Laura Buick/GMC - lifted inventory

I know the consensus on here is that dealers do a horrible job lifting trucks.  I always see posts that say take it to a 4x4 shop that's experienced, etc.

What about Laura's?  Anyone ever buy a (new) lifted truck from them?  Any issues?  Their site has some bold claims about their lifts.  Just looking for info, good or bad.  Would like to get into a new 18 since I'm not onboard with how the 19s look.  And I'd be willing to drive 4hrs for one over there.

I would rather have a dealer lift a truck and put it under warranty. I think the issue with dealers doing them is the massive markup - like the $400 front 2 window tint or the $500 paint protection (aka coat of wax)...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's really not that difficult to install a lift and Laura has done hundreds of them. When I was looking at there pricing it seems as though they are not jacking the price up like some of the other dealers. Looks like they are basically just charging for the lift, wheels, tires, and the installment. I was told by a salesperson they use Zone, Fabtech and Procomp lifts depending on the size of lift. All are quality lifts, so I wouldn't have any concern. 

I had prices between $600.00 and $800.00 to install my 4" CST lift on my 2013, so it looks like that's about what Laura is adding to the cost. 

I'm sure there getting some pretty good discounts on the lift also with the quantity there purchasing.

I purchased mine from Laura. I love it and no issues. No shaking, alignment, or tracking issues. The only thing i can say negative is other dealers don't like to really deal with your truck because you didn't purchase from them. 

I live 5.5 hours from them. I flew in,they picked me up and i drove home. I love my truck

Keep in mind they are keeping and selling the factory wheels which is 100% profit for them.  When I bought mine there last fall they quoted me $3k for a 2 inch level, Fuel wheels and 305's which seemed a bit high.  Although with that said I have nothing but positive to say about the purchase price and overall experience.  Made the 10 hour round trip well worth mainly due to difficult finding any 6.2 inventory close by or any local dealers willing to come close to their prices. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, reardiff said:

Keep in mind they are keeping and selling the factory wheels which is 100% profit for them.  When I bought mine there last fall they quoted me $3k for a 2 inch level, Fuel wheels and 305's which seemed a bit high.  Although with that said I have nothing but positive to say about the purchase price and overall experience.  Made the 10 hour round trip well worth mainly due to difficult finding any 6.2 inventory close by or any local dealers willing to come close to their prices. 

I've always thought the same thing. I wonder what they would say if you asked to take all of the stock equipment & parts home with you, since you're paying for them anyway, haha. 

Thanks for the info.  Seems they are pretty competent on lifts.  They give GM Supplier Discount pricing, so that's why the prices are pretty good.  I get that pricing from my employer, but I don't see any lifted new 18's in my area.  They quoted me (sight unseen) low KBB end on my trade, I'd like the higher end and I'd probably go today lol.

I really want to wait until Sept/Oct when the hideous 19s are out in full force but I feel their lifted 18 inventory might be limited by then.

2 hours ago, RPOD71 said:

Thanks for the info.  Seems they are pretty competent on lifts.  They give GM Supplier Discount pricing, so that's why the prices are pretty good.  I get that pricing from my employer, but I don't see any lifted new 18's in my area.  They quoted me (sight unseen) low KBB end on my trade, I'd like the higher end and I'd probably go today lol.

I really want to wait until Sept/Oct when the hideous 19s are out in full force but I feel their lifted 18 inventory might be limited by then.

I have bought several vehicles from Laura, my Sierra and the wife's Terrain included. I also know quite a few other friends and relatives that have purchased vehicles there. Unfortunately they aren't going to give you higher end on your trade. They are, however, more than making up for it with their prices on what your buying though and I have no complaints with them. They really are great to deal with and totally up front.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RPOD71 said:

Their prices are well below supplier, I get suppler pricing at my job and have found that to be a good starting point for negotiations, but there's still money left on the table at that price.  Most are willing to come down from there, some not so much, but in general Laura is several thousand lower than that with no negotiation. 

Edited by reardiff

5 hours ago, reardiff said:

Their prices are well below supplier, I get suppler pricing at my job and have found that to be a good starting point for negotiations, but there's still money left on the table at that price.  Most are willing to come down from there, some not so much, but in general Laura is several thousand lower than that with no negotiation. 

Really?  I just assumed it was that.  Would be nice if I can apply my discount to the already discounted trucks lol

All discounts are already included in their prices. Not sure if most know this or not but you can go to https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/build-and-price/ and build a vehicle just like you can on the GMC or Chevy website and it will show you the supplier price plus any incentives or rebates.  Just for fun I built a 2018 sierra crew cab 6.2 and compared to a very similar truck at Laura. 

MSRP:  $55,550

Supplier Price: $47,395

Laura Price: $42,807 (plus another $1,000 if you use GM financing)

I you can get 20% off MSRP that's generally considered a good deal, Laura's prices (on their trucks at least) typically seem to be at least 20 and sometimes close to 30% off just depending on the vehicle, options, package discounts, incentives, etc..  And best of all it's no negotiating. The price you see is what you pay with no extra feeds just tax, title, and $172 document fee.   Having said that I have no affiliation with this place, just a very pleasant personal experience  ;)

• Thanks 1

I had a great experience with Laura Buick GMC

Example Deal

Sierra 1500 SLT crew 6.2

MSRP 59930
Discount 14717 ( 24% off )
sale price 45213
+ 182 doc fee
+10 temp tag
+ No BS, no games, etc.

Laura Buick GMC

My sales guy was Andrew Quinones.

Tell him Terrell sent you ;-)

7 hours ago, reardiff said:

All discounts are already included in their prices. Not sure if most know this or not but you can go to https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/build-and-price/ and build a vehicle just like you can on the GMC or Chevy website and it will show you the supplier price plus any incentives or rebates.  Just for fun I built a 2018 sierra crew cab 6.2 and compared to a very similar truck at Laura. 

MSRP:  $55,550

Supplier Price: $47,395

Laura Price: $42,807 (plus another $1,000 if you use GM financing)

I you can get 20% off MSRP that's generally considered a good deal, Laura's prices (on their trucks at least) typically seem to be at least 20 and sometimes close to 30% off just depending on the vehicle, options, package discounts, incentives, etc..  And best of all it's no negotiating. The price you see is what you pay with no extra feeds just tax, title, and $172 document fee.   Having said that I have no affiliation with this place, just a very pleasant personal experience  ;)

Document fee must be considered part of truck price since the dealer pockets it.

You can’t go wrong with Laura’s. I got my 16 for about 13.5k off sticker including the leveling kit and wheel/tires and my dad got his 17 for about 15k off sticker. We both flew down there and they were waiting at the airport for us. Quick trip to the dealer to sign papers and headed home. Local dealers wouldn’t come close to their deals.

B9E8594C-CF9C-4A6E-B3D9-CD9D73476523.jpeg

85E7BAE5-A41A-443F-9051-1F10D9224C50.jpeg

Edited by Brandon5799

Brandon, nice rides.  My 2017 I got from Laura is exactly like the sliver one above (minus the towing mirrors)   Regarding the comment that local dealers wont' come close to their prices that's is very true.  When I was looking took the print out of the truck I wanted to local dealers and asked about their price.  One dealer literally told me  if I can buy that truck for the price I showed them (print out form Laura's website) then I should run down there fast as I could before they changed their minds.... So I did.

I also found their trade in to be fair, infact they quoted me a price sight unseen based on the discription over the phone, which I thought was fair, but then once we get to the paperwork said it was nicer than they thought so they gave me another $500 which they didn't have to do and I wasn't expecting.  Given it was EXCELLENT condition, original owner, low milage (for the age) 2003 silverado Z71.   But does not compare to the 2017 6.2 I have now  :thumbs:

• Like 1