2019 Ram

Just went to philadelphia auto show yesterday. Sat in the new 2019 Ram. Wow, that interior is so much nicer than GM's. Much nicer than the 2019 GM interior as well. They really knocked it out of the park. Has me seriously considering it.

CR-Cars-Inline-2019-Ram-Truck-int-1-18

Also, not that I'm interested in buying one of these. You guys have to see the new navigator interior. It's probably the nicest interior I've ever seen in my life. Pictures don't do it justice.

I have no idea how GM is going to compete with this in the escalade.

2018-Lincoln-Navigator-Black-Label-Desti

5 minutes ago, Donstar said:

but the ram is far too busy, imo.

It is a little busy, but makes you feel like you're driving something special. When you sit it in you really get wow'd.

It doesn't help that the huge screen in the RAM is displaying the busiest looking thing possible.

oh and here's a better angle of the navigator interior. You can't tell from the first photo, but the center console is sort of floating and it just looks so cool. I was just in shock when I sat in it.

I mean look at this thing!

lincolnnavigatorconcept_13_hr.jpg?itok=l

• Like 1

Damn that Lincoln interior is starting to compare to some European manufacturers with price tags 5x that.

And hands down that RAM interior is nice!  Harman Kardon is a nice touch.

Don't know how I feel about the "RAM BOX."  Basically less bed space for small side covered storage.

Anyone know if the RAM will be offered with the 6.4L 392 Hemi Engine?

• Like 1

I'm a tech guy, I really like the new Ram interior. I've owned a Ram and always found their interiors to be nice and comfortable.

The Navigator, I'm not a fan of. I don't like the look where the touchscreen looks like it was just tacked onto the dash. And the floating console probably doesn't offer much storage. And that maroon/brown..

Seats look nice though.

Thanks for posting up. I'm seriously considering swapping out the wife's escalade with the new navigator. The interior and options are amazing. Exterior not so much but they are almost there with the styling.

1 hour ago, yamaha0343 said:

The Navigator, I'm not a fan of. I don't like the look where the touchscreen looks like it was just tacked onto the dash. And the floating console probably doesn't offer much storage. And that maroon/brown..

Seats look nice though.

It seems like luxury vehicles are moving this direction with the screen.  I think it allows for a more elegant dash design since the dash doesn't have to wrap around it.  My wife's A4 has a very similar looking dash with the floating screen.

Edited by sonerick

What's sad is it's clearly GM is releasing a new truck that is already out done by the competition, at least interior wise. Gm has decided to be lazy in the interior department and it shows with a nearly regurgitated 14-18 interior in the new 19 model line. The competition looks to have upped it's game while GM continues to play catch-up.

I wont even bother talking Lincoln who has some of the nicest and most lux interiors being made by an American company right now, Cadillac cant even come close to matching the materials used, GM simply produces nothing in it's realm at the moment imo. 

• Like 1

I expect truck interiors to rival high end SUV's for refinement in a few short years. Seems like I read an article that stated many upper middle class families and some well heeled upper income people stated they want more refined interiors. The article also stated they were willing to pay for it and it was a priority to them. Trucks are hot ...hot ..hot to all facets of income . Hell I remember the days when you drove a truck you carried a stigma of a redneck or hillbilly . Today doctors and lawyers drive them. Maybe more importantly their wives drive and love them too lol.  Sure we will always have the old stripper ''work truck'' but beyond that offering I believe interior materials and fefinement is just at the tip of the iceberg .