Keyless entry / battery problems

I have a 2012 Silverado LT Z71 with 5.3 that I bought used. When I bought the truck it did not have key fobs so I bought two factory style knock-offs from eBay. I took them to a locksmith and he programmed them and they worked great for almost a year. Last week I went to leave home and my truck battery was dead and would not crank. So, I charged up the battery and everything was fine except now neither key fob will work. The only response I get from the key fobs is if I hold both lock and unlock buttons at the same time the truck will go into tire pressure sensor relearn mode. So, then I took the truck back to the locksmith and told him what had happened. He said sometimes when the battery dies the truck will lose memory of the keys fobs. He then hooked up a zed-full computer and attempted to reprogram the key fobs. He tried multiple times several different ways and even used another type of computer but was unable to program them. The truck would go into keyfob learn mode but would never chime when he would hold the lock and unlock buttons down. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

On 2/18/2018 at 8:09 PM, SnapChat said:

I have a 2012 Silverado LT Z71 with 5.3 that I bought used. When I bought the truck it did not have key fobs so I bought two factory style knock-offs from eBay. I took them to a locksmith and he programmed them and they worked great for almost a year. Last week I went to leave home and my truck battery was dead and would not crank. So, I charged up the battery and everything was fine except now neither key fob will work. The only response I get from the key fobs is if I hold both lock and unlock buttons at the same time the truck will go into tire pressure sensor relearn mode. So, then I took the truck back to the locksmith and told him what had happened. He said sometimes when the battery dies the truck will lose memory of the keys fobs. He then hooked up a zed-full computer and attempted to reprogram the key fobs. He tried multiple times several different ways and even used another type of computer but was unable to program them. The truck would go into keyfob learn mode but would never chime when he would hold the lock and unlock buttons down. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Try doing a logic lock reset (I know this is going to sound like a joke but you can look it up online)

1. Remove both battery cables. (all 4 if you have a second battery)
  2. Hold both battery cables together for 30 seconds.
  3. Leave both battery cables disconnected for 5 minutes.
  4. Reinstall the battery cables and try to program them again.

Let me know after you do this and if it doesn't work we will try walking you through some steps.

Archived