, pretty much the litany of things FERD and marketing has gotten away with is mind boggling....Yeah, it lost what 700LBS and ended up being 200? LBS lighter than GM'S?  GM pretty much just let them have the whole Aluminum nonsense probably hoping they would run with it and they did!  Notice what is Aluminum on GM'S and it's because the CAB STRUCTURE should not be made of AL?  B pillars?  Really?  The whole setup from 2.7T engine to Aluminum everything after 10years of hard work...No Thanks somehow only FERD can sell that crap to the public? 

On 1/18/2018 at 2:15 PM, sk said:

THIS.  Any idiot can make the floor flat.  Just raise the lowered parts.

according to this Top Speed review the rear floor is flat:

What’s more, the Silverado’s rear floor is finally flat, with nearly no humps or transmission tunnels to disrupts the storage of cargo. Another new (and very welcomed) addition is the rear HVAC vents. Both the flat floor and HVAC system help make the most of the 2019 Silverado’s extra three inches of rear-seat legroom thanks to the longer crew cab design.

Archived