Rear Turn Signal Indicator Failure after Replacement with LED Bulbs

I have a 2017 1500 Silverado. I recently had a message that my right rear turn indicator had failed. I checked and yep, the bulb was broken. I replaced both right and both left with LED bulbs and now my truck tells me that both left and right turn indicators have failed. All the lights turn on so I don't know what the problem is. Are the LED bulbs not compatible?

Thanks!

I assume you have a non-LTZ model and replaced incandescent bulbs with LEDs, correct?  Did you wire in resistors when you changed to LED bulbs?

If you don't add resistance, the lower current draw of LEDs will trigger the "failure" message when you select a turn signal.  You will also likely see the fast blinking "hyper-flash" without resistors.  I did this mod myself a few months back.  I put a post here that shows the added resistors.

If you don't want to use separate resistors, there are some LED bulbs out there built with integrated added resistance to be used in incandescent fittings.  There are a few threads here already that mention those but I'm not too familiar with them.

Edited by Armo325
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...